2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just the general feel I'm getting from other posters, I'm not saying the club is but pick 19 for a player like Rockliff? Should be aiming for a pick in the top 10, anything other the club shouldn't even remotely consider trade wise, but it is Rocky's decision being a free agent and all.
General feeling I've got is that vast majority of posters would match if the compo was pick 19, and most would take the pick if it was pick 2.

I'm as surprised as anyone in the interest in Rockliff. When he used to get 40 every game, 90% were in the back half, racking up cheap stats. In the middle, his opponent always dominates. Coaches put faster players on him and we get destroyed. When the ball clears the area his pressure is almost non-existent. I actually think we look stronger in the middle with him not there. If the game is congested Rocky is fine as he is a great tackler, but against fast teams he is ordinary. I wouldn't be paying him anything over 600k.

That being said, if Rocky only nets us pick 19 we would probably match.
I agree that Rocky isn't the fastest bloke out there mate, but think the bolded is a bit harsh. Has shown that he is AA at his best and haven't seen him 'dominated' or 'destroyed' too often. My main concern in regards to Rocky would be his body holding up. Would take pick 2 in an absolute heartbeat (unlikely), but would prefer to keep him over pick 18/19.

Rocky is worth a top 10 pick and 19 is unders, no question. If the free market dosent get us band 1 pick 2, we match the offer and trade for that top 10 pick. Fair result all round. We should also press our claims for a priority pick, 19, our results still fit the criteria. To average less than 4.5 wins over 3yrs is the requirement i think, bad enough for long enough, as leigh mathews said. (I think he said it at the end of last season, but still relevant now). Certainly all possible in theory.

If the talk of Schache is true and the Lions have had informal talks with the Tigers about a trade then I would want us to turn pick 15 into Kennedy from the Giants if Schache did request a trade. We can only have so many draft picks in a reported weak draft. Throw the bank at Kennedy I think.

I just cant see how the club accepts a late first round for schache.
If he is to go, and I personally hope he doesn't, you wont get much better for him as he currently has potential bust (rightly or wrongly) written all over him.

If the talk of Schache is true and the Lions have had informal talks with the Tigers about a trade then I would want us to turn pick 15 into Kennedy from the Giants if Schache did request a trade. We can only have so many draft picks in a reported weak draft. Throw the bank at Kennedy I think.

Seems like Kennedy is bound to join the Carlton Giants. Just a shame we aren't based in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 16ish + Miles may be our best case scenario. 16 for Kennedy works alright. Essentially Miles and Kennedy for Schache.

I really don't want Miles Kennedy for Schache. Can he even play football?

Id even
Pick 16ish + Miles may be our best case scenario. 16 for Kennedy works alright. Essentially Miles and Kennedy for Schache.
Id even throw pick 41 in with schache to make that happen. Pick up cameron as well, add our no1 draft pick, no 12 pick, ballenden and rookie list payne and id call it a very successful way to end the year.

Pick 16 and a fringe wont cut it. Surely not. Just. Just. Just surely not.

Miles would be a handy addition to our midfield, but it would be nice to get more than 16 and him.

I'd prefer to keep Schache, but if the club are sounding out Richmond, we may have a particular deal in mind with them.

What are people smoking? HE IS CONTRACTED!!!

Pick 15 and a fringe player for a contracted pick 2 KPF two years into his career (one of which was very impressive)????

Madness by some here.

I'm way too lazy to do it. But if anyone wants to analyze the stats of the first two years of all the star KPF's of today, and compare it to Josh's my gut says his stats will compare well. So much of this rubbish is tabloid journalism driven. I.e. did anyone hear earlier today that Ken Hinkley was heading to GC?

It's clear enough , club has to show some strength , and I am sure Noble will

First Rocky we will match any offer that doesn't bring us round one compo , not worth loosing a clubman for Bugger all. He is worth more to us

Schacke - kid is under contract end of story ! However should you be interested come at us with a top 10 pick and if he wants to leave ( some how doubt it ) we will consider it

memo Victorian clubs we are no longer going to be bent over , either pay up or shut up !

I'm way too lazy to do it. But if anyone wants to analyze the stats of the first two years of all the star KPF's of today, and compare it to Josh's my gut says his stats will compare well. So much of this rubbish is tabloid journalism driven. I.e. did anyone hear earlier today that Ken Hinkley was heading to GC?

His stats are also similar to some key forwards who ended up being duds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back