Preview 2017 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
pre-season and rookie draft on Monday.

How many picks are we likely to use?

Which kids/mature Agers are still available?

Will we give Wags another crack?

Personally hope we go with Bailey Banfield or Brett Bewley as mature agers. Don’t mind if Wags gets another 12 months to really give it a crack.

We only have Zurhaar on the rookie list right?

On what’s gone out of the club and what’s come in, we need a small forward so Wagner or someone else. Then we need a young replacement for Hansen. Something like that.

Who is out there?
What was Lennon’s best position?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think Lennon deserves another crack.

Bit of a left field one, I really like Flynn Appleby as a rookie option, don’t think we’ll pick him up but did some really good shut down roles in the TAC Cup and played some decent VFL. Could develop into a player if given the chance imo.

We only have Zurhaar on the rookie list right?

On what’s gone out of the club and what’s come in, we need a small forward so Wagner or someone else. Then we need a young replacement for Hansen. Something like that.

Who is out there?
What was Lennon’s best position?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
211216_Run4.jpg

Noah Answerth

Player bio
Former club: Oakleigh Chargers
Height: 184cm
Weight: 79kg
Position: Midfielder

2017 U18 Stats
Games: -
Goals: -
Avg Kicks: -
Avg Marks: -
Avg Hballs: -

A rebounding half-back with serious speed, Answerth played just two TAC Cup games for the season after suffering a back fracture. However, he is back in full training and will be fine for the start of pre-season if drafted. Was named vice-captain for the Chargers, a sign of his leadership. Answerth's competitiveness would serve him well at AFL level.

Just some of the names still available from the full nominations list:

Charlie Thompson , Noah Answerth, Aiden Domic, Ryan Burrows, James Bell, Ethan Floyd, Nathan Krueger , Jordan Butts, Joel Amarty, Bailey Banfield, Matt Hanson, Dom Brew, Riley D'Arcy, Cameron Ellis-Yolman, Brodie Foster, Stefan Giro, Isaac Hewson, Bailey Henderson, David Handley, Changkuoth Jiath, Alex Martini, Geordie Nagle, Cassidy Parrish, Ethan Penrith, Mitchell Podhajski , Jack Powell, Aidan Quigley , Adam Sambono, Haiden Schloithe, Thomas Schmusch, Jonty Scharenberg , Angus Styles, Corey Wagner, Callan England, Dominic Grant, Brendan Myers, Trent Mynott ,Joel Naylor

Edit: Bolded are my best picks

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just some of the names still available from the full nominations list:

Charlie Thompson , Noah Answerth, Aiden Domic, Ryan Burrows, James Bell, Ethan Floyd, Nathan Krueger , Jordan Butts, Joel Amarty, Bailey Banfield, Matt Hanson, Dom Brew, Riley D'Arcy, Cameron Ellis-Yolman, Brodie Foster, Stefan Giro, Isaac Hewson, Bailey Henderson, David Handley, Changkuoth Jiath, Alex Martini, Geordie Nagle, Cassidy Parrish, Ethan Penrith, Mitchell Podhajski , Jack Powell, Aidan Quigley , Adam Sambono, Haiden Schloithe, Thomas Schmusch, Jonty Scharenberg , Angus Styles, Corey Wagner, Callan England, Dominic Grant, Brendan Myers, Trent Mynott ,Joel Naylor

Edit: Bolded are my best picks

Harrison Jones didn't get picked up. Definitely worth look. I'd like us to also add a mature bodied player.

Pick 78: Harrison Jones 185cm, 81kg (Murray Bushrangers) - This is my speculative pick. Elite endurance runner, good accumulator and contested ball winner who missed the second half of the TAC season due to a back injury. Plays strong and is a good tackler.

iu

#27 Harrison Jones – Started off slow in the first half but was monumental in the third and fourth quarters to orchestrate the second half smashing. Jones showed a combination of toughness and class around stoppages, and appeared to be a real leader for Murray. Kicked a great goal from 40m out too.

https://www.afl*******************/tag/harrison-jones/

HARRISON JONES | MURRAY BUSHRANGERS

MID/FWD | 15-3-99 | 183CM | 79KG
Jones worked very effectively with Boyd at half-forward for the Bushrangers. The ability of these two to win one-on-one contests at half-forward was one of the key differences between the sides. Jones’ pressure was a feature, as he used his speed to work between contests to harass Knights ball-carriers. At times Jones was also able to use his speed to motor away from stoppages and provide an extra number for Murray at the drop of the ball. His kicking is an area which he must improve but overall he put in a very good performance. His two goals was a justified reward for his endeavour in Murray’s front half.

http://www.footyprophet.com/tac-cup-scouting-notes-bushrangers-guns-fire/

Harrison Jones didn't get picked up. Definitely worth look. I'd like us to also add a mature bodied player.

Pick 78: Harrison Jones 185cm, 81kg (Murray Bushrangers) - This is my speculative pick. Elite endurance runner, good accumulator and contested ball winner who missed the second half of the TAC season due to a back injury. Plays strong and is a good tackler.

iu

HARRISON JONES | MURRAY BUSHRANGERS
2017-11-25_08-28-27.png

Get the broken back boys!!

Well after last nights roller coaster ride we have ended up with arguably the best kid in the country and a couple very likeable midfielders - it was clear that we addressed our pace and skill deficiency.

Looking towards Monday nights rookie draft, whose left? What do we need? Who is worth a punt?

For me, names like Cassidy Parish (Geelong Falcons), Charlie Thompson (Oakleigh Chargers) and Matt Hansen (Werribee) are all worth a look.

I'd like to continue to target mids, as well as some project utility types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back