Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
this a media thread. You can compare the two. One week of WC media bashing the week after the Gaff hit and West Coast and it's supporters went into meltdown. I know a guy that has worked at the club 10 years. He was shocked at the pressure they were under and some of the "unfair" comments. My thought: that's what Freo deals with nearly EVERY FN WEEK top of the ladder or bottom throughout the season. The point is, in this media thread comparison, is that Ryan can crash his car drunk and not a peep, Yarran gets hounded until he takes his life; BHill can give a false name at a club and it's first page of the West; WC lose three important coaches, not a word, Lloyd gets a promotion to Carlton and its Freo's culture; Gaff (best mid) and Lycett (current best ruck) are basically packing their bags, hardly a negative word said; BHill is apparently out the door (he isn't, it was a lie), and Neale is getting courted by Brisbane, and Haggers and Hardie are calling it an indictment on the coach. I hate double standards at the best of times and Freo cops it basically week in week out in the media and many of us are FN sick of it. You guys saw it for 1 WEEK and Coles and Woolies ran out of tissues. Some of us like to defend our club from the accusations by DHs in the media who stand at the front door of the club with flame throwers and then tell everyone, well if there's smoke, there must be fire. So in summary, fk off.
Awesome rebuttal.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

BRAVO!!! sincere plea to MH: read and inwardly digest these reasonable observations.

As an ex-media person, I am all too familiar with bias and weighted commentary. It operates against Freo across the board, with the exception of Mark Duffield.

Here's the curious thing: as a West Oz, I would have quite liked to be able to take some interest in the other WA team now my team is out of finals, if things were not so lopsided. And if I hadn't copped unprovoked, unremitting abuse from Eagles people (often complete strangers) from the moment I naively declared myself a Freo member. I was appalled then, and disheartened now. Gives me no joy to have to be so defensive and adversarial in this town.
Well said!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adam Simpson’s daughter Elsa labels Dockers ‘the worst team’ in cute interview......this is one of the front articles I see on the perthnow website tonight....seriously what sort of cowboy media state is this?

Says a fair bit about her parents imo. Why would any parent agree to putting their child in a situation that is likely to generate some major negative public reaction?

How's the afl.com.au headline for Cerra re-signing

"No.5 pick finally signs on with Dockers"

Cerra has publicly stated he would look at his contract at the end of the year (which he has done).
And re-signed

Mutha Farshers put a negative spin on ALL things Freo

Cerra has publicly stated he would look at his contract at the end of the year (which he has done).
And re-signed

Can't wait to hear what the Freo experts - Brad Hardie and Cameron Ling - have to say on what this means?

We have no list manager, Manager of footy has departed - club in a crisis on verge of losing Neale and Cerra will not comit beyond 2019...

Tossers - he said he didn't want to look at contract till end of first year - egg on your face he has re-signed for another 2 years - Does that mean he is happy playing under Lyon? I guess so...;)

And re-signed

They’ll spin it to

“Only until 2021”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take - If there were real culture issues at the club, with Ross, he wouldn't have done that interview now - he would have waited till he left to say what he really thought if there were issues. I guess there could still be cultural issues with the playing group but the management is not in crisis.

My take - If there were real culture issues at the club, with Ross, he wouldn't have done that interview now - he would have waited till he left to say what he really thought if there were issues. I guess there could still be cultural issues with the playing group but the management is not in crisis.
We give far too much creedance to the west aussie media.

Some caller on 6pr saying dockers getting legal advice on all haggers for his reporting of opinions as facts, and basically making things up. Can’t see it happening but would be funny if true

Hope so, he needs to go back to flipping burgers. He'd fit in with greasy teenagers who love drama.

Some caller on 6pr saying dockers getting legal advice on all haggers for his reporting of opinions as facts, and basically making things up. Can’t see it happening but would be funny if true
I think a case could be made as he often presents his opinions and agenda as fact, basically he makes s**t up and then tries to pass it off as facts in the media.
I'd love to see them go after him. He's a cancer.

Rosich thinks we need a list manager who is based in WA.

Re footy manager: We're talking to people around the country. Should be down to a short list of 4 or 5 by next week.

definitely need a list manager based in perth, and a new S & C mentality, with new direction.
The reason that Richmond are the powerhouse now is because they have everyone available, bar maybe 1 player in their best 22.

Spot on West
haggers in my opinion has allowed his spite towards lyon to consume him
to me its pretty evident from a distance, hatred is self destructive, a little sad to watch really
i just listen to sport FM instead anyway
Spot on Westy. Part of it too is the more outlandish statements made, their hope is there is more 'cut through' " in a crowded media landscape. The only way to shut them up is to not to listen. No one listens no Hackdorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back