Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew it would happen. Still pissed off though.
2 days before our last home game after which they can then all return to the ivory tower and pat themselves on the back.
The noise can then die down over the off season and its all rainbows and lollipops at the AFC.
The whole week seems to be designed around this

Mackay, Selections, Steady as she goes,

The one word in that article sums up the AFC and its reaction to this season. Shock.

They are shocked the season can go so horribly wrong. As if its an outlier and not a sign of internal issues. Just bad luck everybody. Our luck should change

"ADELAIDE is backing in its key football department staff with Brett Burton and Matt Hass both set to remain in their current roles next year despite the club’s shock slide this season.

As the Crows continue their internal review into what led them going from grand finalist to missing the finals this year, it’s understood management will resist making wholesale changes to fitness staff and key decision makers.

There have been public calls for heads to roll at Adelaide but both chairman Rob Chapman and chief executive Andrew Fagan are expected to confirm the club wants stability and will stand by its men when the Crows play their final home game of the year against North Melbourne on Sunday."

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

"Adelaide FC employees have conducted an internal review of themselves and found that Adelaide FC employees are doing a good job and just some nameless 'systems' and stuff need some 'tweaks' or something"

"ADELAIDE is backing in its key football department staff with Brett Burton and Matt Hass both set to remain in their current roles next year despite the club’s shock slide this season.

As the Crows continue their internal review into what led them going from grand finalist to missing the finals this year, it’s understood management will resist making wholesale changes to fitness staff and key decision makers.

There have been public calls for heads to roll at Adelaide but both chairman Rob Chapman and chief executive Andrew Fagan are expected to confirm the club wants stability and will stand by its men when the Crows play their final home game of the year against North Melbourne on Sunday."
Well isnt that just fuxking typical !! Forget that we are already at a disadvantage playing in a Victorian centric competition. Our clubs hierarchy are too pathetic to do anything remotely ruthless anyway. These 2 donkeys destroyed one club already. It's bad enough that we gave them jobs in the first place, but now that our club has also been completely decimated with soft tissue injuries as well, and a year that should have seen us having a real tilt at a premiership has been squandered, their positions should be untenable. But no, not the AFC, we'll give them another chance. They're good guys, they have families, they will do better next time. High performance industry and the best people in the right seats at our club. Get fuxked Fagan !!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What year?

Not saying one isn't required. I just wouldn't have thought it would be that common. I guess they are a competitive business after all.

At the start of last season the Richmond board were ready to Start a coup against hardwick

The other day I saw four senior port players eating in a cafe in the western suburbs

They looked as cooked as Hinkley sounded this week

They might get well and truly smashed today.

Just curious. How many professional sporting clubs get an external body to review them?
I guess that's already started to be answered in the above couple of posts, but I doubt there's any way to find out how many professional clubs have done it.

An internal review might be a good starting point, but this club needs an external review after the shitshow it produced this year. Those who orchestrated the shitshow need to be removed from the process of reviewing. Self assessment is a nice touchy feely place to start, like in schools where kids sometimes get to assess their own work. I know how that turns out, and it's pretty laughable.

The real s**t needs to be looked at by an independent body and this club has real s**t to be looked at.

2 poor examples
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/how-geelong-turned-the-corner-20160520-gp05om.html

Geelong's review.

Is David Parkin busy?

I was lucky enough to have a decent conversation with Parkinson after a corporate event. We barely spoke about football. But his views on organisational structure and ensuring everyone knows and understands their role in an organisation I found quite interesting.

I walked away understanding why he was such a great coach.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Port are already a defeated team. Could get ugly today.
Damn I hope so, but remember that Collingwood are so injured they're nowhere near the strength they could've been. They'd be gettable by most teams today except for the bottom 4-5 and even then I think Brisbane would be a chance to topple them.

Damn I hope so, but remember that Collingwood are so injured they're nowhere near the strength they could've been. They'd be gettable by most teams today except for the bottom 4-5 and even then I think Brisbane would be a chance to topple them.

Kind of game, that the Power would have won at AO, at the G its a different issue. There is no place to hide its that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back