Review 2018 1st Preliminary Final: Williamstown Seagulls v Box Hill Hawks, 16 September 2018, 2.10pm @ NPO

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez bad kicking almost cost us that one. Moore, Hanrahan, Ross, Lewis all had very gettable shots. Would have been a massive injustice if we lost that after being the superior side against both Williamstown and the umpires.

This game convinced me that Dylan Moore will be a star. Fantastic work rate and endurance that allows him to be continually involved in the play. Jiath also had a lot of dash that makes me excited.

O'Brien and Brand very good.

If there is such thing as a stupid win; that would be it. Was it 5 behinds within 30m in the last 10 minutes?

On the other hand, these young guys really stand up when the heat is on. Massive kudos

Damn that was such a great quarter. s**t kicking but we have some prospects I can't wait to see in the ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah usually VFL umps are quite good. This was just bias
Slower games are easier to umpire, this game was worse than any AFL umpired game I've seen this year.

Hope Jiath comes along nicely, absolutely fearless! Need a few more like him at half back.

The toughness of that final quarter was immense. Not a single player stood by and spectated, shoulders flying everywhere, everyone going for the big grab. Desperate footy, bloody fantastic to watch. VFL commentators good as always - if only the umpires weren’t absolute deadshits it would have been a perfect quarter of finals footy.

just looked up the VFL GF ticket prices out of curiosity:
Adults $23, concession/pensioners $16 and kids under 15 free.

Not too shabby for 3 games of footy.

Edit: My bad - I thought the TAC Cup GF was on as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back