2nds 2018 Stand Alone VFL - Inaugural season over. Time for reviews.

The VFL website's goal kickers differ from our twitter handle's and those at the ground.

Narrier – 2.1

Hibberd – 1 behind

Larkey – 2.3

Nielson – 1 goal

Pruess – 1.1

Walker – 2 behinds

Stroobants – 2 goals

Mirams – 3.1

Holmes - 4.4

Williams - .1

Mountford - 1 goal
Well I know that WW got one, and D Mountford hit the post

Peter Jackson VFL 2018

Frankston 1.4 3.4 8.6 8.7 (55)
North Melbourne 5.2 11.9 13.11 16.17 (113)

GOALS:
Frankston: Elton 3 Rich 2 Hura Wilson Pierce
North Melbourne: Stroobants 3 Mirams 3 Narrier 2 Hogan 2 Holmes Walker Preuss Northe Leonardis Larkey

BEST:
Frankston: Ferreira Jarnestrom Young Pierce Gill-Renouf Elton
North Melbourne: Nielson Hibberd Jansen McKay Walker Leonardis

Mountford was awarded the last goal. I’ll wait for the official stats.
Oh he may have, but I know that he hit the post earlier in the last quarter

What was Mountford's game like?
He was obviously monitored time wise, but I thought that he actually moved really well and did not seem off the pace at all. Certainly his tackles stuck and he seemed to me to get a bit of the ball. I wouldn't be unhappy to see him straight back in

Sounds like the vfl players are the true leaders of this team.

Hopefully McKay, walker, preuss and Hibberd are given an opportunity this week
Well there are some pretty handy footballers amongst them. They have seen a few of the AFL listed players go and return, have lost Ahern and have to carry AFL listed players struggling to have an impact week in week out. The perfect example is The Fisherman, managed to hook a couple of goals, but had less real impact on the game than Barry the Bootstudder. Sure he kicked 2, and that is is job, but I would be surprised if he offered up 1 chase of an opponent all day. All that said, it is a VFL team, it is the VFL players team, they should lead it. Jansen, Rippon and Holmes are guns. Close has been a big loss for a long time too. Leonardis goes ok, Mirams was effective today and it was good to see Tommy Hotchin get a kick.

He was obviously monitored time wise, but I thought that he actually moved really well and did not seem off the pace at all. Certainly his tackles stuck and he seemed to me to get a bit of the ball. I wouldn't be unhappy to see him straight back in
I will actually add that he hunted the ball, or the player with it. He was not half hearted at all.

Neilson now with a number of bog's to his name over the past 2 months - was a good solid first year player last year and cant get a look in this year.

Former second round selection so we saw something in him when we drafted him - try him in the firsts Brad!

Was hoping for more from Moutford.
Looks like Simpkin survives again.
The TOG component would be a factor for Decs' game stats. Still laid more tackles than Simpkin in probably half the time.

The TOG component would be a factor for Decs' game stats. Still laid more tackles than Simpkin in probably half the time.
He'll be time managed for a couple of weeks at least, so he's out of the equation for now.

NMFC-header.png

State league affiliate: North Melbourne (VFL)
This weekend: Frankston v North Melbourne - Sunday, July 22, 12pm, SkyBus Stadium

Nick Larkey and rookie Gordon Narrier each booted two goals for the Kangaroos, who enjoyed a 58-point triumph at Frankston.

Not for the first time this season, Braydon Preuss had another good game in the VFL.

Preuss was excellent in the ruck, and provided a target when he floated forward. The 23-year-old kicked one goal, as did Daniel Nielson, who was one of North's best.

Mitchell Hibberd, Ben McKay and Will Walker all played well.

Back