Votes: 88 19.6%
  • Collingwood by 40+

Votes: 26 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 10 Vic teams get 80% of the discussion (on national programs) with the other 20% between the other 8 teams. And that 20% is tacked on at the end of the show when they have to rush through the discussion where the host(s) try and find a Vic angle to the discussion (some might hijack the discussion).

I just think the host(s) either forget it is being broadcast nationally or purely just don't care.
My gut feel isn't that and certainly feel I know the good interstate sides well in the same way I know the good Vic sides well. The good sides generate more news overall.

On the couch tonight had as much to say about WCE as Collingwood. It is a problem they get produced in Victoria as Victorian commentators seem to be more common. I would think the local coverage in Melb newspapers is more encompassing than what you see interstate where it is more parochial.

We get a different balance but I don't see a lack of coverage especially in the footy states WA and SA

No Razor Ray. AFL probably decided the game should be more about Collingwood and West Coast than the umpires.
Nor Nicholls thankfully. He’s the biggest umpire hack going around.

Eagles by plenty, Collingwood will be nervous and will s**t the bed. You need to lose one and they will get there again but 2018 is ours.
Collingwood have lost plenty in the past that have never been avenged, plus Pendles, Sidey and Goldsack will still be smarting from that 2011 loss.

Eagles by plenty, Collingwood will be nervous and will s**t the bed. You need to lose one and they will get there again but 2018 is ours.
How come we come we went so close to rolling you two weeks ago on your home deck? Let’s see on Saturday who really shits themselves when the fear of losing two Grand Finals in 4 years sets in.

How come we come we went so close to rolling you two weeks ago on your home deck? Let’s see on Saturday who really shits themselves when the fear of losing two Grand Finals in 4 years sets in.
Because we were missing a player for nearly the whole game? Not hard to use your brain.

Keep all your players on the park this Saturday and you will still lose badly. Two GF losses in four years coming up.

If our mids break even, we'll win

If yours is right on top, you'll win

If the competition was truly national, it would go the way of the NBL, and be dead. You would need to remove at least half of the VIC teams, and set up other teams in states that don't have the support or population.

I agree, we would need to lose/transplant some of the Victorian clubs but not half of them.

I can think of at least two states where the AFL has huge support yet no club. Don’t see why a license for either, or indeed both, would be any less viable than second clubs in NSW and QLD.

I agree, we would need to lose/transplant some of the Victorian clubs but not half of them.

I can think of at least two states where the AFL has huge support yet no club. Don’t see why a license for either, or indeed both, would be any less viable than second clubs in NSW and QLD.
Are you saying Sydney doesn't need a 2nd team but both Tas and Northern Territory does need a team?

Mate, seriously Sydney needs a 2nd team.

No idea on what the footy landscape is like in Qld, Tas or NT.

Edit: By the way when say "at least" 2 states, where else we talking? Lol.

Are you saying Sydney doesn't need a 2nd team but both Tas and Northern Territory does need a team?

Not at all. However, it is just as viable IMO to have a club in NT and TAS where there is already a market and plenty of support.

Edit: By the way when say "at least" 2 states, where else we talking? Lol.
There’s also the state of love and trust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. However, it is just as viable IMO to have a club in NT and TAS where there is already a market and plenty of support.

No way a club in Tas or NT would be just as viable as Gws.

I live in Sydney and while we are not as sports mad as other states, I have no doubt gws will become a powerhouse club in Sydney in the next 5-10 years.

You only have to see what they are doing in schools, even though they were an AFL plant.

The Nrl (National rugby league) and Aru (Aus rugby union) could learn a lot from AFL

I would've thought they'd be loving Footy Classified tonight, clearly pro West Coast with Judd even arguing Richmond (the higher ranked team) shouldn't have had the Friday night due to West Coast having to travel for the Grand Final.

Yeah ripper!

Half the show devoted to the pies and agenda-Eddie and 49% devoted to the other Melbourne clubs. West Coast copped a mention by virtue of it being the only other side actually still competing in the competition.

Seriously, Caro’s bullshit “war” with MFC garnered more air time than any meaningful discussion about West Coast.

Anyway, glad Juddy gave us the thumbs up. Nice to know he still cares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah ripper!

Half the show devoted to the pies and agenda-Eddie and 49% devoted to the other Melbourne clubs. West Coast copped a mention by virtue of it being the only other side actually still competing in the competition.

Seriously, Caro’s bullshit “war” with MFC garnered more air time than any meaningful discussion about West Coast.

Anyway, glad Juddy gave us the thumbs up. Nice to know he still cares.
Doesn't helip your argument to to claim 99% Vic content.

Still think there is 18 teams in the comp and my feel is there is plenty of stuff devoted to all sides on the national shows and in Victorian papers. Only way I can gauge it is too think what I know of each side and their players etc and the Sydneys, WCE, Adelaides, GWS etc etc all are very well known here. We see them and hear about them all the time. The playing lists I would be least knowledgable on currently would be Carlton, Saints, Dogs, Freo and Gold Coast because they play the worst footy and get less watched.

Not very humble bob.If you think Collinwood will finish on top next year with Mason Cox as your marquee player ,you'e got yr hand on it son.
Hmmm. If you think Richmond will finish on top with the guy he smashed on Friday in your side I'd suggest you've got yours on it. Oh that's right, Rance didn't play on him because he actually can't play one on one. BTW, Who is Collinwood?

If our mids break even, we'll win

If yours is right on top, you'll win
Possibly the most sensible post in this thread. I totally agree. If we allow your forwards to see enough of the ball we will be seriously up against it just as you will be if our mids have a day out. It's going to be a beauty!

Seriously?

The go Home factor is already strong for Brisbane and GC, can you imagine the trouble both clubs would have holding on to players?

On one hand they both don’t fit the lifestyle of your typical young footballer and on the other, you wouldn’t have the same after career as opportunities you have in Melbourne, let alone Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane etc

No, we've played one bad big game in 2 years.Probably would be a close win to Brisbane.
Once Collingwood got going, the game plan of whacking it forward and not hitting targets looked like little league. Tigers just looked like they wouldn't go the contest and take possession.

It was a bit like our last quarter against Tigers where they went into free fall. Once the knock on game fails, it fails badly. Where you finish next year depends on how you adapt and how many other teams exploit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back