MFC Fans Only 2018/2019 Summer Sports Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a bit rich listening to how amazing this is for Indian cricket at India when we suspended 3 of our top 6 batsmen and our 2 best for the series.

Then the Fox commentators pumping up the Indian keeper for sledging behind the stumps and calling him a cult hero yet all Australians who do that are dick heads.

Kohli was acting exactly the same as Warner all test but people like his competitiveness.

Cricket Australia is going to regret the severity of the punishments they handed out when we lost this series 4-0

Also LOL at Brendan Julian.

Shawn Marsh proving his critics wrong here with a 50, his first ever in a 4th innings in test cricket.

Not exactly a stat to be proud of

As not overly great as Marsh is, he's a better bat than a few others in that top 6. His spot has been up for grabs to anyone who can string together a decent run of form at State level, and yet Marsh is still one of the best candidates currently available.

I'm most disappointed in Khawaja - he's in theory one of the senior bats now, and that second innings dismissal was boobery incarnate. Would be an embarrassing dismissal for a T20 swingathon, let alone a test match. Damian Martyn was dropped for 5 years for a wafty cover drive - Khawaja would have been retired on the spot for that effort.

As not overly great as Marsh is, he's a better bat than a few others in that top 6. His spot has been up for grabs to anyone who can string together a decent run of form at State level, and yet Marsh is still one of the best candidates currently available.

I'm most disappointed in Khawaja - he's in theory one of the senior bats now, and that second innings dismissal was boobery incarnate. Would be an embarrassing dismissal for a T20 swingathon, let alone a test match. Damian Martyn was dropped for 5 years for a wafty cover drive - Khawaja would have been retired on the spot for that effort.

That's the issue, Marsh is in our top 6. But he averaged 35 for almost all of his career. That's a guy who is hugely inconsistent. Not sure why people don't understand that's what you are gonna get from him.

Poor Marto, he would be a superstar in this era.

If only Stevie G could come out of retirement and flub another backpass to give away the title race...
ouch.

I was at that game.

I went to 2 games when i was in Europe. The 3-2 win v Man City on the Hillsborough 25 year anniversary. Then 2 weeks later v Chelsea when Gerrard slipped. Still hurts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i really hope Usman hits a ton and headlines can run with 'Khawaja terrorises indian bowlers'. kinda understand if he wasnt at his best mentally but shouldnt of played him if that was the case. was over the moon when i heard Paine broke a finger and might miss then to hear hes 100% ready spewing was hoping Inglis would get a go.

i really hope Usman hits a ton and headlines can run with 'Khawaja terrorises indian bowlers'. kinda understand if he wasnt at his best mentally but shouldnt of played him if that was the case. was over the moon when i heard Paine broke a finger and might miss then to hear hes 100% ready spewing was hoping Inglis would get a go.

I'd say Carey would be next in line, he hit a 100 last shield game so that makes him in the most inform batsmen at state level these days.

Shield is like VFL for cricketers. Some dominate, but can't make the jump to the senior Australian side

Not any more it isn't.

Shield is like the NEAFL, occasionally a decent player appears but for the most part the standard sucks.

I'd say Carey would be next in line, he hit a 100 last shield game so that makes him in the most inform batsmen at state level these days.
yeah i wasnt meaning inglis is next in line just plays for WA. i havent seen any of the shield games this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris can score a decent clip, he is a big boundary hitter so even with a slow start he catches up quick.

Travis Head has an impressive ability to play some horrendous shots yet not get out. Scoops balls in the air just short of fields, flashes wide of the gully, plays and misses more than any top 6 Test bat should and rarely hits one out of the middle, yet he's cobbling along reasonably well according to the scoreboard.

Edit: Timed that well. Could have been out 10 times by now.

Watched the first session and then saw the highlights of the 2nd and 3rd.
That wicket looked liked a 4th day wicket with Grass still on it. There was a cherry that squared up pain with the new ball that was as unplayable as you would ever get. Angled towards leg and seamed about a stump width past off at about 144 from Bumrah

The ICC and CA will make sure nothing so entertaining ever happens in WA again.

Everyone's gonna be excited for Starc but this has a Hazlewood 5fa all over it.

Hazlewood will bowl some unplayable peaches, but whether the Indian bats get any wood on it is another thing entirely. He's our best bowler, but I think Cummins will be in with a red hot shout as well. He hits the deck harder and will get plenty out of the surface. Just as likely to take a bag.

Hazlewood will bowl some unplayable peaches, but whether the Indian bats get any wood on it is another thing entirely. He's our best bowler, but I think Cummins will be in with a red hot shout as well. He hits the deck harder and will get plenty out of the surface. Just as likely to take a bag.

Agreed. Only reason I went with Haze is because he gets first look with the new nut. I'd open with Cummins and haze but Starc will get it.

Starc will bowl some highlight filling deliverys and probably wrap the pads a bunch of times but he is very hot an cold.

I'd love to know how many wickets he actually takes in his first spell

Agreed. Only reason I went with Haze is because he gets first look with the new nut. I'd open with Cummins and haze but Starc will get it.

Starc will bowl some highlight filling deliverys and probably wrap the pads a bunch of times but he is very hot an cold.

I'd love to know how many wickets he actually takes in his first spell
Think Lyon will be amongst it as well . Think Khawaja is out of form and Hanscombe? Won’t last long in test cricket if he persists with that cut shot when the ball cramps him up . The 2 openers have probably cemented their spots with that opening stand , for this series anyway .

Think Lyon will be amongst it as well . Think Khawaja is out of form and Hanscombe? Won’t last long in test cricket if he persists with that cut shot when the ball cramps him up . The 2 openers have probably cemented their spots with that opening stand , for this series anyway .

Khawaja may have a bit on his plate from what I read

Agreed. Handscomb looks like he is stuck playing short form cricket, he needs to stop trying to score backward of point and concentrate on playing in the V

id be surprised if Head, Handscomb and Finch will succeed long term at test level. all have questionable techniques. Finch and Head have rode their luck so far, but it will surely run out at some stage. if they manage to last all summer in the side, then they will all get severely exposed in England next year imo.

Quite laughable the talk around the Perth test taking over Boxing Day, they have about 500 people at the ground today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back