List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And Kersten was what, a pick in the 80's and already won one game for us. He cost a junk pick and was never going to be a superstar AA FF. I think people need to reappraise what their expectations of him are.

Also, 300k is chump change. It would be below average salary these days.

Pretty much this. I'm not sure why everyone's expecting a 191cm third tall to command our forwardline, especially given he was inconsistent (at best) at Geelong and got much better delivery there. For mine aside from the last few weeks his output has been fine.

He was a low risk venture who might potentially pay off if we add a proper KPF to the mix.

Cox will move down back. As a forward at least we are getting games into him! Didn't we play A Pearce forward to give him an understanding of the forward line before swinging him back? Pearce Hamling and Cox could be pretty formidable in years to come

Pick 64 , so what you are saying that win a match for freo then he can just relax and to nothing the next 4 or 5 matches .below average salary give you below average performance.
Yeah, that's absolutely what I'm saying. Actually, not at all really.

If you're going to lynch mob players for not performing to expectation, maybe go after the high draft picks/experienced leaders/guys on good money first?

Spurr costs us 3-4 goals a game, every single game, just with turnovers alone, but Kersten is the antichrist because he's not dominating someone like Harry Taylor while being at the mercy of our ball movement and delivery. Makes sense.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're going to lynch mob players for not performing to expectation, maybe go after the high draft picks/experienced leaders/guys on good money first?

Spurr costs us 3-4 goals a game, every single game, just with turnovers alone, but Kersten is the antichrist because he's not dominating someone like Harry Taylor while being at the mercy of our ball movement and delivery. Makes sense.....
Then drop spurr and Kersten and see what the dynamic look like . Both not yet been drop .

Mitch McGovern the big fish for us this year in my opinion, good player to put the pressure on Kersten/McCarthy when they under-perform, fits our need for more forward-line firepower.

He was good against Essendon, Richmond and the Bulldogs.

Let me ask you this question..who's had the better season Kersten or Crozier? Crozier has to lift too

Ugggh love Crozier's obvious superior skills to many of our players but he never seems to put in the consistent performances. Such a frustrating player, hope he gets a role in the backline before being ditched to WAFL again.

So why the never ending Taberner vendetta?

Lee Spurr averages 2.2 turnovers a game. That positions him in the bottom third at the club (of the regular players). His turnovers are more noticeable because of the position he plays. Nat Fyfe leads the club with an average of 5.0 turnovers per game.

Walters - KPF - Bennell
McCarthy - KPF/Ruck - Sml Fwd

McGovern isn't a ruck forward or a small forward. McCarthy is already taking up the 3rd tall spot so we don't need another 3rd tall.

So the question is can McGovern take the main KPF spot? Is he capable? If we think he can let's get him. It'll be good to see how McGovern goes over the next 2-3 months. But we still need to draft a KPF this year.

I'm happy to back in one of Tabs/Ape/Strnadica to take the ruck/fwd role for now. For the small forward role Shai Bolton would be a great pickup, but he seems pretty happy at Richmond.

Shai Bolton just re-signed if i'm remembering correctly.

McGovern would be the only one for me. If he requests a trade then get it done, has so much football talent. Last year he played HHF for the Crows anyway and was still effective. Much better value than drafting a 200cm 100kg beast who can't actually football that well.

The rest I think we'd be better off focusing on just drafting and developing well rather than paying steep prices for contracted players. The only caveat to that is if they specifically request a trade and bring down the asking price along with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back