Autopsy 2017 Preliminary Finals, Liked, Learnt and Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

What I liked, different teams making it through to the big dance (sorry Hawks, Cats and Swans fans we need variety)

Learn't - The twilight finals games will probably be a precursor to a twilight GF very very soon

Hated - Can't think of anything, would have liked the games to end much closer than they did.

I don't hate anything.

No Paddy love fest all week, Chris Scott having to justify that woeful performance on 360, and most importantly GWS being taught once again what a proper footy side acts like when the going gets tough.

Well done tigers and crows, you deserve it.

From a supporter of a club that couldn't make the 8 that's really funny
:thumbsu: tks
I needed a laugh and now I've had it.

Stay on topic please, even if you do not appreciate the sentiments in return. This is not another opportunity to turn a thread into a GWS Bulldogs fight.

Goes for anyone who wants to take a pot shot at any poster in return

Stay on topic please, even if you do not appreciate the sentiments in return. This is not another opportunity to turn a thread into a GWS Bulldogs fight.

Goes for anyone who wants to take a pot shot at any poster in return

So a poster saying he wishes two injured players played becuase is his imagination they would have failed is ok.
And that in your mind isn't a fantasy and trolling in a place where it shouldn't be done?

Learnt:

Sportsbet are good at tempting me, have Adelaide to win $30 next week or Richmond to win $80 next week and they are offering me $50 cash out right now. Damn you sportsbet :p

Liked:

The two best teams showing that the bye means little when you are clearly better then the rest
Yellow and black

Disliked:

Booing Deledio, the man bled for you, at least show him some respect.

Liked - small forwards dominating finals - Charlie Cameron on fire in Adelaide, Dan Rioli burning up the G.

Hated - tiggy touchwood free kicks.

Learnt - the bye actually works - it eliminates the vagrancies of the hopelessly compromised h&a fixture, which leads to some teams finishing way higher than they should each year, and others finishing 7th when they should have finished top 2 (in any normal year).

Liked , Dustin Martin, champion, and his old man should be allowed to attend the Grand Final.
Learned ,Finally realized RIchmond are the real deal.
Hate what lays ahead this week with the media and the AFL making a case for Cotchin to play in GF. Nowhere to run Forrest, nowhere to run.

Crows are super front middle and back and will be very hard to stop. Best team all year.

Tiges looked very vulnerable when Giants stretched our players into isolation and moved the ball with skill. Something crows also do well.

Love the young tigers the kids who havent been phased yet, the never let up style plus some coaching smarts that shut giants run down 2nd half.

Liked Rioli in September, Best most consistent sides of year playing in GF, Adelaide's powerful forwardline, Twilight finals

Learnt GWS have serious issues moving into next year with 4 completely cooked players, Cameron doesn't have the guts to make hard calls as Deledio and SJ should never have played in that side

Hated Umpire whinging again

So a poster saying he wishes two injured players played becuase is his imagination they would have failed is ok.
And that in your mind isn't a fantasy and trolling in a place where it shouldn't be done?

In response to your comment and in the fairness of your complaint to which I wasn't aware of injuries to the named players, the normal rules apply.

That previous thread has been removed, but fair warning to all posters - any further digression of the thread that results in the same rhetoric will be carded regardless. No exceptions

Liked: Scintillating football from Adelaide and Richmond. The two best teams of 2017 are definitely the ones who made it to the GF. Charlie Cameron and Daniel Rioli, amazing.

Learnt: GWS are a still a bunch of front runners who don't defend when the opposition turns up the heat. When Richmond brought it in the 3rd quarter, there was no resistance whatsoever.

Hated: Ch7 commentary on Friday night continually barracking for Geelong to get into the game. I muted the TV after half time and listened to 5AA on my phone instead. At least those guys actually got excited whenever Adelaide did something good.

Take the MRP discussion to the relevant threads on the sub board please folks.

There's plenty of banter about it there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked:

• The Crows getting their King Kong sized PF monkey off their backs. Richmond joining us in breaking their GF duck too. 2 longest GF droughts gone
  • AFL making the decision early about the jumper for the GF
  • The fact i won GF tickets a few weeks back and now the Crows are actually in it!
  • Charlie Cameron making a lot of us Crows fans eat humble pie. That number 23 was built for big games. Rioli as a small forward also had a blinder and small forwards normally struggle in finals, great to see them get the job done

Learnt:

• It should be a belter of a GF. But i really hope we smoke em and it's a stress free day at the 'G

Hated:

• Some of the missed HTB decisions that the umps missed on Friday night against the Geelong players. There were a couple of stinkers (and i don't mean 50/50's, ones that Stevie Wonder would have paid) 3 IIRC.

Last edited:
Liked attack on ball speed of ball movement by the winning teams.

Learnt that GWS have similar issues to the Bulldogs of 97/98. Extremely skilled but couldn’t find that physical component and relentless pressure required to win at all costs.
Also learnt that commentators and analysts learn nothing from history. Post match predictions were identical to last year. Heart says Richmond, head says Crows.
Finally, Geelong still rely on too few when it counts and Crows are incredibly skilled at moving the ball.

Hated commentators spending so much time condemning or clearing Cotchin before it’s even decided. You’re going to crap on about it so much when decision is made just shut up and focus on the rest of the game. Basil nearly wet himself with excitement when the Doc announced delayed concussion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liked:
- Crows into the grand final!! It's been a long wait but extremely proud of how the club has handled an enormous amount of hurdles to reach this point. Still one huge challenge awaits so can't go getting ahead of ourselves.
- Richmond into the grand final. Not once have I ever even given them a serious chance of reaching this point in my life but late in the year it become apparent this lot of Tigers were different and going to give it a serious crack instead of just making up numbers, now they have. Well done to them people should give credit where it's due.
- Cameron & Rioli devastating their opponents with elite performances in some of the most important matches possible.

Learned:
- That Geelong really have bigger issues than Ablett is going to fix, infact I think he might even exacerbate them. Almost think they'd be better off not pursuing him and focusing on other potential recruits.
- This is for the finals series, every single match has been won by the side that has the higher KICK to handball ratio. Get caught up trying to over handball to make space will kill you faster than a high bomb to a decent contest down the line. Therefore I hope Richmond set a world record in handball next week lol.

Hated:
- Bit hard to hate anything much when you've made it into the grand final for the first time in ages. Sure some things still irk me but not worth focusing on with whats ahead this week.

Liked - two great sides of 2017 have made it to the final
hated - to see GWS have an entitlement issue. I really want them to succeed but they need a change of attitude
Learnt - a closely fought and even season, doesn't translate to close final.............I feel the GF will be decided by 10 goals as well

Liked - Adelaide Oval. My first time there and it's a fantastic venue. Atmosphere was electric. Would love KP to grow up one day and become like it.

Learned - Starvation for ultimate success leads to ultimate passion. Cats probably over-achieve than under-achieve with the current list.

Hated - Prelims. Now attended more losing Prelims than winning ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back