Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Late to this discussion, but what's the scenario where we would be trading Weitering?

If we lose him + some other fringe assets, and the net gain is Kelly and Rayner, then that's absolutely a discussion you should be having.

And it's less about giving up on Weitering, or even that he's a surplus to our needs, but acknowledging that to get quality in, quality needs to go out.

Mate i agree we need more quality midfielders but im not giving up a 19 year old key postion future gun. Our bottom 6 to 8 players most weeks are the reason we lose. Lool at tonights team Boekhorst, Thomas, Smedts, Kerridge, Armfield wouldnt get a game at most other clubs and will not feature in our team when we become good. No 1 pick could be coming our way again lets grab the best young midfielder with that pick or offer it to GWS for Kelly and Hopper maybe throw in another pick also.

No way we take a midfielder. Just not the Carlton Way :rolleyes:

Time to add defensive depth sos.

What did you guys think about our game style vs WC?
I definitely preferred this faster style play and made players like Boek, Fisher, SPS & Pickett look better as they prefer open space.

Thing is to pull it off we need run and thus played the lowest amount of key position players we have all year with only Cas, SOSOS & Curnow up forward and Jones, Plowman & Weiters down back. It worked pretty well.

While Cas might leave we still have highly rated talls in McKay, Marchbank & Macreadie to fit into the team. But i don't want to stack our team with talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After tonight, hopefully the conversation about Simpson dies down. Had lighter duties, and looked cleaner with the footy as a result. Kudos to the kids for stepping up to lighten the load.

Boekhorst and Lamb have earned another year, well played to both.

Yes Kerr as a forward which potentially pushes jack to the backline as we saw when Mckay came in . Just hypothetical crap really ;)
SOS is a tall utility, but he'll be mostly forward and midfield through his career unless we need him in defence in a Goddard-type role.

Good to see Boekhorst get the opportunity and make good of it.
The better the midfield, the more Boekhorst will make sense.
Clearly has quality traits, but it's about getting the mindset right and the same goes for Jaksch.
I don't like clearing players with clear ability, but understand that sometimes you can't make the horse drink.

If either player is cut, it will be unfortunate as there are others that will remain simply by default.

Good to see Boekhorst get the opportunity and make good of it.
The better the midfield, the more Boekhorst will make sense.
Clearly has quality traits, but it's about getting the mindset right and the same goes for Jaksch.
I don't like clearing players with clear ability, but understand that sometimes you can't make the horse drink.

If either player is cut, it will be unfortunate as there are others that will remain simply by default.
We have no shortage of players to clear so anyone young and with talent can stay

That's why we have so many of them. :)

Sydney's backline is littered with rookies and is doing just fine.
O.K. there's more to it than that, but if we weren't quite sure before, we must be by now, in that we must have more mids......quality mids, before anything can change at our club. I'm sure you may have noticed but we're edging ever closer to 18th this year and Weitering has not made one iota of difference.
Cripps has though. More Cripps' thanks, before we set out on a path of more Weiterings.
Pretty straight forward - with 18 teams you have to build slowly - start with talls who take longer to develop and are harder to find - then move to the mids

Simple and logical

I want Kelly over five key defenders
I would welcome gws to choose any except Macreadie!
Plowman and marchbank wanted to leave them and come home
Basically that leaves weitering and Jones
They can choose either ONE!
I'm not fussed!
How's that?
If they chose Jones
Weitering would need to step up as a lock down defender next year though
Happy to trade Weitering for Kelly

Jones , McCredie, ploughman , Marchbank with back up ASOS is more than enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad