2018 Grand Finalists - West Coast vs Collingwood ##Optus Stadium Friday 12th July## Round 17, 2019 ( Edited page 15 current discussion )

Who wins the rematch of the 2018 Grand Final between the Black and White Army and the Eagles

• Collingwood - They'll be too hungry with an added chip on their shoulder - Blowout Victory

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • West Coast - Dom Sheed will have a blinder and break their hearts at the death again

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • Pies in a close one

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Eagles to roll at the G winning comprehensively

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm leaning towards Pies just, I reckon they will jump them and this time hold on. Theres also the mentality of revenge after dealing with the loss all summer.

That was my thoughts over the weekend but I've back flipped and think the Eagles now. It's a game I could see go either way but there is no chance in hell Eagles are $2.83 outsiders on Sportsbet. This is close to an even money game, Collingwood are way too short at $1.39.

F*** the bookies, being favs got us in the s**t last time. On form WC are favs.
Nah our game against brizzy AWAY FROM HOME - was hideous

We were awful for the first half against gws too. We have 2 quarters of decent footy of the 8 quarters we have played so far.

We are away again

We have the underdogs race so sewn up you are wasting your time :)

Sportsbet have

Collingwood $1.39
West Coast $2.83

Crazy odds :drunk:
Im not a betting person but that seems like a logical bet, after 2 close games late last year and similar form heading into this game, this is about as 50/50 game we have this year.

And i swear last week Richmond were favorites against us even though Rance went down?

Are people buying into the “Revenge” factor, backing the losers from previous occasions?

Nah our game against brizzy AWAY FROM HOME - was hideous

We were awful for the first half against gws too. We have 2 quarters of decent footy of the 8 quarters we have played so far.

We are away again

We have the underdogs race so sewn up you are wasting your time :)

pffft! underdogs.............yeah right.

1st qtr against bris you had em on toast, then you's went home at the 1st change.

1st half against gws "awful"? You're talking about a top tier around the footy team - made the most of your scoring opps.

2nd half your mids got on top and your transition game went up a notch.

Hardly the mark of an underdog team.

1st qtr against bris you had em on toast, then you's went home at the 1st change.

1st half against gws "awful"? You're talking about a top tier around the footy team - made the most of your scoring opps.

6A2152D2-BCAC-4E1D-A860-C926C3744337.jpeg

I'm leaning towards Pies just, I reckon they will jump them and this time hold on. Theres also the mentality of revenge after dealing with the loss all summer.

That was my thoughts over the weekend but I've back flipped and think the Eagles now. It's a game I could see go either way but there is no chance in hell Eagles are $2.83 outsiders on Sportsbet. This is close to an even money game, Collingwood are way too short at $1.39.

It's probably because of the Home ground advantage which doesn't exist.

Squiggle haha how funny is that s**t.
Should be a good game though.New player Gaff and Cripps possibly coming in for the Eagles and a few ins for Collingwood since last time they met. Young Peter Moore is a good player .Hutchinson might have to go to Trelor.Grundy should have a better game.Hard to pick against Collingwood but I will anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles have a shocking record at the MCG.

Clear under dogs

Sportsbet have

Collingwood $1.39
West Coast $2.83

Crazy odds :drunk:
Yep. Ridiculous.

IMO should be around the $1.60-$1.70 mark for the Maggies which is what is was for the Grand Final. I believe the Pies will win but $1.39 against the reigning Premiers is way too short. Cox should come back in but if he doesn't $1.39 isn't a justifiable price. Especially with Gaff returning for the Eagles.

Yep. Ridiculous.

IMO should be around the $1.60-$1.70 mark for the Maggies which is what is was for the Grand Final. I believe the Pies will win but $1.39 against the reigning Premiers is way too short. Cox should come back in but if he doesn't $1.39 isn't a justifiable price. Especially with Gaff returning for the Eagles.
Thought there was fa in that cox thing - surely he gets off?

Be disappointed not to see the big seppo

Thought there was fa in that cox thing - surely he gets off?

Be disappointed not to see the big seppo

He should get off but the MRP is chook lotto. Structurally he's important for Collingwood too. I've taken a bit of the $2.80 for the Eagles though, way overs.

Yep. Ridiculous.

Cox should come back in, but the Eagles consistently had him beat last year, so shouldnt make a massive difference to the betting. He plays his best games against the Tigers.

Really? Wouldn't have thought there was much difference, if anything wc looked cleaner in transition. IMO

You beat Richmond in every category. WC lost the inside 50s and broke even on clearances. Pies have a better midfield than the Giants and with De goey in form, that lack of composure in the middle would have seen us concede a ton of goals if that was the Pies on the weekend. We would have been buried by quarter time.

You beat Richmond in every category. WC lost the inside 50s and broke even on clearances. Pies have a better midfield than the Giants and with De goey in form, that lack of composure in the middle would have seen us concede a ton of goals if that was the Pies on the weekend. We would have been buried by quarter time.
  • We beat rich in every category, wc didn't against gws yet had a higher margin
  • Pies midfield better gws, maybe - marginal at best
  • "lack of composure"? mate you gotta beat you're opposition around the ball - they're not gonna let you. To say if it was the Pies is a bit of a stretch
Tell me again that Coll "looked" better.

Fair enough, I’d imagine Roughead would attempt to man up Hickey/Vardy when he rests forward as hes 200cm himself.

If Allen proves to be difficult, i can imagine they shuffle Langdon/Howe/Maynard/Crisp around between Darling and Allen depending on whos most dangerous. Both Langdon and Howe read the ball well and i rate them as 1v1 players(Howe underrated in this regard) if the match up is suitable. I’m hoping the extra support in Moore/Roughead lets Collingwoods 190cm types off the chain abit more compared to GF day.
I certainly rate Howe very higly reads the play and did a number on Jack Darling in the GF (except for 1 quarter) I think Howe goes to Darling, Roughead to JK and Maynard to Allan. Should be a great contest

Back