MFC Fans Only 2018/2019 Summer Sports Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Who the **** was suggesting that?

The same ones blaming the umpires for their round 20 loss to us despite them winning the free kick count :p

There has been no official approach to CA but just some articles (SEN, HS) pop up on Facebook. Funny though as there was some talk of how the AFL grand final should be played at different venues Optus stadium included

The Perth test should never, ever be during the holiday period. 1 pm start is great - come home from work and can watch a bit of cricket with dinner.

I do think the MCG should lose the Boxing Day Test though. The explosion would be enormous.

The Perth test should never, ever be during the holiday period. 1 pm start is great - come home from work and can watch a bit of cricket with dinner.

I do think the MCG should lose the Boxing Day Test though. The explosion would be enormous.
I wouldn't read into it, Perth elitists always reckon they can pinch something when they haven't got a hope in hell

I wouldn't read into it, Perth elitists always reckon they can pinch something when they haven't got a hope in hell

Yes, wasn't under the impression it was remotely a chance of happening.

believe me, no one in WA thought it was a chance of happening either, except perhaps the idiots who sell the newspapers.
I think the story was more about the stadium looking at getting a fixed date for the Perth test in the future and the stadium manager said if the New Years or Boxing day test dates were to become available, due to their contracts running out soon, then they would put their hand up for it.
the whole story was laughable and smells of CA just trying and better their hand at the negotiation table with the MCG and the SCG IMO.

What's up with Cummins pace? This mid 130s s**t can piss off

Yep, been disappointing. Bowled a lot of decent deliveries (as everyone has on this pitch) but has lacked bit of venom.

Yep, been disappointing. Bowled a lot of decent deliveries (as everyone has on this pitch) but has lacked bit of venom.

I don't know if they are trying to take the pressure off his back with the action change and have cost him some pace. He's a bloody good bowler, at 135 I'm not sure he is gonna trouble international class.

Even his effort ball bouncer then was 138.

I want to grab a drink from the fridge but I'm worried I'll miss Finch's innings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finch was starting to look good after a scratchy start

I wouldn’t feel safe unless we get 300 infront

I'd be eternally grateful if they'd stop showing his finger injury tho, lest my lunch makes an encore.
I'm very squeamish but it isn't bothering me. But they are flogging it

That LBW would put Watto to shame. That is as plumb as I've seen in a long time.

imagine him batting in the UK with the ball hooping around. hopefully that's the last we see of him at test level.

It's strange, because the guy clearly has talent, but his method of batting is just pathetic. Done in by a swinging pill because he gives it so much time to swing. The Vic coaches need to get him batting on the crease and stick a bat or something behind his back foot. Seriously, it's not that hard to get on the front stool.

Yes, wasn't under the impression it was remotely a chance of happening.
Nor me but I’m going to spread it around as a genuine discussion just to see what happens. The fallout would be epic

It's strange, because the guy clearly has talent, but his method of batting is just pathetic. Done in by a swinging pill because he gives it so much time to swing. The Vic coaches need to get him batting on the crease and stick a bat or something behind his back foot. Seriously, it's not that hard to get on the front stool.

Without watching this has Handscomb written all over it.
I know they say that there isn't a proper technique for batting and let every do their own thing but there's a difference between Smith's everything and Handscomb. Smith is all movement until the delivery but he is in lovely positions when he hits the ball with his head.

Handscomb plays like he has a weighted back pack on his shoulders that makes it easier to play behind square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back