List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually not too bad. On points it puts him up around the 13 mark, and we'll likely use them for points with Briggs and maybe Green.

Agree, not ideal to lose a talent but we have got as much as we could. Hope that isn’t traded back to Essendon for their 1st rounder next year. Ideally if we can get that first rounder and trade them back our own 2nd or 3rd rounder back for that choice.

This would give us 3 1st rounders next year and 2 second rounders and still 5 days to offload the rest of our collateral for more rebuilding picks.

GC thought that about O’Meara but at least got paid.

I cannot believe we are giving him away, this decision requires an explanation from management.
This whole trade period deserves an explanation from the club.

Maybe even a round table of all the head guys, CEO, List manager, Coach, Captain.

That way they can all tell us what the * is going on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

We had Matthews(or was it Shepherd) not 3 weeks ago come out and say we have cap issues like any other top club but that the numbers floating around were ridiculous.

We were all saying the ******* VFL media were full of s**t.

It appears we were right with the full of s**t part but not who was full of it.

wow just the icing on top of a pretty ordinary 2018...

we'll say this every year but gee we need to nail the draft big time this year.... I think we are going to struggle to make the 8 in 2019 and its a very real possibility we don't play in September next year.....

if J-Pat goes - thanks for your efforts but time to move him on - we've been patient with General with his injuries, hasn't lived up to expectations unfortunately.

Usually I get calmer as it all sinks in.

I'm getting more annoyed this time.

Club has blatently lied. Makes you wonder what else they bullshit about.

makes you also think that maybe the playing group aren't fully united under Leon as well....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hiw long before we need to sack the coach and gaol the administration for lying I wonder.......

Some people really need to harden up, it's Deja vue all over again.

I am a big fan of GWS and love watching you guys play in full flight but I am absolutely bewildered as to what the feck is going on with your club in this trade period.

It is absolutely baffling.

I remember Dylan Shiel being interviewed at the end of the season saying how he didn’t want to leave and was really settled.

And now he and a string of other talented players are being traded out. Staggering.

Whoever is responsible for your list management and salary cap spending/budgeting needs to be fired immediately.

Looks like were making a hard reset where were going from a start up club with extra cap space and extra list spots and a best 22 filled with A and B graders, to moving to a club with a best 22 that will have 8 - 10 top end talent with most other spots being taken by role players. This was always going to eventually happen and we tried to hold on to top end talent for as long as possible and its just a case of the dam wall finally breaking.

I hope the right decisions are being made. We still have a strong list capable of a flag
We need some good news and I dont mean a fluff piece about numbers being up. We know they are. Can see it through Sydney.

Scull was signed till 2021. Thought that would be it.

Brings into question will Tobes bolt? Jezza? Ward?

Last edited:
Contracts mean jack all and the players know it. Losing shiel, lobb, setters, finlayson, scully and patton in one off season has got to be one of the worst trade periods to date. I wonder if Scully wants out now that Shiel his close mate is getting squeezed out. Though puts into question even if we can sign kelly or cogs to long term deals, they could just request a trade and go home at any time. The stuff happening in this trade period will set a very poor precedence for all our contracted players in the future.

Frees up probably close to 4mil in cap space but leaves us with gaping holes everywhere. Havent heard us in the running for any players because we probably have dam walls collapsing everywhere with players wanting out. Lets go target gawn/grundy and screw the rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back