Live Event 2018 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Kelly stays at Geelong.

Van der Weilen would no doubt be delighted with that outcome, instead of him actually getting his client Kelly what he wanted.

Van der Weilen - "player manager" of the highest order, with a different manager Kelly would have been drafted a year earlier, and by a WA club...

From Trade Radio...

Fremantle's Peter Bell said the Dockers thought their weekend statement on Jesse Hogan was "appropriate at the time" but things changed and they "re-engaged" in the deal.

He said he doesn't regret making the statement and that Hogan is on a three-year deal.​

What a shitshow with Geelong, Kelly and his manager. Geelong keep a player who doesn't want to be there for a year only to lose him cheaply next year to a club that didn't try that hard to get him.

Shame him and his manager were so stubborn, he'd be useful for us and he could be home with his family but right now I don't have sympathy.

What a shitshow with Geelong, Kelly and his manager. Geelong keep a player who doesn't want to be there for a year only to lose him cheaply next year to a club that didn't try that hard to get him.

Shame him and his manager were so stubborn, he'd be useful for us and he could be home with his family but right now I don't have sympathy.
There is no way we would have paid the (reported) price.

From Trade Radio...

Fremantle's Peter Bell said the Dockers thought their weekend statement on Jesse Hogan was "appropriate at the time" but things changed and they "re-engaged" in the deal.

He said he doesn't regret making the statement and that Hogan is on a three-year deal.​

I always thought that one day Peter Bell would excel at something.

After work today I changed into a Freo t-shirt & walked the dog around Marvel Stadium & down to Docklands.
I was jubilant after the Hogan & Lobb trades.
On the way back I saw Peter Bell looking at the big screen outside the stadium.
It was exactly what I'd hoped for.
I didn't dare come closer than 10 metres as I yelled out, against the wind, "Belly! Belly!" & was ignored.
I tried a "Peter!" & got his attention. I pointed to my shirt & then with a thumbs up, said "well done mate", receiving a thumbs up & "thanks mate"
For a fella who is not naturally cool, I tend to be ok around well known people, as I thought the last thing he'd want especially on a day like today is some numpty fanboy wasting his precious time, but this nobody enjoyed the encounter

After work today I changed into a Freo t-shirt & walked the dog around Marvel Stadium & down to Docklands.
I was jubilant after the Hogan & Lobb trades.
On the way back I saw Peter Bell looking at the big screen outside the stadium.
It was exactly what I'd hoped for.
I didn't dare come closer than 10 metres as I yelled out, against the wind, "Belly! Belly!" & was ignored.
I tried a "Peter!" & got his attention. I pointed to my shirt & then with a thumbs up, said "well done mate", receiving a thumbs up & "thanks mate"
For a fella who is not naturally cool, I tend to be ok around well known people, as I thought the last thing he'd want especially on a day like today is some numpty fanboy wasting his precious time, but this nobody enjoyed the encounter

Your dog was getting the thumbs up from Belly, not you.
Your pooch is far cooler than yyou :D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also EAD
Eat so many dicks Anthony Van der Dickhead.

Absolutely love it.

I have nothing against Kelly even if he does hate us.

But his manager can seriously suck on them. The commission he would’ve received from the move would’ve been sweet, so I’m most happy he doesn’t get anything and hope he never receives another player ever again. This would have to go down as the worst player management of all time.

Doesn’t get his player to desired club, doesn’t get large commission and kills off any future interest because of his words.

EAD!

Bell thinks Colyer is B22.

F*** I hope not else we might have pick 2 (not 1, GC are terrible).
dunno how much you have seen of colyer, i agree with bell from what I've seen
matera,sherro ,sutty ,giro, crowden,5 off the top of my head are way behind colyer imo

Lots of talk on WCE board that we were chasing Kelly with pick 14 at the end - anyone confirm if this was true?

That was the rumour. I think it was a ‘hail mary’ Praying on Kelly getting last minute jitters and really wanting home.

Was never likely.

True
Red toy poodle my wife has groomed & accessorised
Not the most macho dog

You were walking around with a stuffed toy from the Royal Show, weren't you??

No wonder Belly was besotted.

New (short man, silver haired man) world order, we aren't about macho, now the future is more colour co-ordination (what was the exact Pantone number for our cool shade of purple again?? And can we get matching runners??) and suave accessorising.

You better work on that accent and tonal inflection too if you gonna be calling out to "ShBelly" in public again...

Wow, what a trade period. I'm a fairly patient kind of guy so I was all settled in for the long slow rebuild. But this should definitely fast track our improvement. We can cover for the loss of Neale with Blakely returning to full time mid, and Duman/Nyhuis can step up at half back depending on the opposition. Conca and/or Colyer will play mid, keeping guys like Crowden and Giro and maybe Banfield out until they can force their way into B22 through form or injury. Matera to play forward where he belongs unless his form doesn't warrant it. Decent depth across the board now, but I hope we target mids and small (and medium) forwards in the draft (Ian Hill etc).

The Fremantle Dockers have key position depth. The Fremantle Dockers have key position depth. The Fremantle Dockers have key position depth.(repeated because it doesn't really sink in until you read it a few times :drunk:).

Any response from Barrett and McClure? I hope you're reading this you absolute fools.

Also just a slightly different perspective (not sure if already posted on here, I'm sure one oif the gurus on the D&T board has already worked it out):

• To get Hogan in the 2012 mini-draft (part of GWS establishment process), Melbourne sent picks 3 and 13 in the main 2012 draft to GWS (3446 points combined), in return for pick 20 (912 points), the rights to Hogan, and Dom Barry.
    Hard to exactly apportion how much of that points deficit of 2534 points should be seen as just Hogan - say 1700 just to be conservative and in Melbourne's favour.
    For context, Pick 3 became Lachie Plowman, Pick 13 became Aidan Corr, and pick 20 became Tim Broomhead (taken by Port after multiple trades of the pick).

• Neale was selected by Freo with pick 58 in the 2011 draft. That is 170 points.

Arguably, Freo turned 170 points (pick 58) into at least a tenfold return (pick 2 in the mini draft).

Funny how things work out.
For context, have a look at the news coverage of Hogan's selection in 2012, versus the (highly limited) coverage Lachie got in 2011...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back