Remove this Banner Ad

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not feeling anger or rage now, just a deep sadness. Our players did us proud, definitely the best team/squad in Heart/City history.

Sydney are worthy champions, not going to begrudge the refs or the VAR that ruled DelBridge's goal offside.

Anyhow my heartist and sincere congratulations to Sydney FC and all their supporters, but I also want to raise a toast to my Melbourne City players.
You guys did us proud. Tom Glover put in a heoric performance.

There is no shame losing to the best, and Sydney FC have been the best in the A League for a long time now.

Congrats to General Giant and all other Sydney fans here. It was a great game and a great season. Let's hope we do it again next season (with a different result next time x) :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
well.. its been a long season glade its finally over tbh! The league has challenges going forward noticeably how to fix the declining TV viewership, player retention with the reduced salary cap as well as the independence structure.

Thanks to all the football fans that contributed during this season to the board. I hope you will all continue throughout the off season and next season.

Hopefully its not as disruptive with the Covid restrictions.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now now. Be gracious.
Well done on the win. I will take the loss graciously but still was just surprised to see no mention here of a rule simply not being enforced. According to my understanding of the law Sydney should have been down to 10. I can call that out without being disrespectful to Sydney’s efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Well done on the win. I will take the loss graciously but still was just surprised to see no mention here of a rule simply not being enforced. According to my understanding of the law Sydney should have been down to 10. I can call that out without being disrespectful to Sydney’s efforts.
Enjoy your club made it to the GF and was dangerous all the way.

Nit picking can go both ways and will just drive ya nuts.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
It is when there were plenty of decisions that went both ways and against both teams, but Whatever floats your boat.
Well yes but I can’t be stuffed posting about every decision that was contentious to be honest. That was the only missed one that comes to mind that should have been a red card so it’s a major one.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
****sake, imagine wanting a team to lose a player in a grand final due to celebrating.

Not a fantastic game, but what a goal to win it?! Chesting it in was a smart choice over the header, and what a time to do it!

Feels bloody great to be the best in Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t agree with the rule in the first place so I definitely don’t agree with it in the biggest game of the year.

Ok, but the rule is literally that a celebrating in that manner results in a yellow card. Why have you reacted like you have to me imagining the wild thought of a rule being enforced?

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Ok, but the rule is literally that a celebrating in that manner results in a yellow card. Why have you reacted like you have to me imagining the wild thought of a rule being enforced?
Ok you can get the yellow card for grant and we get the clear penalty kick for Alfie.

Of course that means no extra time and no yellow card

Last edited:

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Same reason I don’t think soft free kicks should be given in the AFL grand final. Put the whistle away, so to speak.

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I would usually let it go back seeing as it's Rhyan Grant, fu** him. Should've been sent off against the Glory last year as well

Top Bottom