List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think he plays like McCarthy or Kersten tbh. Cams strengths are his freakishness around goals and genuine cleanness around the contest and around the ground, Kerstens is extremely quick for his size and is more your get up the ground forward who marks on the lead. McGovern is a pack crashing marking forward. He's got better hands than the other two but I reckon they've both got him once the ball hits the ground.
It isn't out of the question that Kersten may end up the best of those three.

This will sound stupid but... can ballas play as a small defender? :D too old to learn new tricks, I suppose.

Can you imagine what his man could get away with before the umpire pays a free against right in front to "get on top of the Ballantyne stuff"?

Nyhuis deserves an upgrade and a shot in the seniors later on in the season. Big, strong, quick , good skills and disposal and could play on mediums and smalls.
I would have him in front of Ryan at the minut.
Nyhuis is more of a lock down type , Ryan is more of rebounding type with different range of kicking of the footy.

Bought *ing time we had some success with our recruits - all 4 look like they're gonna play a big part in our future

I agree our foward line in starting to work well, however, I still believe we need to target Mitch McGovern if he wants to come home.. blokes a 1 eyed freo supporter and is a contested marking beast.. I fear if we don't, and WCE nab him, we'll be saying the exact thing we are saying about Yeo right now, a few years down the track. I honestly rkn we could play him alongside tabs mac and Kersten anyway.. all are super athletic

Disagree on that, Nyhuis has good pace and a good kick. Can play either. PS That big mark he took shows the tricks he has.:D

What he means is that Nyhuis is not a big possession winner (ATM) and doesn't offer a lot of rebound or intercept marking at WAFL level. He potentially has some of the attributes though. Would be great if he could improve that part of his game.

Where is our current team's greatest weakness? Line breaking pace from the back line, a brilliant small forward, more midfield depth ??

Which players should we sign to become a top 4 side? I believe 2019 to 2021 will be the year we can challenge, but we need to add 2 or 3 quality players who can hit the ground running.

What he means is that Nyhuis is not a big possession winner (ATM) and doesn't offer a lot of rebound or intercept marking at WAFL level. He potentially has some of the attributes though. Would be great if he could improve that part of his game.

I know what he means but I think he offers more than Ryan. Ryan is essentially a skinny HBF rebounder. Nyhuis has the strong build, is taller ,has the pace to play both roles and move onto a big if needed. Ibbo with more grunt. There is room for both of them though.;)

I know what he means but I think he offers more than Ryan. Ryan is essentially a skinny HBF rebounder. Nyhuis has the strong build, is taller ,has the pace to play both roles and move onto a big if needed. Ibbo with more grunt. There is room for both of them though.;)

He's still more a lock down defender though. I suppose he could play a bit different at AFL level. Hughes has made the transition well.

I agree, I think we need to give both a shot. Who would you have come out of the current B22 for Nyhuis and Ryan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I like my buddy to be upgrade , I think freo currently really need rebounder like Luke Ryan . Who can kick 60m straight to forward rather than going to midfield. Really need to improve percentage

I agree, I think we need to give both a shot. Who would you have come out of the current B22 for Nyhuis and Ryan?

One at a time to play. Ibbo would be the head on the chopping block even though he has been ok although the way Martin got rid of him late in the last giving Martin the opportunity for that lace out pass and that shot on goal was a shocker by Ibbo. The miss saved him from a lynching on here I think.:)

One at a time to play. Ibbo would be the head on the chopping block even though he has been ok although the way Martin got rid of him late in the last giving Martin the opportunity for that lace out pass and that shot on goal was a shocker by Ibbo. The miss saved him from a lynching on here I think.:)
Ibbo definitely on chopping block , Ethan upgrade from interchange to play ibbo role .

He was not alone at not sticking tackles on martin. Don't think I saw anyone stick one on him

Hey Guys,
Since Stone said that Balic's injury is of a 'personal' nature I have noticed a few pics of him on instagram in Melbourne with his Dad this week. Do you think he is struggling with a bit of home sickness? Really would be a shame if that is the case as I think he is going to be a gun. Reminds me of Lachie Neale in many ways..
If he does want to return home at years end, any ideas of a fair trade?

Fyfe did a pretty good job.
Sorry - should have said that I was limiting my response to regular humans.
In all seriousness though, Martin shrugs or palms off or arches his back so successfully that he is hard to catch. Ibbo's effort was poor but that whole passage of play was ordinary. I was at the game so I struggled to pick out the other player that was in a two on one against Martin. His support for Ibbo was ordinary at best. should have supplied a shephard I thought.

Hey Guys,
Since Stone said that Balic's injury is of a 'personal' nature I have noticed a few pics of him on instagram in Melbourne with his Dad this week. Do you think he is struggling with a bit of home sickness? Really would be a shame if that is the case as I think he is going to be a gun. Reminds me of Lachie Neale in many ways..
Must admit, this does worry me slightly....

Hey Guys,
If he really homesick a second rd pick plus a player eg second choice ruckmen will be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back