2018/19 Melbourne Victory Thread - The Four Time Honda Driven Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think will be captain? Troisi probably the most likely but maybe Thomas?

Also, we've gone from no players to reinvigorating the squad quite a lot which is exciting.

Would love Thomas but i reckon it'll be Troisi.

Baena should play lots of league games with Valeri predominantly in ACL since we won't have room to carry Baena. This was the plan with Sanchez last season imo but Sanchez never worked out.

This would have to be, on paper anyway, our best window ever. To think we will have 2 players who played in this year's world cup (exc Australia) in our 11. That would would have to be a first for the A-League. Looking forward to seeing who else we get.

Just on the kits we've had in the past, I am surprised to see no love for the flourescent yellow (sarcasim).

Granada confirmed the move with a very brief statement on their website: "The Granada Football Club and Melbourne Victory have reached an agreement for the assignment for a season of midfielder Raul Baena to the Australian team."

What does this exactly mean? Loan, loan to buy?

Granada confirmed the move with a very brief statement on their website: "The Granada Football Club and Melbourne Victory have reached an agreement for the assignment for a season of midfielder Raul Baena to the Australian team."

What does this exactly mean? Loan, loan to buy?

It's a loan deal.

It's a loan deal.
That's cool, he's contracted with Granada until 30/6/2020 so assume it's just a one year deal but is a long way to come for a loan. Won't be surprised if it turns into something permanent in the future, after all he arrived at Granada on a free so they wont have to recoup a transfer fee if he's not required. Am sure we're picking up at least half the wage so still a good deal for us.

Should be a great year for a-league. Newcastle kept most of their squad, Sydney is always a threat and City looks good on paper. If City can sign a good import CB they'll be really good.
Obviously guys like Honda, Toivonen, and Baena etc. have been a class above (or several) the A-league previously, it will be interesting to see how that translates to form here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our membership numbers are little disappointing to be honest. We only cracked 20k the other. I think 30k is out of reach but surely we break our record (27-something K).

Our membership numbers are little disappointing to be honest. We only cracked 20k the other. I think 30k is out of reach but surely we break our record (27-something K).

I wouldn't be too worried about it yet. I suspect there are plenty of people who, like me, have barely thought of the upcoming A-League season yet, and will worry about memberships after the AFL season. Especially if you're only looking at GA memberships, there's no real incentive to do it early.

I wouldn't be too worried about it yet. I suspect there are plenty of people who, like me, have barely thought of the upcoming A-League season yet, and will worry about memberships after the AFL season. Especially if you're only looking at GA memberships, there's no real incentive to do it early.

I need a better team lol my season ended weeks ago.

We'll be better next year with Gaff :).

No wonder it's stale. We've played Brisbane and WSW in pre season friendlies. Surely a NPL team from the clubs not competing in finals would provide a decent hit out, even have an "all star" Vic NPL team that can play them (obviously NPL finals take priority) and City.

People are sick of Docklands Stadium. Supporters get nothing out of going there. Not to mention ******* Geelong which isn't an optional extra ("GA included" as if the club's doing you a favour). 6 home games on ovals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back