List Mgmt. 2017 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham isn't really a senior body (22 I think?), is slow and will probably be in soon. Had been outperformed by the young guys already.
So the same age as Josh Kelly then

And he has also been racking up 30+ posies a game in the vfl for weeks now.

Just admit you're tanking and be done with it

You seem to need an update on Carltons position - Bag us for our choices cool but your facts aren't right. Palmer came in for the Essendon game, had an absolute stinker and then got injured. Polson was the best on ground two vfl games in a row so another young guy got the nod. Here older experienced bodies we aren't playing - Smedts who plays bruise free football and has been out for ages with constant injuries. Jones - Awful. Kerridge - Likely be in the team soon but has been in awful form. Thomas - Injured. Kreuzer - Needed a week off, slight injury. Alex Silvagni - He'd replace Rowe who is a senior body... moot point. Lamb - injured. KJ - pushing for selection but hasn't proved much. So please enlighten me on which senior bodies we could be playing but are choosing not too. The cupboard is bare at Carlton.
You guys got smashed playing lots (too many, IMHO) of kids. Sure, guys who are injured aren't going to get a go, but that's not everyone there. I reckon that there will be more of those experienced names in next week for the Swans game because of what their experience brings. (I get that there are a lot of younger players because of what you've done to your list, but there's a few more than the 18-20 year olds & 0-4 gamers played.) As I said previously, Carlton's team is Carlton's call. Just an observation on how kids at another team might see it from the outside.
I reckon they'll enjoy their work a lot more with an extra $5K going into their bank account each week!
Yeah, nah. Did you see Weitering's body language after the game? Money's not everything in life. Sure, it's a factor, but some have a better balance on life. They might take the extra $, but won't be enjoying getting smashed.

I don't care about Carlton at all. Just see the situation there for what it is - bad for young kids who are currently at a club in a good situation. You can dream, I get that, but your dream might be their nightmare.

Cause an average mid isn't josh kelly? What a rubbish post. Carlton has too much debt, low enough tv ratings and poor membership trends... Tanking is certainly not what we're doing. More likely to fold.

You guys got smashed playing lots (too many, IMHO) of kids. Sure, guys who are injured aren't going to get a go, but that's not everyone there. I reckon that there will be more of those experienced names in next week for the Swans game because of what their experience brings. (I get that there are a lot of younger players because of what you've done to your list, but there's a few more than the 18-20 year olds & 0-4 gamers played.) As I said previously, Carlton's team is Carlton's call. Just an observation on how kids at another team might see it from the outside.
Yeah, which is fair enough. Don't get the hostility between boards, just wanted to give a carlton perspective for it. Thanks for a reasonable reply!

Cause an average mid isn't josh kelly? What a rubbish post. Carlton has too much debt, low enough tv ratings and poor membership trends... Tanking is certainly not what we're doing. More likely to fold.
That's a better response. Look I was genuinely discussing this with a mate at yesterday's game. Both of us like to watch the blues cos there are so many kids we liked to watch there. Our conclusion was that if you are playing 9-10 kids that's too many. Even we tried to avoid that in our inception (although it wasn't always possible) but we were a unique situation. Choosing to leave the more experienced players out might start that melb cycle of players never learning how to win/ compete in the hard moments of a game.

Seems dangerous

That's a better response. Look I was genuinely discussing this with a mate at yesterday's game. Both of us like to watch the blues cos there are so many kids we liked to watch there. Our conclusion was that if you are playing 9-10 kids that's too many. Even we tried to avoid that in our inception (although it wasn't always possible) but we were a unique situation. Choosing to leave the more experienced players out might start that melb cycle of players never learning how to win/ compete in the hard moments of a game.

Seems dangerous
Never go full melbourne :drunk:

Been tried before and doesn't have the run, speed nor ability to win his own ball in the AFL. There are many, many players who stand out at NEAFL, SANFL, WAFL and VFL level but don't quite have it to make the step up to quality AFL player.

