List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/FA & Draft Thread Part IV [JP✔️ JPII✔️ Hall✔️ BScott✔️ Tyson✔️ Clarke➡️ Preuss➡️ RedÓg✔️]

Is Dan Menzel worth a spot on an AFL list?

• No Dan, we have enough injury plauged forwards

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Deserves a spot on a list somewhere, just not North

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Rookie only

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • He'll kick five in a final for us, must get

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Dunno why we give a flying F what the media think. Weren't they the same "experts" who had us contenders for the wooden spoon? Their employers should hold them accountable. "sorry sir you have no ruddy clue, at a minimum you could do some research on big footy prior to peddaling your ill conceived views, your fired!"

I don't care in the sense that I in any way rate their opinion, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the football. I do care because other teams are getting free PR from the rah rah squad year in year out and I suspect that does have a long term detrimental affect on our ability to attract new support.

I don't care in the sense that I in any way rate their opinion, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the football. I do care because other teams are getting free PR from the rah rah squad year in year out and I suspect that does have a long term detrimental affect on our ability to attract new support.
Exactly. People are sheep by nature and will follow and believe what famous people tell them if they don't have a deeper interest or curiosity.

That is bad for us when we are the black sheep in Victoria.

One things for certain.

If we target Kelly next year we cant target any other GWS players as free agents.

Nothing surer than Giants matching offers next year on free agents and forcing clubs to cough up two first rounders for their top end talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Call me crazy but if we still lack run I wouldn't mind seeing Stephen Hill come in for 2 or 3 years. If he was cheap. Icing on the cake type.

Agree. I don't see Coniglio leaving tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're after JK again, do we also still have Gagf money to spend on a FA?

If so, who do we look at, and why?

We went with a double JP this year, maybe a double JK next year?

A selection of 2019's prospective free agents

CARLTON
Levi Casboult
Matthew Kreuzer

FREMANTLE
Stephen Hill

GOLD COAST
David Swallow

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Adam Tomlinson
Stephen Coniglio
Nick Haynes

HAWTHORN
Grant Birchall
Liam Shiels
Ben Stratton

MELBOURNE
Nathan Jones

NORTH MELBOURNE
Majak Daw
Todd Goldstein

RICHMOND
David Astbury
Brandon Ellis
Shane Edwards

ST KILDA
Jarryn Geary
Jack Newnes

WEST COAST
Shannon Hurn
Josh Kennedy
Nic Naitanui
Brad Sheppard

As Maj was delisted and re-rookied is he still a free agent?

Kane cornes contradicts himself that often

If I look at our close losses this year and add in say hall and Polec only - we probably beat
Bulldogs, Sydney, Gold Coast up there.

It’s easy to say we didn’t do well at trade week when you have the blinkers on or your bitter. Fact is we are going to land to top 20 kids and 4 players who have given us a lot more depth and leg speed.

Imagine if we got gaff.

We’ve done unbelievably well

Back