Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

For starters, Langdon (mind boggling decision to play him against Collingwood) and S.Hill (obviously brought back too early and was a shadow of himself). And there must be question marks with A.Pearce and Bennell.

Fyfe too. Brought back from a broken leg and rebroke it not long after. Wasn't fully healed. Could have ended his career. Mind-bogglingly stupid. Apeness as well re-injured the same injury multiple times. Morabito. Need we go on.

Just don't play Griffin. Even if tabs plays every game and is crap we can delist him at the end if the season
Can't see Rosco playing big Darcy and Griffin together. RTB stated that playing Sandi and Darcy went against the grain but they felt he needed to be rewarded.

I heard Griffin got challenged in the lead up to the Brissie game and was no good. His card has surely been marked. Might as well run with Tabs, Collins, Cox or Johnson as second ruck.

We were talking about potential rookie upgrades with Sandi being out for the year.
They are all not ready body wise. Will be a big risk to injured themselves as they are on rookie list ( aka tanner smith)

Can't see Rosco playing big Darcy and Griffin together. RTB stated that playing Sandi and Darcy went against the grain but they felt he needed to be rewarded.

I heard Griffin got challenged in the lead up to the Brissie game and was no good. His card has surely been marked. Might as well run with Tabs, Collins, Cox or Johnson as second ruck.

I think if Darcy went down injured (God forbid) we'd probably look at Strnadica (who was actually recruited to ruck) ahead of Griffin.

When Clarke and Griffin go we're going to have to draft 1-2 more rucks next season.

It's a carrot, though. See who wants it the most.
With 9 game left I rather keep them for another year and build them in pre season . If wafl final series come good , if not go to the gym early in the season

Fyfe too. Brought back from a broken leg and rebroke it not long after. Wasn't fully healed. Could have ended his career. Mind-bogglingly stupid. Apeness as well re-injured the same injury multiple times. Morabito. Need we go on.
Not sure about Fyfe being back too early. My understanding from conversation with medicos in the field is that the wrong size plate was used ie, too small and that was the issue. If true, why do we send players to Melbourne for surgery?
Fyfe's fibular injury repair is basic for orthopaedic surgeons here in Perth.

We say that every damn year. Instead, Bond and Co. select the best available, which usually are midfielders. Please this season has to be the best FORWARD available. We have enough of the same, same.
Did you have an opinion on who we should have taken last year (before the actual draft)? I was pretty happy with Logue and Cox, plus Strnadica later.

Did you have an opinion on who we should have taken last year (before the actual draft)? I was pretty happy with Logue and Cox, plus Strnadica later.

Todd Marshall was rated the best key forward in the draft but hasn't made his AFL Debut yet. Has been pretty good in the SANFL so far though. That's probably who we would have gone for if not Logue.

It was pretty much agreed that Logue was the best available at that pick, but I'm not sure we needed another key defender considering we already had Pearce, Hamling and Collins. If it was me making the pick I would have just taken Marshall or perhaps a goalkicking small forward like Florent.

Not saying Logue is bad, but he wasn't really what we needed. Lucky we got a bargain in Cox to make up for not taking a key forward earlier.

Todd Marshall was rated the best key forward in the draft but hasn't made his AFL Debut yet. Has been pretty good in the SANFL so far though. That's probably who we would have gone for if not Logue.

It was pretty much agreed that Logue was the best available at that pick, but I'm not sure we needed another key defender considering we already had Pearce, Hamling and Collins. If it was me making the pick I would have just taken Marshall or perhaps a goalkicking small forward like Florent.

Not saying Logue is bad, but he wasn't really what we needed. Lucky we got a bargain in Cox to make up for not taking a key forward earlier.
There really is no point taking players simply because they are KPFs. For me it is neither here nor there taking Logue instead of Marshall. They are both at the start of their careers and may or may not succeed. The draft is a weighted raffle.

Pretty happy to have Logue developing. Imagine the melts if we went Darcy then Cox, which is probably their current rankings.

As bad as this is, it's a massive opportunity for Darcy. He's going to be fast tracked with his development now.

Yeah I thought this was the case a little bit as well. Will also keep Strada in the first's at Peel working on his ruck craft which is also very worthwhile development wise.

Devo for Sandi but looking forward to the development of Darcy and Strada.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ubergang could be the icing on the cake. If looks meant anything he will be a champ. He is one smooth mover for a big unit. Hope he gets a game or two in this season. The last 5 at Peel would be ideal so he can get some finals experience.

Yes he's the smoky. Loved what I've seen of him when he was on the track. As you say a really nice mover.

Re the convo up the page on draft selection you just can't know with talls. I remember being keen on Hamling in his draft year & again when Geelong dumped him but if we'd taken him he would have been written off as a dud years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ubergang could be the icing on the cake. If looks meant anything he will be a champ. He is one smooth mover for a big unit. Hope he gets a game or two in this season. The last 5 at Peel would be ideal so he can get some finals experience.

Don't know if you noticed that when the little league came together for their photo they were joined by two Freo players.

Those Freo players were Ubergang and Harley Bennell. I took it as a real positive that Harley and Uber were getting a little exposure to game day and the ground. Needless to say the three tier stand was pretty excited to see Harley out there and walking around freely.

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 4 JULY, 2017
  • Stephen Hill (Calf) test [NEW]
  • Josh Deluca (Ankle) test [NEW]
  • Ed Langdon (Knee) test [no change]
  • Harley Bennell (Calf) 1-2 weeks [no change]
  • Matthew Uebergang (Hamstring) TBA [no change]
  • Zac Clarke (Knee) TBA [no change]
  • Alex Pearce (Leg) TBA [no change]
  • Michael Apeness (Knee) Season [no change]
  • Aaron Sandilands (Hamstring) season [NEW]
NO LONGER LISTED
  • Jon Griffin (Calf)
  • Nat Fyfe (Chest)
  • Danyle Pearce (Calf)
  • Brady Grey (Hamstring)
*note: Aaron Sandilands was listed as "test" last week, played, and re-injured himself.

HARLEY BENNELL INJURY STATUS
  • 4/July: 1-2 weeks (11th-18th July)
  • 27/June: 1-2 weeks (4th-11th July)
  • 21/June: 3 weeks (12th July)
  • 13/June: 3-4 weeks (4th-11th July)
  • 6/June: 4 weeks (4th July - overdue)
  • 30/May: 4-5 weeks (27th June - 4th July - overdue)
  • 23/May: 5 weeks (27th June - overdue)
  • 16/May: 5-6 weeks (20th-27th June - overdue)
  • 9/May: 7 weeks (27th June - overdue)
  • 2/May: 6-8 weeks (13th-27th June - overdue)
  • 25/April: 9 weeks (27th June - overdue)
  • 18/April: 8-10 weeks (12th-26th June - overdue)
  • 10/April: 8-10 weeks (5th-19th June - overdue)
  • 4/April: TBA
  • 28/March: TBA

Love it, skip the 2-3 and 2 weeks but then pull a double on 1-2 weeks

• 11/July: test (11th July)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back