Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not unfair that the GF is played at the MCG. It's where it's always been. You either bring it or you don't on the day. West coast in 92 and 94 destroyed a Victorian side. Bet the west coast player want to play there rather than anywhere else. It's the AFL couldren. The biggest amphitheatre. Best team will get the job done.
1992 is a quarter of a century ago ...

No non-Victorian team has ever beaten a Victorian team in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions.

If West Coast wins, they will be the first ever.
Well we should have been the first. My old man was a sandgroper but wouldn't want them to get anything over us first, traditional footy state or not.

No you're being near sighted FFE
Don’t be ridiculous. It is completely unfair that the higher team has to play at the lower team’s home ground in the GF. The advantage is massive for the home team. Tradition and capacity be ****ed. Fairness should come first.

Melbournes VFL team about to get done in the GF over here. Almighty choke after being 5 odd goals up early in the game.

LOLworthy.

Don’t be ridiculous. It is completely unfair that the higher team has to play at the lower team’s home ground in the GF. The advantage is massive for the home team. Tradition and capacity be ****ed. Fairness should come first.
Every GF Should be played at the MCG. Rankings are a stat from recent memory.

Interstate clubs arent pussies. They go over and attempt to get the job done with success in reasonable fashion since 1992. It's only the the supporters that bitch about it.
In my time ive seen some ridiculous debates. This has to be top 10.

"an interstate club would rather play a neutral grand final against a vic team on their home ground." youre funny.

If the MCG wasnt used as a home ground for multiple Vic clubs then you might to be onto sonething.

In my time ive seen some ridiculous debates. This has to be top 10.

"an interstate club would rather play a neutral grand final against a vic team on their home ground." youre funny.

If the MCG wasnt used as a home ground for multiple Vic clubs then you might to be onto sonething.
Such a sooky comment. Every single AFL player wants to play a GF at the MCG no matter which team they play for. Put me up at number one if you like. Pussies look for excuses.

No non-Victorian team has ever beaten a Victorian team in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions.

West Coast were loaded with concessions in 92 and 94.

Adelaide in 97 and 98 had Hart, Smart, Rehn, Bickley, Jameson, Ricciuto and McLeod all either drafted or traded for through their start-up concessions.

The same for Brisbane in 01-03.

Sydney had player retention help in 2012. They do not field that side without it.

Those concessions timed out.

11 of the last 12 premiers are Victorian.

No non-Victorian side has defeated a Victorian side in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions.

Brisbane had salary cap concessions as well. Eddie thumped the table after their defeats and they were removed.

Such a sooky comment. Every single AFL player wants to play a GF at the MCG no matter which team they play for. Put me up at number one if you like. Pussies look for excuses.

They say that now because the MCG is where the GF is being played regardless of finishing position. You'd have to be a complete moron to think that West Coast players would actually prefer to play at the MCG than their own home ground. Do you think our players would have chosen the G ahead of AO if they were given the choice. Don't be stupid.

Yeh LOL. Not sure you can read.

Lets look at West Coasts finishes;

2000 - 13th
2001- 14th
2005 - 2nd
2006 - 1st

2008 - 15th
2009 - 11th
2010 - 16th
2011 - 4th

2013 - 13th
2015 - 2nd
2018 - 1-2

A bit of a pattern?

They do very quick rebuilds. They drop hard and then come back up quickly.
Now lets see who they drafted those years;

2000 - Andrew McDougall (WA), Daniel Kerr (WA)
2001 - Chris Judd (Vic), Ashley Sampi (WA)

2008 - Nic Nat (WA), Luke Shuey (Vic)
2009 - Brad Sheppard (WA)
2010 - Andrew Gaff (Vic), Jack Darling (WA)

2013 - Dom Sheed (WA)

It's almost like they just happen to fall down the ladder the years there were strong WA players to pick. It couldn't be a plan could it?

In the one year where there are multiple high end SA talents, and when the season was shot - we chose to keep playing the same tired players and push to finish 12th... Planning isn't one of our strong points. In the same position, West Coast would have finished 15th, picked up two gun locals and been back up the ladder for another premiership tilt.

West Coast have it figured out. We are too scared to do the same.

Oh please. With full respect to you, if our football club had this record the calls would be "yoyo ladder finishes" and "sustained mediocrity."

One flag since 1994.

Don't pretend you'd be doing cartwheels with a record just a shade better than ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They say that now because the MCG is where the GF is being played regardless of finishing position. You'd have to be a complete moron to think that West Coast players would actually prefer to play at the MCG than their own home ground. Do you think our players would have chosen the G ahead of AO if they were given the choice. Don't be stupid.
Absolutely I do. That's where they want to play to win the ultimate. On that stage like we have twice out of three. It's not about advantage, it's about the best ******* team. If you want to override it and say interstates should play interstate then good luck.

Interstate clubs arent pussies. They go over and attempt to get the job done with success in reasonable fashion since 1992. It's only the the supporters that bitch about it.
Like others have mentioned, not many interstate sides have got it done without their start up concessions, or a lazy extra million in the cap.

Every state has a world class ground. The GF should be hosted by the higher ranked team.

If it has to be at the MCG, then that ground should be neutral. Every club should play there between 3-5 times per year. No more, no less.

Like others have mentioned, not many interstate sides have got it done without their start up concessions, or a lazy extra million in the cap.

Every state has a world class ground. The GF should be hosted by the higher ranked team.

If it has to be at the MCG, then that ground should be neutral. Every club should play there between 3-5 times per year. No more, no less.

I reckon all the interstate sides away games against Vic sides should be at the MCG and the Vic Home and away sides games at
Etihad.

I reckon all the interstate sides away games against Vic sides should be at the MCG and the Vic Home and away sides games at
Etihad.
Another way ( and I havent investigated the possibility) is for no 1 club have more than 12 games at the MCG

And be allowed to train there.

And have an equal allocation of tickets for club members (i.e. tell the corporates and MCC members to GAGF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back