News 2018 Membership Thread

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Arsenal.
From the looks of it women's and Victorian membership must be strong growth areas.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Noticed we have a new ‘Fan Bar’ on the Tennis SA courts this weekend, a week after Port’s ‘Game Day Village’, now with SMA involvement, was relaunched.
1ccd90a9480df3239dc4e54e26d302df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone else get a certificate of appreciation email from the club today for being a foundation member?
yes, thought it was quite tacky actually
A digital certificate with digital signatures.

I am glad the club is finally doing something to recognise years of service though like putting it on the membership card.
I think Hawks did/do put the years on the members scarves which IMO is a great tough and a true gesture.

A digital certificate seems just a bit token and meaningless to me

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone else get a certificate of appreciation email from the club today for being a foundation member?

No but if they increase the price of membership next year I will ve very annoyed.

After every stuff, wasting a prime premiership year due to their own incompetence will be very bloody frustrating.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
No but if they increase the price of membership next year I will ve very annoyed.

After every stuff, wasting a prime premiership year due to their own incompetence will be very bloody frustrating.
They should be able to bank all that Gold Member money and hold off on a rise

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

I am glad the club is finally doing something to recognise years of service though like putting it on the membership card.
I think Hawks did/do put the years on the members scarves which IMO is a great tough and a true gesture.

If it was a real one would that make you feel better?

They'll keep raising the prices until they can't sell out of memberships any more

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks

Yeah at first thought it was kinda a strange email to open, a little weird. It's the thought that counts I guess and I'm glad they're not wasting earth's valuable resources.

Just on that, I've seen people have a go at our club for not using crepe paper banners before games. I'm actually proud our club don't waste paper like that every week, all clubs will be on board with this eventually.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Yeah at first thought it was kinda a strange email to open, a little weird. It's the thought that counts I guess and I'm glad they're not wasting earth's valuable resources.

Just on that, I've seen people have a go at our club for not using crepe paper banners before games. I'm actually proud our club don't waste paper like that every week, all clubs will be on board with this eventually.

Technically that's a Crows Supporter Group decision and not the club's decision - I don't even think the club funds the banner (but will dictate what goes on there, which is why many of the messages are vanilla).

The plastic/reusable banner (which about half the clubs use these day) IMO are much better than the crepe paper banners. Beyond the environmental impact in the fact that bases (and often letters) are reusable, they're also more sturdy, so are less likely to be destroyed by the weather.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think 2018 is it for me, done and dusted. And that's not a results decision either.

High cost of EC membership, loss of MCG reciprocals, reduction in available seating so need to get there an hour before gates open to get a decent seat, obscene cost of AO catering. All these things just make it unattractive.

There's always 2-3 games we don't get to, so it's a high cost per ticket which in practical terms, requires you to be there 3 hours before the game, often in uncovered inclement conditions.

I've loved the AO experience but time to move on and instead other methods of getting to the odd game

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I think 2018 is it for me, done and dusted. And that's not a results decision either.

High cost of EC membership, loss of MCG reciprocals, reduction in available seating so need to get there an hour before gates open to get a decent seat, obscene cost of AO catering. All these things just make it unattractive.

There's always 2-3 games we don't get to, so it's a high cost per ticket which in practical terms, requires you to be there 3 hours before the game, often in uncovered inclement conditions.

I've loved the AO experience but time to move on and instead other methods of getting to the odd game

The majority of open choice EC seating is undercover though - and this year you could still get a decent seat about an hour before the game.

The point about losing the reciprocal rights to the MCG is the stinker for me. Also very disappointing the club has done next to nothing to rectify this.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The majority of open choice EC seating is undercover though - and this year you could still get a decent seat about an hour before the game.

The point about losing the reciprocal rights to the MCG is the stinker for me. Also very disappointing the club has done next to nothing to rectify this.
Fair call on the seating and agree you can still get something an hour before - but for our preferred seating, it's 1 hour before gates open.

Reference to the weather was more about having to queue in rain which I've done too many times.

No more

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Fair cost saving though. Probably $300k straight to the bottom line. And we need the cash.

We still do use crepe paper, paste it over the plastic skin.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair call on the seating and agree you can still get something an hour before - but for our preferred seating, it's 1 hour before gates open.

Reference to the weather was more about having to queue in rain which I've done too many times.

No more

I'm thinking of canning my AO, gold and AFLW memberships. It's not about value, I've never gotten value, I don't think I can continue to support the club financially.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
I’m scrapping the Gold component of my membership next year, 1 Grand Final in 20 years is not value for $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back