List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, does anyone really expect Melbourne to give up Hogan. They have said on many occasions that they see him as a future star to build their entire list around. Let's face it - it just ain't gonna happen.
I don't think anyone is being serious. We're all just waiting for the GF to be over.

would take that ....puts him at pick 11 - points wise

Weller is all upside with good skills, WOTF would you want to trade him for! We actually need skilful players, and last I heard he is happy in Freo and wants to stay.... don't play these mind games on players that are the future of Freo and want to be part of the future....!

Hogan is not coming. It's all just BS rumour mill. We can have a crack at him when he enters Free Agency. Wilson would be great but we may have to wait until 2018 trade period as he is OOC.

Why would we trade Weller for a pick 8-12 in the draft. Just madness. He is making excellent progress and is exactly the sort of player we need. I'm most keen on drafting a top 5 midfielder in the draft.

If we can somehow get our hands on some 2nd and 3rd round picks through the likes of Balic/ Sheridan as pick upgrades or Suban as FA compo that would be a win.

No one will trade for Spring Lamb he would be picked up as DFA or rookie list pick-up. More likely the latter.

Last edited:
Hogan is not coming. It's all just BS rumour mill. We can have a crack at him when he enters Free Agency. Wilson would be great but we may have to wait until 2018 trade period an. He is OOC.

Why would we trade Weller for a pick 8-12 in the draft. Just madness. He is making excellent progress and is exactly the sort of player we need. I'm most keen on drafting a top 5 midfielder in the draft.

If we can somehow get our hands on some 2nd and 3rd round picks through the likes of Balic/ Sheridan as pick upgrades or Suban as FA compo that would be a win.

No one will trade for Spring Lamb he would be picked up as DFA or rookie list pick-up. More likely the latter.
Agreed, though I reckon some Vic club will pick up Lamb through a trade for cheap.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weller is all upside with good skills, WOTF would you want to trade him for! We actually need skilful players, and last I heard he is happy in Freo and wants to stay.... don't play these mind games on players that are the future of Freo and want to be part of the future....!
hope you had read the posts leading up to mine...was merely responding to a question in context...of course we would want to keep Weller...surely our posts on bigfooty dont decide or influence the Fremantle recruiting....throwing around scenerios if's and maybe's and prophesying pretty much sums up what happens on here...oh and the usual misunderstandings and insults sometimes thrown in. so I ask ...if we did have picks 7 & 8 would we pick Brander and Naugton. Of course we won't have those picks then will we?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm worried that Rockliff will end up netting Brissy a Band 1 compo pick (i.e Pick 2) and push our top pick to 6. What sort of contract would a club need to offer Rockliff for Band 1?

I could see Saints, North, Hawks, West Coast, all offering stupid money to get him.

Isn't he contracted still?

I.e. would need a trade and no comp pick?

Edit: Just checked, looks like i am wrong.
That is of concern for sure.

guys, does anyone really expect Melbourne to give up Hogan. They have said on many occasions that they see him as a future star to build their entire list around. Let's face it - it just ain't gonna happen.
No.
Yeah, that's a problem. Tabs as a backup ruck is pretty ordinary.
Got to be at least as good as Grigg from Richmond.
I'm worried that Rockliff will end up netting Brissy a Band 1 compo pick (i.e Pick 2) and push our top pick to 6. What sort of contract would a club need to offer Rockliff for Band 1?

I could see Saints, North, Hawks, West Coast, all offering stupid money to get him.
I have similar fears. I think I read somewhere that it has to be top 15 paid players in the league. The rule was changed or something after Frawley. If so then I wouldn't be worried.

Tayl0r usually the goods with this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back