2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final : Adelaide Crows v Richmond Tigers - 14:30 AEST, Sep 30, 2017 MCG

Which team will win the 2017 AFL Grand Final?

• Adelaide Crows

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 112 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this superior fitness myth that has suddenly appeared this week so that commentators can justify Richmond having a chance.

R23+-+Team+Dashboard.png

Crows are the better second half team.
Hope you enjoyed the game you arrogant dickhead

See, when you have no ******* idea about what's unfolding in front of you there's no option but to resort to narratives and conspiracy theories. Accepting that the best side in the competition, who comprehensively beat the sides that finished 1st, 2nd and 4th, in the finals series and never looked like being beaten, are just that is too difficult for those with jaundiced views and weak minds.

So here's a narrative for you and Plugger35 and your little gaggle of "umpire-day thread" commentators... Richmond are premiers. Every game you gave us no chance in we won, and easily. Happy to oblige. So the big question is - are you guys all fapping together in the same latex covered bedroom when you develop your conspiracy theories and post your relentless umpire critiques, or do you skype each other to share in the pleasure?

Bulldogs supporters were in denial about the armchair ride they got from the umpires in last year's GF too but unlike last year I don't think the umpiring decided the result as Richmond outplayed Adelaide after half time and won comfortably, last year the game was still in the balance well into the last quarter.

GF umpiring used to be a much higher standard than the rest of the year but the last 2 years it has been as bad as the umpiring we get in the H&A season.

I don't know why people get so upset with people complaining about the umpiring, if no one complains about it the AFL won't be forced to improve it.

Bulldogs supporters were in denial about the armchair ride they got from the umpires in last year's GF too but unlike last year I don't think the umpiring decided the result as Richmond outplayed Adelaide after half time and won comfortably, last year the game was still in the balance well into the last quarter.

GF umpiring used to be a much higher standard than the rest of the year but the last 2 years it has been as bad as the umpiring we get in the H&A season.

I don't know why people get so upset with people complaining about the umpiring, if no one complains about it the AFL won't be forced to improve it.
Because whinging is boring and it's all you do. One match-relevant observation from the first 20 posts that came up in search. You cheered on a Tex goal. Any chance you might at any point acknowledge the match that's unfolding?

upload_2017-10-1_19-57-56.png
upload_2017-10-1_19-58-4.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the pathetic quality of the wooden spooner if that is the case.

Not really. The talent spread is just not that great in 2017.

The distance between the Hawthorn, Sydneys & Geelongs of recent years, in comparisonto the bottom sides, was much greater. The gap has definitely narrowed and this can be seen by a side finishing 13th last year winning the flag this year.

Because whinging is boring and it's all you do. One match-relevant observation from the first 20 posts that came up in search. You cheered on a Tex goal. Any chance you might at any point acknowledge the match that's unfolding?

View attachment 423134
View attachment 423135

Maybe if the umpiring was less noticeable like it used to be in Grand Finals I wouldn't comment on it as much but it's hard to ignore it.

It wasn't like the match itself was anything to write home about, very few memorable moments although I doubt Richmond supporters would care.

Maybe if the umpiring was less noticeable like it used to be in Grand Finals I wouldn't comment on it as much but it's hard to ignore it.

It was putrid when the game was in the balance.

Anyone who thinks other wise has their eyes painted on.

Very similar to last week v GWS, then again the AFL did appoint 2 of those umpires for yesterdays game, so why should things be different?

If I watch any game in future with Stevic & Meredith umpiring, then I know they will impact the result with shithouse calls.

It wasn't like the match itself was anything to write home about, very few memorable moments although I doubt Richmond supporters would care.
There was plenty of good Footy played if you were prepared to see it.

Forget about Martin, I'm struggling to come to terms with this:

Toby Nankervis - Premiership player
Kane Lambert - Premiership player
Jack Graham - Premiership player
Shane Edwards - Premiership player
Jacob Townsend - Premiership player
Dan Butler - Premiership player
Nathan Castagna - Premiership player
Nathan Broad - Premiership player
Kamdyn McIntosh - Premiership player
Dylan Grimes - Premiership player

If you want proof that football is in an all time rut, there it is.

Any team can win next years premiership.

Every single one of these players would get a game for your club. Grimes would be your best defender by the length of Ben Brown's run up.

Very true. See what happens next year? Hopefully we get Gibbs and make a couple more improvements. The Gov will come back in, smith will hopefully be back late next year too.
Personally I hope they Crows do not make it to the GF next year as I doubt they have the mental side to win one and the way the capitulated and we're weak and feeble means another boring game to watch

thats why i prefer to be the team to win a close prelim and its good lead up to the GF, your switched on

if you have easy finals games, it could be a bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back