Position 2017 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a ball magnet, contested beast, superstar
1 year older, 1 year better

I also think Collingwood improving will help him, last year he was running around with Pendles playing 2v18
I see the Pies winning 1-3 games more this year, so I also think that will help with scaling up in wins
Plus full PS, where last year not much of a PS.

It amazes me that there are over 80% of teams who DON"T have him

Would assume Pendles pulling out of one of the JLT games would have worked in his favour as well.

I would still take Pendles over him though.

Have 1 position in midfield that I can't decide on...

Danger, Pendles, ? , Fyfe, Beams, JOM, Sheed (or rookie), SPP

So far that ? has been filled by Bont, Mitchell, JPK, Treloar, Rocky, Shuey.
Probably not going to matter too much who I pick, but I know I'll have regrets whoever I go.

Probably not going to matter too much who I pick, but I know I'll have regrets whoever I go.

Of that lot, I would be looking at Treloar or Shuey.

Rocky is looking likely to trail Beams and Zorko this year IMO, JPK will probably start slow again, so will be a upgrade target, Mitchell is awkward as you dont know how he will go with a new team straight off the bat.

Treloar is solid, he will at least continue on from last year, Bonts will do the same, and one of the WC mids is going to go nuts this year, Shuey as likely as any of them.

Rocky is looking likely to trail Beams and Zorko this year IMO, JPK will probably start slow again, so will be a upgrade target, Mitchell is awkward as you dont know how he will go with a new team straight off the bat.

Treloar is solid, he will at least continue on from last year, Bonts will do the same, and one of the WC mids is going to go nuts this year, Shuey as likely as any of them.

Cheers, good response.

Jelwood is actually another one I've had in that spot.

Bugger it, I honestly might just dart board it.

Cheers, good response.

Jelwood is actually another one I've had in that spot.

Bugger it, I honestly might just dart board it.

Cant go wrong with Jelwood, was down on output last year and still killed it.

I have both, and Dangerwood too.

Would be pretty comfortable with those combos.

Both worked well last year, no reason why it shouldnt continue. As long as you are set for your byes, you really cant go wrong.

Is Zorko thought of as a super premo up there with the best thesedays ?
He hasn't yet hit the 110+ average in previous seasons but no one ever does until they do if you catch my drift. I believe Zorko is primed to average 110+ this year and as a POD is definitely in my team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd look at what suits your bye round structure also

Apologies guys, I saw that title and since i can't get through the paywall, immediately thought of the worst case scenario. Wont jump to conclusions.

If you're not sure whether something is right, do a search on Twitter. There'll be posts aplenty if something like that happens.

He hasn't yet hit the 110+ average in previous seasons but no one ever does until they do if you catch my drift. I believe Zorko is primed to average 110+ this year and as a POD is definitely in my team.

That's why I asked, he averaged 109 in 2016 playing 20 games then played all 3 JLT at an ave 125. This could be his year

All the way with JPK.

Sorry, why will JPK start slow again? What's your reasoning behind that?

Well his history against teams he plays in the first 5 rounds isn't great (for his lofty standards).

Port he got 95 on last year (prior years he's gone huge though!)
Bulldogs he has 1 score in his career over 110.
Collingwood he's hot and cold - only 75 last year in the thumping
West Coast only 1 score over 110 in his career
GWS he's been hot and cold last 2 years (58, 129, 99, 124)

Dunno how much to read into it all really, I think JPK is safe as houses to pick really (only 1 score below 90 last year).

Well his history against teams he plays in the first 5 rounds isn't great (for his lofty standards).

Port he got 95 on last year (prior years he's gone huge though!)
Bulldogs he has 1 score in his career over 110.
Collingwood he's hot and cold - only 75 last year in the thumping
West Coast only 1 score over 110 in his career
GWS he's been hot and cold last 2 years (58, 129, 99, 124)

Dunno how much to read into it all really, I think JPK is safe as houses to pick really (only 1 score below 90 last year).
So basically there's no reason whatsoever for him to start slowly? Thought so

So basically there's no reason whatsoever for him to start slowly? Thought so

Haha yeah, just looking at his history.

2016 he dropped $50k (from $600k) in first 6 weeks
2015 he dropped $65k (from $615k) in first 5 weeks and went down $130k by mid season
2014 he only went down $10k and then went up from a lower base
2013 he dropped $75k (from $643k) in first 5 weeks and went down by $200k towards end of season

History suggests he might go down to $550k in first few weeks, probably too soon to be able to upgrade a rookie anyway...

Haha yeah, just looking at his history.

2016 he dropped $50k (from $600k) in first 6 weeks
2015 he dropped $65k (from $615k) in first 5 weeks and went down $130k by mid season
2014 he only went down $10k and then went up from a lower base
2013 he dropped $75k (from $643k) in first 5 weeks and went down by $200k towards end of season

History suggests he might go down to $550k in first few weeks, probably too soon to be able to upgrade a rookie anyway...
Based on how price fluctuations work in this game, you could literally make this argument for a majority of the competition

My only issue with JPK is that he scores well in the big games ....but often coasts in the games against bottom sides .....frustrated the hell out of me, when i expect him to go big against the likes of a Brisbane / Carlton

More of an opinion then anything based on facts. Started a bit slower last year, with Hanners and Parker starting out of the blocks better. I can see this happening again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back