List Mgmt. 2017 draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What sort? Like the one that the kid from GCS that trained with us had?
Not sure, they just mentioned in the article that he had been diagnosed about a month back but had been given the all clear. However some clubs have reportedly said they will be overlooking him.

To me it seems we can't lose. We'll either end up with Balta, Brander, Allen,Hayes etc or get a slider. Good position to be in. Just hope we don't have to use 17 or 20 on Naish

Wouldn't have said that in relation to our recruiting 4 or 5 years ago. I agree with you though we're on a roll, even rookie selections like Lambert and Castagna are turning to gold.

Just finished a replay of the Prelim. Watching Tomlinson (GWS) carve us up. 194cm 97 kgs. Ran & ran & ran all day. I'm all for drafting 1 or 2 players this size. I would rather stay away from drafting ruck size players (200cm +)
I proposed we get him last year and plenty suggested he was a spud.
Mature age pick Marty Hore is one to keep an eye on from this year.

Just finished a replay of the Prelim. Watching Tomlinson (GWS) carve us up. 194cm 97 kgs. Ran & ran & ran all day. I'm all for drafting 1 or 2 players this size. I would rather stay away from drafting ruck size players (200cm +)

Only to turn it over because his disposal by foot is poor, dont be fooled by a few good runs down the wing on a day out.... ask why he wasnt played there all year if he is that good.
Size is one thing but foot skills are another

Himmelberg (not sure of spelling) was good too. could have almost kicked 4. I remember thinking somebody get in this kids ear tell him to come and play in front of these big crowds every week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg (not sure of spelling) was good too. could have almost kicked 4. I remember thinking somebody get in this kids ear tell him to come and play in front of these big crowds every week
Himmelburg is exactly the type we need. Very mobile and developing. He will be a very good KPF. Happily give our first next year for him.

Constable at 20 would be a good get, Naish at 17 would be a bit disappointing.

I can see Constable patrolling the midfield. If he cops a tag, he can peel off and police the backline

Surely Brander isn't there at 17 or 20 if the below is his usual output

reminds me a bit of N Riewoldt

Can see why the cats didn't get a home final.No one goes there.

We already have a Tomlinson clone - tall, very athletic, marginal kick - in Callum Moore, who really looked good in the VFL finals. Moore might even have more natural forward football IQ. IMO we need true key position sized players more than tall wingers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back