Been tried before and doesn't have the run, speed nor ability to win his own ball in the AFL. There are many, many players who stand out at NEAFL, SANFL, WAFL and VFL level but don't quite have it to make the step up to quality AFL player.

Stop being so negative! Graham is a late bloomer and future 4 time Brownlow Medalist runner up (albeit one will be a tie for 2nd with Sumner) who's emergence will co-incide with Carlton's next run of Premiership victories in 2020-2023!!

This period will be known as "The Boekhorst Blitz" and will be dominated by the crafty exploits of the Western Australian superstar winger and part time Uber driver!!!

Sadly these Premiership victories will be stripped when the AFL uncovers hidden salary payments to Kristian Jacksh, a key plank in the renaissance of the once failing and insigificant VFL also ran.

Investigators will find Jacksh, the leading goalkicker of the competition in 2021 (7 goals) was secretly paid 18 million dollars by an unnamed member of Melbourne's underbelly fraternity (and Carlton Board Member) in a series of meetings at a Lygon Street Gelato Shop between the years of 2015-2022.

The AFL will strip Carlton of its 4 consecutive Premiership victories, fine them 100 billion dollars and banish them back to the VFL :(

Happily, these victories (2020-23), alleged offences, and punishments will not actually occur when it emerges they did not really happen and were in fact the wet dreams/nightmares of a delusional Blues supporter in Brisbane!!

Phew!! Nothing to see here!! Everything is going to be ok kids!!! :)

Last edited:
Stop being so negative! Graham is a late bloomer and future 4 time Brownlow Medalist runner up (albeit one will be a tie for 2nd with Sumner) who's emergence will co-incide with Carlton's next run of Premiership victories in 2020-2023!!

This period will be known as "The Boekhorst Blitz" and will be dominated by the crafty exploits of the Western Australian superstar winger and part time Uber driver!!!

Sadly these Premiership victories will be stripped when the AFL uncovers hidden salary payments to Kristian Jacksh, a key plank in the renaissance of the once failing and insigificant VFL also ran.

Investigators will find Jacksh, the leading goalkicker of the competition in 2021 (7 goals) was secretly paid 18 million dollars by an unnamed member of Melbourne's underbelly fraternity (and Carlton Board Member) in a series of meetings at a Lygon Street Gelato Shop between the years of 2015-2022.

The AFL will strip Carlton of its 4 consecutive Premiership victories, fine them 100 billion dollars and banish them back to the VFL :(

Happily, these victories (2020-23), alleged offences, and punishments will not actually occur when it emerges they did not really happen and were in fact the wet dreams/nightmares of a delusional Blues supporter in Brisbane!!

Phew!! Nothing to see here!! Everything is going to be ok kids!!! :)

Hahahahaha! That's really embarrassing. Took you 6 hours to come up with that? :p:D

You get Hopper? Hmmm cant see it to be honest. Best 22 and a NSWelshman in a contender.

Why leave to, ummm, Giants NeAFL edition trading as Carlton?

Unless you godfather a deal to him (which is possible I grant) he wont go.

Why to leave? For starters, he would play in front of more people in a VFL game. GWS would be very tight right about now with their salary cap and it's only going to get tighter. Too many good players all deserving of a pay rise - a few will inevitably be squeezed out.

Why to leave? For starters, he would play in front of more people in a VFL game. GWS would be very tight right about now with their salary cap and it's only going to get tighter. Too many good players all deserving of a pay rise - a few will inevitably be squeezed out.
Our salary cap isn't that tight. We shed the likes of Pickett, Palmer, Stewart, ahern, Patfull, McCarthy, WHE and Steele who were all in good to decent coin.

