List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the first half of the Suns vs Carlton game and Luko looked great. Seems to already be their teams designated kicker out of defense, which is pretty amazing when you think he's a 193cm, 18 year old kid in his first season. Lot of respect for his skills!

Still baffles me that people don't think this kid will make an impact. He will be a star!
Yep Luko looks very classy and getting better every game. Reckon we have him in our sights.

Had a very tidy month has Luko, putting together a nice body of work.

Excellent numbers and form given he is a 1st year developing KPP.

Agree I think he is very firmly in our sights and would be a crucial addition to a rebuild of this side.

Agree I think he is very firmly in our sights and would be a crucial addition to a rebuild of this side.
Agreed, with a guy like that we need to be prepared to pay overs too. Not get caught up on the value chart figures.

What would we be prepared to cough up for him. We need midfielders so I'd loathe to give up our pick this year, maybe next year's first plus a player of quality ??

Just such a smooth moving, wonderfully skilled kid.

What would we be prepared to cough up for him. We need midfielders so I'd loathe to give up our pick this year, maybe next year's first plus a player of quality ??

I disagree regarding the draft picks. I think we made this Carlton trade in order to have an opportunity to pull something like this off.

And if we do go as full tilt on our list rebuild as many predict this offseason, then we will probably want to hold onto next years #1 draft pick. It could well get worse before it gets better!

For me, i'm thinking Carlton's 1st and Greenwood for Luko + GC's 2nd rounder.

They get Greenwood, + their extra top 5 draft pick (and hold onto the Brisbane pick), and we get 2 early 2nd rounders which we can either trade back into this first round with, or trade back like the GWS trade last year.

I don't think gold coast will be interested in this deal
I disagree regarding the draft picks. I think we made this Carlton trade in order to have an opportunity to pull something like this off.

And if we do go as full tilt on our list rebuild as many predict this offseason, then we will probably want to hold onto next years #1 draft pick. It could well get worse before it gets better!

For me, i'm thinking Carlton's 1st and Greenwood for Luko + GC's 2nd rounder.

They get Greenwood, + their extra top 5 draft pick (and hold onto the Brisbane pick), and we get 2 early 2nd rounders which we can either trade back into this first round with, or trade back like the GWS trade last year.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tough one as he clearly won’t come cheap.

He hasn’t re signed and wanting out after a year will cause a lot of angst for GC.

I agree that our midfield needs a rebuild but we are also short on KPP.

Butts, Fogarty and Himmelberg is it.

Tex, JJ, Talia ageing, Keath is 28 next year too.

We definitely need him and we did go 2 high pick mids last year.

Honestly I would do pick 2/3 + Greenwood, try and get something back but just get it over the line.

He hasn’t re signed and wanting out after a year will cause a lot of angst for GC.

Honestly I would do pick 2/3 + Greenwood, try and get something back but just get it over the line.
At this point I can't help but see something building. The first 3 picks at this point are GC, Melbourne, Crows

Lukosuis is being constantly talked about in Crows Trade scenarios
Keath being talked about as a Melbourne Target
GCS linked to interest in Greenwood and are clearly seeking Rowell and Anderson together.

Seems like all the ingredients are in the pot for a potential Super-trade.

They can sell the trade if they get senior blokes like Greenwood and JJ in a trade as well as still getting a pick to draft a youngster. Total cake and eat it too for all the critics trade.

I watched the first half of the Suns vs Carlton game and Luko looked great. Seems to already be their teams designated kicker out of defense, which is pretty amazing when you think he's a 193cm, 18 year old kid in his first season. Lot of respect for his skills!

Still baffles me that people don't think this kid will make an impact. He will be a star!
Some of the kicks I've seen him nail this year in a s**t team, under pressure, millimetres of margin for error and he hits it. Looks composed already and he's in his 1st year in a team under the absolute pump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List of Irish players on AFL lists:
James Madden (Brisbane), Mark Keane (Collingwood), Anton Tohill (Collingwood), Conor McKenna (Essendon), Mark O'Connor (Geelong), Stefan Okunbor (Geelong), Zach Tuohy (Geelong), Pearce Hanley (Gold Coast), Callum Brown (Greater Western Sydney), Conor Glass (Hawthorn), Conor Nash (Hawthorn), Red Og Murphy (North Melbourne), Darragh Joyce (St Kilda), Colin O'Riordan (Sydney), Barry O'Connor (Sydney)*

After the antics of McKenna on the weekend, and the continued success of Irish players in recent years, why on earth haven't considered an Irish player at Adelaide?

James Madden (Brisbane), Mark Keane (Collingwood), Anton Tohill (Collingwood), Conor McKenna (Essendon), Mark O'Connor (Geelong), Stefan Okunbor (Geelong), Zach Tuohy (Geelong), Pearce Hanley (Gold Coast), Callum Brown (Greater Western Sydney), Conor Glass (Hawthorn), Conor Nash (Hawthorn), Red Og Murphy (North Melbourne), Darragh Joyce (St Kilda), Colin O'Riordan (Sydney), Barry O'Connor (Sydney)*

After the antics of McKenna on the weekend, and the continued success of Irish players in recent years, why on earth haven't considered an Irish player at Adelaide?

McKenna is quick, therefore all Irish players are quick?

We did

0e6b1b3db92f55e343f4167a2f90ed68

Where does it say we're keen to keep the buddies together when were ok to separate the kolo twins, the kings, the ah chees?
At this point I can't help but see something building. The first 3 picks at this point are GC, Melbourne, Crows

Lukosuis is being constantly talked about in Crows Trade scenarios
Keath being talked about as a Melbourne Target
GCS linked to interest in Greenwood and are clearly seeking Rowell and Anderson together.

Seems like all the ingredients are in the pot for a potential Super-trade.

I think we would much more rather trade the priority pick for a player if, and I hope we dont, get one

Problem with that logic is no player worth Pick number 2 wants to play on the GC. That’s not me taking pot shots at your club either, just a simple fact.

Cochrane knows that, hell the entire AFL community knows that. So him flagging that he wanted a pick 1 priority pick makes it pretty crystal clear what the clubs intentions are. I mean it’s not the Da Vinci Code mate

Lachie Weller did, I'd gladly take another Lachie Weller. 1 club will give us something whether he comes kicking and screaming or not for pick 2. I'm not taking pot shots either but doesn't Noah Anderson look like an explosive, tall, goal kicking midfielder that could give spark to the crows midfield?
Problem with that logic is no player worth Pick number 2 wants to play on the GC. That’s not me taking pot shots at your club either, just a simple fact.

Cochrane knows that, hell the entire AFL community knows that. So him flagging that he wanted a pick 1 priority pick makes it pretty crystal clear what the clubs intentions are. I mean it’s not the Da Vinci Code mate

IMO Luko would the perfect Lynch replacement
Did used to think that myself. Got a big tank and can get up and back like Lynch.

I’ve changed on that though - I think he will end up being more the Walker replacement. Such a beautiful field kick and lead up player. Can see him controlling CHF and sweeping around with 40-50 field kicks deep into the forward area.

Himmelberg and Fog to play the support roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back