2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So much of this rubbish is tabloid journalism driven. I.e. did anyone hear earlier today that Ken Hinkley was heading to GC?

Was virtually out the door and on his way according to some.

Won't sick around at Port for one year if he can get 5 at CG!! Would Hinkles arriving at the Suns help them keep Ablett?? They already want him because he was popular with the players when he was an Assistant there!!!!!, Done deal!!.....blah .....blah

Nek minnut.

If he is to go, and I personally hope he doesn't, you wont get much better for him as he currently has potential bust (rightly or wrongly) written all over him.
schache + pick 18 to tigers for tiger's two first round pics ( most likely picks 15 & 16)

What are people smoking? HE IS CONTRACTED!!!

Pick 15 and a fringe player for a contracted pick 2 KPF two years into his career (one of which was very impressive)????

Madness by some here.

Yeah surprised to see so many supporters happy to accept a late first round pick tbh.

Yes Schache hasn't looked great in his first 2 years but neither do most key forwards...including Tom Boyd who netted the Giants pick 6 and Griffen (who was a gun mid at the time).

Yeah surprised to see so many supporters happy to accept a late first round pick tbh.

Yes Schache hasn't looked great in his first 2 years but neither do most key forwards...including Tom Boyd who netted the Giants pick 6 and Griffen (who was a gun mid at the time).

Did you see any games last year? 2nd year blues, pardon the pun.

You can't sit on the fence in the AFL contemplating whether you want it or not. You either give 100% or you don't make it. I just can't see the commitment required from Schache.
Not being a smartarse but genuinely curious why you think he doesn't have the commitment needed to make it? I'm on the fence but think he could be a young guy struggling with a lot of homesickness which he could move past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people smoking? HE IS CONTRACTED!!!

Pick 15 and a fringe player for a contracted pick 2 KPF two years into his career (one of which was very impressive)????

Madness by some here.
Miles can't get a game ahead of guys like Graham (who's played 3 afl games) in a finals side. Richmond surely won't get anything more than a 4th rounder or a slight pick upgrade if he leaves.

You can't sit on the fence in the AFL contemplating whether you want it or not. You either give 100% or you don't make it. I just can't see the commitment required from Schache.

From what I've heard it's his own high standards and expectations for himself doing his head in. He hasn't learnt how to wind down and decompress and all he's doing is trying harder and harder and putting himself under more stress. It's definitely not too late for him.

And boyd was uncontracted

Ughhh even when pretty much everyone is contracted, we still can't have a relatively calm trade period. Who's house is that case of schnapps at? Did you include it in your wedding grog order ZoBlitz ?

With the Saints having two late top 10 picks, and if it was unlikely Rocky would net band 1 compo (and the club wouldn't match a lower offer), anything better than 19 would be a win for the club. Rocky for straight swap for St Kilda's second top 10 pick (#9). They can still go to the draft with their best top 10 pick (#8) and would probably feel they "won" that trade by adding an AA to their squad to go full tilt for finals next season.
If Schache is already gone (hope not) and no changing that, and if Richmond is the only real suitor, I doubt they'd part with both. Miles + 15 + their 2ND rounder (we're over a barrel but if if the rumors are true and Schache is goneski and that's the best we can do...).
Then on the phone to Freo for their #5....they need warm bodies, perhaps #12 & #15 could do it. Or #12, #18 + Paparone. Three top ten picks (#1, #5, #9) at the end of it all, still retaining either #15 or #18 (slider/Cameron?), #32 (to cover drafting Connor).

With the Saints having two late top 10 picks, and if it was unlikely Rocky would net band 1 compo (and the club wouldn't match a lower offer), anything better than 19 would be a win for the club. Rocky for straight swap for St Kilda's second top 10 pick (#9). They can still go to the draft with their best top 10 pick (#8) and would probably feel they "won" that trade by adding an AA to their squad to go full tilt for finals next season.
If Schache is already gone (hope not) and no changing that, and if Richmond is the only real suitor, I doubt they'd part with both. Miles + 15 + their 2ND rounder (we're over a barrel but if if the rumors are true and Schache is goneski and that's the best we can do...).
Then on the phone to Freo for their #5....they need warm bodies, perhaps #12 & #15 could do it. Or #12, #18 + Paparone. Three top ten picks (#1, #5, #9) at the end of it all, still retaining either #15 or #18 (slider/Cameron?), #32 (to cover drafting Connor).

I really struggle to understand this line of thinking that we're on the backfoot if Schache eventually decided he wants to leave. The guy is contracted for another two years, not uncontracted or even 1 year. If someone wants him then they are really going to need to persuade us to part with him, and that costs. My absolute minimum would be their first pick this year and next with someone like Miles in there as an extra if we wanted someone like that. They're both going to be lowish first round picks, so that would be my absolute floor personally. I think spreading the picks to next year is a win for us given there are some obvious targets for delisting coming off contract next year and adding too many young guys each year can place a strain on football dept resources.

I really struggle to understand this line of thinking that we're on the backfoot if Schache eventually decided he wants to leave. The guy is contracted for another two years, not uncontracted or even 1 year. If someone wants him then they are really going to need to persuade us to part with him, and that costs. My absolute minimum would be their first pick this year and next with someone like Miles in there as an extra if we wanted someone like that. They're both going to be lowish first round picks, so that would be my absolute floor personally. I think spreading the picks to next year is a win for us given there are some obvious targets for delisting coming off contract next year and adding too many young guys each year can place a strain on football dept resources.
I think we take Richmonds first this year and next year. Picks 15 and 10 will do nicely.

But seriously something is going on, let's sit back and see how it plays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back