World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group F Thread (Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea)

Remove this Banner Ad

Germany got killed by the pressure of Mexico. They wanted to build up slowly but just weren't good enough to hold onto the ball long enough.

They had chances for sure. Their recent form has foreshadowed this loss. Not the same team they once were.

On paper, the xG for Germany doesn't look bad but all those counters they gave up makes em look like a shell of team without Schweinsteiger and Lahm.

xG doesn't take into account for all those wasted opportunities by Mexico either, but a +600 underdog not converting their gimmes checks out. Chicharito could have won himself a penalty if he sold it enough though.

Cup's been dope so far.

Germany got killed by the pressure of Mexico. They wanted to build up slowly but just weren't good enough to hold onto the ball long enough.

They had chances for sure. Their recent form has foreshadowed this loss. Not the same team they once were.
I didn't see game, was ozil a culprit( he usually is when arsenal have a poor loss).

Well done to Mexico, fully deserved that win.

I didn't see game, was ozil a culprit( he usually is when arsenal have a poor loss).
He was pretty anonymous along with their holding mids I felt

Their front 3 in Werner, Muller and Draxler were ok though, had a few shots but were either saved or were high and wide.

Kimmich and Boateng were getting annihilated down their right side all first half, got no protection from their holding mids, though Kimmich was regularly caught out of position on the counter.

Had Germany to win every group game which I thought was a sure thing after hearing about the Mexico team's send off with the hookers. Maybe that's the key to good performance!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What this effectively means is that we’re a good chance to see a Brazil vs Germany Round of 16 match now. Oh dear!

I hope so. Needs a shake-up. We could also see a France-Argentina R16 match, with the Argies crashing out. That'd mean there could, at most, only be one semi-finalist from the 2014 lot in these semis, Brazil or Germany.

I liken them to a freight train. Impossible to stop if you let them get going, so don't let them get going.

What are people's thoughts on the Hummels challenge on Hernandez? I thought pen looking at it, hand is on the shoulder and looks to force him down, though not sure how easily he actually went down

Mexico took the game to Germany and the Germans didn't look great defensively either. Also unlucky not to score themselves too.

What are people's thoughts on the Hummels challenge on Hernandez? I thought pen looking at it, hand is on the shoulder and looks to force him down, though not sure how easily he actually went down

Mexico took the game to Germany and the Germans didn't look great defensively either. Also unlucky not to score themselves too.
More of a pen than France's from the either day but I wouldn't have given either of them a pen.

50/50 for me, think the Mexican went down too easy which swayed the refs, but probably could have been a pen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back