World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup General Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was rooting for the Russians but a England-Croatia final has more spice and more of a heavyweight feel to it. Good to see the Croats replicate that 1998 feat when the French were also semi finalists. Poms were just too good and some brilliant keeping kept them in the lead. Goals and a penalty shootout in the other game made for good viewing.

France-England final my prediction.

You've got to feel the "it's coming home" stuff has had a positive impact on the England team. It's pretty much drowned out all the negative press that is usually associated with English national teams and the team would feel like the whole country is very much united and well behind them.

Been such a weird world cup.

The French and Belgium sides are probably the only two who qualify as teams I think of as WC winning sides, in terms of quality all over the pitch.

Even then, I think they pale to some of the past winners over the last 20 years.

I think whoever wins this will be one of the weaker winners in a long time. Just personal opinion.

Been such a weird world cup.

The French and Belgium sides are probably the only two who qualify as teams I think of as WC winning sides, in terms of quality all over the pitch.

Even then, I think they pale to some of the past winners over the last 20 years.

I think whoever wins this will be one of the weaker winners in a long time. Just personal opinion.

Will there be an * next to the winners name?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back