Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the bleeding obvious. But Rosich did say to Langdon on that shocking station PR that any criticism of Ross if they go back wards on win/loss this year would be unfair.
Rosich is firmly in the Ross corner

It's the bleeding obvious. But Rosich did say to Langdon on that shocking station PR that any criticism of Ross if they go back wards on win/loss this year would be unfair.
Rosich is firmly in the Ross corner
Even if he is not, he still has to say that or else the media would go bananas over it. Lets face it, most of the media would love to see Ross go and a CEO putting a W/L quota on him is just a massive target that doesn't help the club at all.

That said, I think you are right and Rosich is definitely in Ross' quarter.

On another note, this article appeared in today's West ("Player profiles: How Fremantle’s second-year players are tracking this pre-season");

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...s-are-tracking-this-pre-season-ng-b881095777z

"Mitchell Crowden

Age: 19 | Height: 174cm | Weight: 84kg | Contracted until: 2021 | Pressure gauge: Low

Not particularly skilful..."

Stopped reading there. Has he seen Mitch's left peg? Can't find the ball at AFL level is a fair knock, skill is not.

Mitch is the one Ross had a crack at last year that got Neale upset.
Maybe the journo is following ross' narrative

Great to have a bit of discussion on second year players from the media, but a “Pressure Meter”? Really? I think they have enough on their plate without that sort of rubbish.

In contract terms it is always going to be a pressure year for the coach if there are not performances on the board at the end of the year. Journalism of the bleeding obvious.

Haggers was at the club today.

No, but seriously, Silent Snow was adamant that it was Sheridan who was yelled at, and as I've found, whether it's his opinion on Tabs abilities, or Viv Michie's sex appeal, he's usually on the money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about that kid who commentated the scratch match the other night?
He was far less annoying than Russell,
And far more intelligent than that grinning idiot, Johnson

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s not blaming anything, just highlighting the fact that 6 days off following a game played in 40 degree heat was less than ideal.

I'd be highlighting the fact that scheduling a game in Perth in mid-afternoon during that summer-autumn transition period where there is a chance that the temp could be pushing 40 is the height of idiocy. As soon as that forecast came out the AFL should have moved the time.

I'd be highlighting the fact that scheduling a game in Perth in mid-afternoon during that summer-autumn transition period where there is a chance that the temp could be pushing 40 is the height of idiocy. As soon as that forecast came out the AFL should have moved the time.
Yes they need to be able to do that. Would the AFL have any contract considerations in terms of broadcasting?

Ross doing some pre-recorded interview on FOX tonight with a couple of retired players he coached at St Kilda. Saw a clip of it on twitter earlier in the day. Has it been on yet?

Herein lies the coaching issue:

And there was one obvious difference between the reigning premiers and their cross-town rivals, according to The West Australian chief football writer Mark Duffield.

“West Coast were clean, crisp and clinical with the ball, and Fremantle were sloppy and fumbly,” Duffield said.
“I still keep coming back to this, I think that skill execution is a blind spot at Fremantle. I think they need to do more work on it.”

Duffield has pointed the finger at Fremantle’s training methods, which he believes are far different to the Eagles.
“I only watch two teams train, West Coast practice skill to within an inch of their lives and Fremantle practice structure,” he said.
“The more you practice it (skill execution), the better you get at it. It doesn’t mean they turn into Peter Daicos or Dean Kemp overnight, but it does mean they get better.”

Herein lies the coaching issue:

And there was one obvious difference between the reigning premiers and their cross-town rivals, according to The West Australian chief football writer Mark Duffield.

“West Coast were clean, crisp and clinical with the ball, and Fremantle were sloppy and fumbly,” Duffield said.
“I still keep coming back to this, I think that skill execution is a blind spot at Fremantle. I think they need to do more work on it.”

Duffield has pointed the finger at Fremantle’s training methods, which he believes are far different to the Eagles.
“I only watch two teams train, West Coast practice skill to within an inch of their lives and Fremantle practice structure,” he said.
“The more you practice it (skill execution), the better you get at it. It doesn’t mean they turn into Peter Daicos or Dean Kemp overnight, but it does mean they get better.”
Our coaching overall is sub par. If we mainly practice structure, then why aren't our structures good. If they are, I aint seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back