Ahern for example was 350k pa

Our list managers do plan ahead for these things and not to mention that the cap will be increasing so we have even more money to play with

Hahahahaha! That's really embarrassing. Took you 6 hours to come up with that? :p:D

You've got me, I saw your post and it sent me into a tail spin!! It kept me up all night until I finally found the creative juices to find something remotely sarcastic and witty to retort about the Carlton Footy Club!!

You are a truly brilliant man.... of this there is no doubt!

I feel like I'm sparring intellectually with the mental equivalent of Stephen Hawking and Rain Man, if Hawking had the raw pugilistic talents of Jeff "Hitman" Harding!!

Keep up the great work :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a few draft rankings have dropped spargo from to 10 to 20s since his removal from the academy.

We can now get him for a second rounder and the Mexicans won't be able to rage about it

Soooo you are just a troll.

No actual factual comments

As such go back to your board and enjoy getting our reserves.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Using that logic the fact that your reply took 21 hours and was this pitiful must be really demoralising for you :)

Not at all mate.

TBF mate, at 10 30 last night I switched off my computer and engaged in life outside of the internet for a while, had a bit of a snooze, worked for a few hours, had lunch then thought Id pop along here and see what' doing. What did I find? Some comedy gold from Andre the Giant that took him 6 hours to reply to. I'm wondering how many times he re- wrote it to get it just right? ;) Don't get me wrong, It was quite enjoyable.:):D

Not at all mate.

TBF mate, at 10 30 last night I switched off my computer and engaged in life outside of the internet for a while, had a bit of a snooze, worked for a few hours, had lunch then thought Id pop along here and see what' doing. What did I find? Some comedy gold from Andre the Giant that took him 6 hours to reply to. I'm wondering how many times he re- wrote it to get it just right? ;) Don't get me wrong, It was quite enjoyable.:):D
Is carlton life so bad you have to spend your time with us?

So a few draft rankings have dropped spargo from to 10 to 20s since his removal from the academy.

We can now get him for a second rounder and the Mexicans won't be able to rage about it
The irony would be delicious

Can see us taking spargo for the lols with our first pick at 18, then spend one of our seconds taking paech, the other second and the rest of our picks are academy points for Powell, Richards and Shipley.

Take Myers in the rookie draft

TBF, you guys didn't want to let Marchbank go at all. Just saying.

At best I think you have 2 from at least 10 that we really wanted or needed to keep. Marchbank and Plowman. Sauce is serviceable, but we have ruck depth.

You have done us a favour (particularly with Lamb) but I don't know how much value you'll get long term.

Our salary cap isn't that tight. We shed the likes of Pickett, Palmer, Stewart, ahern, Patfull, McCarthy, WHE and Steele who were all in good to decent coin.

Ahern for example was 350k pa

Our list managers do plan ahead for these things and not to mention that the cap will be increasing so we have even more money to play with

May be, but a team of absolute stars on every line plus a queue in the 2s pushing for a run at some point has got to put on the squeeze.

Can see us taking spargo for the lols with our first pick at 18, then spend one of our seconds taking paech, the other second and the rest of our picks are academy points for Powell, Richards and Shipley.

Take Myers in the rookie draft

We won't have 18 unless it's in a trade thanks to the Lachie punishment.

At the moment in the first three rounds we have:
  • A pick somewhere between 5 (if we come last) and non-existent (if we win the premiership). Unless we finish in the bottom 8 our "first" pick will be demoted to a third round or later.
  • Collingwood's second round pick.
  • St Kilda's second round pick.

May be, but a team of absolute stars on every line plus a queue in the 2s pushing for a run at some point has got to put on the squeeze.
Nah
Most will take less to stay with us rather than move to a club fighting for spoons. 50k members or no members, no one likes getting belted pillar to post.

Oh and you can take that back to your list thread

shouldnt Carlton worry about trying to re-sign weitering, c.curnow, McKay, etc. all will get offers from other clubs if Carlton don't come to the table. Not to mention you have more first rounders in your team than us so the salary cap squeeze should be hurting Carlton soon as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back