Oppo Camp 2017 Sydney Fantasy/SC/DT questions

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember someone from this board saying most Sydney mids will rotate through the forward line due to the loss of Papley and Mcglynn. I assume parker and Heeney are in this category. Question is: who's more likely to spend time in the forward line, JPK or Hannebury?

I remember someone from this board saying most Sydney mids will rotate through the forward line due to the loss of Papley and Mcglynn. I assume parker and Heeney are in this category. Question is: who's more likely to spend time in the forward line, JPK or Hannebury?

I would guess Kennedy. Used to rotate forward quite a bit compared to Hanners.

Jack is probably another one who will rotate forward though.

I would guess Kennedy. Used to rotate forward quite a bit compared to Hanners.

Jack is probably another one who will rotate forward though.
Cheers for that. Sorry for asking about Heeney again, but by "playing in the forward line" mean (70-30 Mid-fwd) or (50-50 Mid-fwd)?

Cheers for that. Sorry for asking about Heeney again, but by "playing in the forward line" mean (70-30 Mid-fwd) or (50-50 Mid-fwd)?

Early in the season probably a direct split, but in the bigger games you will see Heeney spend more time in the middle. Even though he's young, he's in our top few users of the ball. However the pre season games will tell a story in terms of how the split will be.

Before Papley got injured I would have guessed 70% mid, 30% fwd. Might change with Papley injured but we will see what happens in the JLT.

Has Mills missed a beat this preseason?

Hi guys,

Jake Lloyd. Has improved his average every year and had a great finish to last season.

Can he take the next step? Dreamteamtalk.com said he can sometimes be used in a tagging role, but I'm not sure how legit that is.

Risky at the price probably but it's your call. Think you could get a rookie and then use the left over cash for others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

Jake Lloyd. Has improved his average every year and had a great finish to last season.

Can he take the next step? Dreamteamtalk.com said he can sometimes be used in a tagging role, but I'm not sure how legit that is.

He played wing a lot last year. He moved to HB around the Carlton match in R18. I think he is more likely to stick to the HB role because he has decent skills and smarts and isn't big on contested ball. Don't recall him doing much tagging.

He averaged 79.9 as a mid and 95.2 as a HB last year.

Hi guys,

Hes a nice POD i will probably be gambling on him if hes HB for the season.

Hes a nice POD i will probably be gambling on him if hes HB for the season.

Would be a great POD. Though in setting up my RDT team, I don't know if I can go him above players like JJ, Docherty, Laird, Adams, etc.... I reckon though, he will be there/there abouts in terms of top 6 defenders.

Hi everyone,

Just some questions about some players Ive got on my watchlist (RDT). Seems like a relatively quiet pre-season from Sydney:
Rampe - I haven't seen him enough to know if he can take the next step in a "running off half back role", can he significantly increase his 70 point avg?
Mills - Word from Horse is that he'll play mids, whats your thoughts on his DT potential?
Cunningham - Likely role in 2017?
Marsh - ^^
Newman/O'Riordan - who looks likely to debut first?
Johnson - Loved the way this bloke plays but always injured. hows his pre-season?
Parker - Will be tossing up between Parker/Hanneers, have heard Hanners is ripping up track but nothing on Parker?
Foote - Likely to play rd 1?
Towers - Best 22? likely role?
Rose - ^^
Hewett - ^^
Robinson - ^^

More than happy to provide any info and thoughts for the crows in 2017.
Cheers.

Hi everyone,

Just some questions about some players Ive got on my watchlist (RDT). Seems like a relatively quiet pre-season from Sydney:

Rampe - I haven't seen him enough to know if he can take the next step in a "running off half back role", can he significantly increase his 70 point avg?
He sat out the intra club match. I'm not sure he will increase his average that much.

Mills - Word from Horse is that he'll play mids, whats your thoughts on his DT potential?
Could get a handy increase. Probably not enough to justify selection over others considering his starting price.

Bench warmer

Marsh - ^^
Could see some increased midfield minutes. I'm sceptical how much though.

Newman looks likely to get games early and play a fair amount if he can handle the step up to seniors. O'Riordan I think will get a couple of games but I think he is fighting it out with Leonardis who is probably slightly ahead.

Johnson - Loved the way this bloke plays but always injured. hows his pre-season?
Still recovering from his 5th? knee reco. Will be lucky to play seconds.

Parker - Will be tossing up between Parker/Hanneers, have heard Hanners is ripping up track but nothing on Parker?
Parker is recovering from off season knee? Surgery. Close to full contact training. Hanners is by all reports on fire, do not hesitate to select him. He was my first picked.

Potentially. Guess it depends how the coaches see his role in the team.

More than likely best 22, but far from locked in.

Rose - ^^
Hmmm not sure. Again it probably depends how the coaches see him. Didn't do alot to impress last year.

Hewett - ^^
Pretty much a lock in best 22. Should get an increase in midfield minutes.

Robinson - ^^
Also close to best 22. But we do have a few of his type fighting for the same positions.

Cheers.

Hi everyone,

Marsh - ^^
Rose - ^^
Hewett - ^^
Robinson - ^^

Cheers.
Cadsky answered it pretty well.
Now about the Crows, Curtly Hampton, CEY, and Riley Knight. What's their job security like? And with Ellis Yolmen, will he take that inside midfield time as Scott Thompson steps away?

Cadsky answered it pretty well.
Now about the Crows, Curtly Hampton, CEY, and Riley Knight. What's their job security like? And with Ellis Yolmen, will he take that inside midfield time as Scott Thompson steps away?

Hampton really has a big question mark over his head, is he best 22? Maybe. Maybe not. Being injured all last year (well most of it anyway) will hurt this year as our back line really cemented itself for spots. Word on the street is he could move into a wing/midfield position but IMO I don't think this will happen.

Ellis-Yolmen is kind of in the same category as Hampton. He has showed glimpses of being in our best 22 but just struggles to get in, with young guns like Galluci and Wigg likely to also be fighting for his position, his JS is very shaky. In saying that though, if he was to play Round 1 I would like to think he would be given a lot of midfield minutes (more than the 2 games you saw last year anyway). If he has ripping practice games and gets selected for Round 1 I would like to think he could average between 70-85.

Knight too much of an unknown. From what I've heard he'll be used as a half forward flanker with occasional swings into the midfield (if he is selected that is). In a RDT sense, I don't think he will light the world on fire because he'll be used as that energetic "5min spell in the midfield" player. Again, watch how he goes in the practice games.

Hampton really has a big question mark over his head, is he best 22? Maybe. Maybe not. Being injured all last year (well most of it anyway) will hurt this year as our back line really cemented itself for spots. Word on the street is he could move into a wing/midfield position but IMO I don't think this will happen.

Ellis-Yolmen is kind of in the same category as Hampton. He has showed glimpses of being in our best 22 but just struggles to get in, with young guns like Galluci and Wigg likely to also be fighting for his position, his JS is very shaky. In saying that though, if he was to play Round 1 I would like to think he would be given a lot of midfield minutes (more than the 2 games you saw last year anyway). If he has ripping practice games and gets selected for Round 1 I would like to think he could average between 70-85.

Knight too much of an unknown. From what I've heard he'll be used as a half forward flanker with occasional swings into the midfield (if he is selected that is). In a RDT sense, I don't think he will light the world on fire because he'll be used as that energetic "5min spell in the midfield" player. Again, watch how he goes in the practice games.

Gallucci likely to be best 22 round 1? I liked him as a junior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back