Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does that mean that Carlton have five spots to fill? Given they have no picks after pick 1, I think we should offer a cheeky trade of 8,13,16, and 21 for pick 1 and Carlton’s first next year...

They have 4 spots to fill. 36 signed players right now, and their 1 rookie (LeBois) was reported as a rookie contract.

Still have to make their 3 mandatory changes.

I think they'll just go into deficit if they take Ben Silvagni. Only have 78 points.

Read on the main board thread that Adam Simpson has had a meeting with the AFL in regards to disadvantages that exist in the AFL. Should be interesting to see what they discussed.

I mentioned on the Trade board, because I felt the majority of us is there.

Its a fascinating discussion.

Its been KICK A VIC on there. Vic teams have few answers to justify the inequity.

Here is one for you, the Power only won the flag in 04 because the Lions played their home prelim at the G. Oh thats my opinion lol.

Its been KICK A VIC on there. Vic teams have few answers to justify the inequity.

Here is one for you, the Power only won the flag in 04 because the Lions played their home prelim at the G. Oh thats my opinion lol.

The pear won the flag because the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse must have been riding by.

So Warren throws Chad under the bus after he leaves. I genuinely hope he does a Shaun Burgoyne and dominates.

If the coach had any balls he would have dropped him if he had attitude issues.
It's just kind of funny that the Crows supposedly did the same thing to McGovern in terms of telling him at his exit meeting he needed to pull his finger out, but it's a negative "poor culture" thing for us and ruthless, tough decision for the Power.

So Warren throws Chad under the bus after he leaves. I genuinely hope he does a Shaun Burgoyne and dominates.

He had to so port fans wouldn't get upset over Chad claiming the club asked him to shop around and after Chad said someone should of said something during the season about his training attitude

Football is a buisness. I remember when trigg threaten court action against the afl for restraint of trade when there was a contract that one final a week must be played at the g.

Someone needs to do it again.

Hipster haircut? Check. Intimidating tattoos? Check. Mean face? Check.

Tough guy confirmed

484c14a416765b5a1ded6c9da9896b57

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To expect a Wingard level of return is wrong considering Wingard has proven he can be a consistent A grade player which Gov hasn't.

And that may change if McAdam turns out to be a good player anyway.

Wingard hasn’t produced for 2 years, and their contracts were similar

And the point remains, whatever their relative values, we got unders and they got serious overs

Going early, once again, hasn’t paid off

Wingard hasn’t produced for 2 years, and their contracts were similar

And the point remains, whatever their relative values, we got unders and they got serious overs

Going early, once again, hasn’t paid off
Gov hasn't produced for 2 years either! He's shown flashes, but has not been a consistent AFL footballer at all, he's all potential at the moment. Even in a "bad" year Wingard still averaged 20 touches, 3 clearances, 3 tackles and a goal a game, you know if he pulls his finger out he'll be one of the best players in the league.

So does that mean that Carlton have five spots to fill? Given they have no picks after pick 1, I think we should offer a cheeky trade of 8,13,16, and 21 for pick 1 and Carlton’s first next year...

For pick 1 I'd offer 16 and 21 with the cream being that Hamish Ogilvie select those two players for Carlton. Win/win.

Gov hasn't produced for 2 years either! He's shown flashes, but has not been a consistent AFL footballer at all, he's all potential at the moment. Even in a "bad" year Wingard still averaged 20 touches, 3 clearances, 3 tackles and a goal a game, you know if he pulls his finger out he'll be one of the best players in the league.

5 years 750K

That’s what he’s shown

This is what confuses me about it too. All this talk about his attitude being poor and a negative review meeting and yet nothing was mentioned during the season proper. What kind of incompetent assholes do they have coaching that team?

I highly expect him to have a huge year next year. The Hawks generally get the best out of players and he'll love playing on the big stage every second week.

5 years 750K

That’s what he’s shown
From Carlton, hardly a ringing endorsement.

Hes not even close to Wingards level, Chad may have underachieved the last 2 years for a guy of his talent, but he still had better years than Gov.

This is what confuses me about it too. All this talk about his attitude being poor and a negative review meeting and yet nothing was mentioned during the season proper. What kind of incompetent assholes do they have coaching that team?

Explanation is simple - they were in the top 4 for most of the year and basically didn’t want to rock the boat. They know they needed Wingard to ensure the ultimate success and so they put up with his attitude to ensure they didn’t upset him but it all unravelled in the last 8 weeks.

What the incompetent idiots didn’t know was the year was built on a house of cards. So now they throw him under the bus.

Explanation is simple - they were in the top 4 for most of the year and basically didn’t want to rock the boat. They know they needed Wingard to ensure the ultimate success and so they put up with his attitude to ensure they didn’t upset him but it all unravelled in the last 8 weeks.

What the incompetent idiots didn’t know was the year was built on a house of cards. So now they throw him under the bus.
It's what they do. Dont you dare leave Port Adelaide or we will smear your character, despite us being the ones to kick you out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back