2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk on SEN last night was that Weller has been offered a massive contract by Gold Coast- something like 5 mill over 4 years.
We can’t compete with that.

Tough to know. Weller has looked like he could be an A-grade player. That'd be within his next contract if he's signing for 5 years. I'd say it's high, but if you want to lure someone across a country. Particularly someone shown a lot of promise, and with plenty of years left...
Yeah I suppose if I was GC, I wouldn't mind paying overs for a potential A grader from QLD who actually wants to come to the club. Would be a great signing for them. Have checked out a few of his highlights from the last couple of years and looks like he can play.

My missus just did a Google image search of him and reckons we should offer him 2 mil a year (don't think this is based on his footy ability though). Thinks the female membership base will double by the end of next week lol
He actually does model over here in perth! Looks and ability. ..... Lucky git!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk on SEN last night was that Weller has been offered a massive contract by Gold Coast- something like 5 mill over 4 years.
We can’t compete with that.
That has to be a joke right?? That would make him top 2-3 paid players in the comp.

Sorry, if Watts is worth pick 39 and Melbourne paying part of his salary then Adelaide can take a running jump on anything earlier than a second round pick for Cameron. That's an obscene deal. Port are absolutely killing it this trade period.

Great work by Port, you can see why they were so keen to get picks for last years draft which was stronger and offload their first rounder this year. They knew the draft was weak and targeted free agents this year.

Lots of information from Noble on Trade Radio.
  • Rockliff - we're not happy with the compensation. Talking to AFL about this, there should be a mid-round
  • Academy - need to continue growing, looking at getting some equivalent of the ambassador payments to Lynch into it

Rocky: I think everyone agrees that his compo was/is reasonable, though we were probably borderline to band-1 compo (although it would be interesting to see the compo that an equivolent Vic. player would get). The Motlop decision is what has unsettled everything... how compo for Motlop can be equal to the compo for Rocky confuses everyone (including Geelong), and stinks of AFL "secret herbs and spices" meddling to get Geelong the trade currency they need to get Ablett home.

Academy: hopefully you mis-heard the bit in regards to ambassador payments. What I imagine was said "looking to get some equivalent of ambassador payments to get (Tom) Lynch in".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back