List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So blokes who work in the media and in the industry are all wrong.. clearly we've had a good trade period..that's not in doubt. Only question is how good. Time will tell. No need to tell me Motlop is a risk...we had Daniel.
Most of the AFL media don't have much idea & are usually guessing.

Agree you have had a good trade period on paper.

Bring in Watts for Lobbe & you are laughing.

Yeah, sprinting towards goal to get on the end of a cheap kick, then sprinting towards the bench for a Powerade and a sit down after the ball got turned over. Just remember all these posts you made once he actually pulls on a Port Adelaide guernsey and takes the field. Gee, he would want to deliver and impact every single game when he is getting paid $11 500 per week.

Haha now that just looks like sour grapes. It's not even intelligent. average player gets 80% of that. Jesus Andy Ottens gets 7k every week from your club.....wow.

Haha now that just looks like sour grapes. It's not even intelligent. average player gets 80% of that. Jesus Andy Ottens gets 7k every week from your club.....wow.
Sour grapes ?? God no. I was very vocal about not wanting Motlop. Which you are about to learn why over the next 4 years. Seeing as though you brought it up, unintelligent would be adding an 'S' to the end of Andy Otten. Calling him Jesus is also not very intelligent. He is far from that. He is a role player, and depth.

I think we need to sort out the competing conspiracies

Either Port are paying more than reported or the AFL have slipped Geelong pick 19 to free up Ablett.

Crows supporters come down on Port paying more. Port supporters or VFL haters coming down on the AFL conspiracy

I would hope the AFL site changes its figures on the Port offer for Motlop to come into line with the Band 2 compo

From reading some Vic media, who are indeed questioning the Motlop compo, I would not be at all surprised if the AFL are slipping Geelong yet another one! Apparently, there is no compo formula, just a vague set of guidelines, including salary and age, and a committee! Nothing is guaranteed and they can do whatever they like. The "system" is set up just so they can ignore it. This is yet another example of Geelong not having to obey the rules. It is also consistent with yesterday's rumour that Geelong was doing special pleading to the AFL on the compo.

I'm off. Was just trying offer a balanced opinion. Maybe because I live in a 10 team town I'm detuned to the silliness those in Adelaide seem to thrive on. I must say though to be verbally abused is crap. Enjoy cricket season!
A balanced opinion ?? A balanced opinion would be admitting that Port are seriously over-paying Motlop. Also, you want verbal abuse, here's an experiment you can undertake. Open a Big Footy account and select team supported as "Adelaide". Then venture on over to the Port Adelaide board and start posting. You will then have a clear understanding on what it means to be "verbally abused" !!

So blokes who work in the media and in the industry are all wrong.. clearly we've had a good trade period..that's not in doubt. Only question is how good. Time will tell. No need to tell me Motlop is a risk...we had Daniel.

Port has had a good trade, but a little honesty in wages, you don't need to hide the fact.
As for the media, they were saying the Crows had offered Motlop 600K before they even officially spoke to him all based on Kane Cornes so call inside knowledge. it was also reported Gold coast offer was 600k plus, but the Vic and SA media have so far only run with Kanes and Rucci figure for the Port offer, which was pre Crows and Gold Coast offer, since then Port up there offer to match or come close to Gold coast offer.
The word in Geelong is Mottlop figure was worth a Band 2, which is why they did not match. they originally expected a band 3 but a late offer put it into the band 2 group. so who made the late offer.
Did you know It was reported By a Brisbane reporter the Rockliff received 3mill over 4 years. but the media ran with a figure from trade radio.
The football media in this town and Victoria are lacking a very important skill called Investigated reporting

I received my info from Brisbane and Geelong because I know for a fact we will not get the truth in SA. And let just wait to see where Pick 19 ends up.

Again Port has done OK but lets all be honest on the Cost.

There's talk that Melbourne are going to pay some of Watts' salary after shipping him out.

I'm not convinced he's a dud get, I actually think getting away from Melbourne will do him a world of good

Richard Tambling thread. Drafted to the wrong club at the wrong time, both could/should have been far better than they were or have been.

I'd be shocked if watts can turn it around now. Has talent, like Tambling, but in my view is no great recruit.

Melbourne are shipping him out whilst contracted and paying part of his salary for a reason. They've given up on him and want to offload him whilst he still has some currency.

Yeah, sprinting towards goal to get on the end of a cheap kick, then sprinting towards the bench for a Powerade and a sit down after the ball got turned over. Just remember all these posts you made once he actually pulls on a Port Adelaide guernsey and takes the field. Gee, he would want to deliver and impact every single game when he is getting paid $11 500 per week.

We’re talking about Motlop not Josh Jenkins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From reading some Vic media, who are indeed questioning the Motlop compo, I would not be at all surprised if the AFL are slipping Geelong yet another one! Apparently, there is no compo formula, just a vague set of guidelines, including salary and age, and a committee! Nothing is guaranteed and they can do whatever they like. The "system" is set up just so they can ignore it. This is yet another example of Geelong not having to obey the rules. It is also consistent with yesterday's rumour that Geelong was doing special pleading to the AFL on the compo.

At least someone actually gets it ^

Richard Tambling thread. Drafted to the wrong club at the wrong time, both could/should have been far better than they were or have been.

I'd be shocked if watts can turn it around now. Has talent, like Tambling, but in my view is no great recruit.

Melbourne are shipping him out whilst contracted and paying part of his salary for a reason. They've given up on him and want to offload him whilst he still has some currency.

I thought Sydney, with the player anonymity, would have been his ideal club.
Adelaide's 2 club town media scrutiny will just compound pressure on him.

Then I suppose he has to defend, tackle, chase and run at the player, Smithers isn’t the best at these, likes to get the ball and go... Give the lad a chance.

Where would you play him?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Problem is Wayne doesn't do that. Smith might not be the best defender but he does all those things Wayne doesn't.

Where would I play him, right now in the SANFL.

Am I being too hard, maybe. I don't see Wayne in the same light that some here do.

I wonder if Port supporters ever see their recruits, our massive defections, and wonder how despite an enormous discrepancy in trading, the Crows have still been more successful over the last few years.
Nah, slutting yourself to grab anybody and everybody during the trade period regardless of whether they are actually any good is absolutely the last piece of the puzzle.

+1

There was some posters that thought Menzel would deliver in spades and some bs about the need to deCarltonize him. The fact remains we lost with this trade and he was a spud from the beginning as you mentioned I thought the same as well.

Menzel has tons of ability for sure, and as long as his head and fitness is up to standard should be a fantastic player for us, and a match winner. Or he could be our Colin Sylvia...

I know it's not great to quote yourself....but I recall posting this about Troy Menzel when he was traded to us. I so wish I was wrong....

You win some and you lose some.... club took a punt on him which didn't work out sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back