List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

We didnt lose them. We showed them the door.

We arent SOS level of stupid anymore

Thanks GreyCrow saved me the trouble of giving a backhander to a SOS disciple.

Just how stupid is the average Carlton poster?

My name geoff more like my name campaigner.

You still don’t get the point, and what’s more embarrassing is that what you are disputing is an absolute red herring that you’re choosing focus on to block out the actual facts of the matter. You will continue to do so no doubt (embarrassingly) as you have managed to convince yourself the crows have done well this trade period and the facts hurt this world you’ve created for yourself.

Don't think anyone's claiming we did well out of this trade period, we got future picks for our NGA/ father-son players next year and got older players off the books so we can promote young talent into the 22 next year whilst maintaining the bulk of experienced players. Which is something a lot of supporters have been waiting to see. This along with a fresh group of coaches hopefully has us playing a more exciting brand of footy.

I'm fairly sure that the reverse was true.

Any deficit points are subtracted from the 1st round pick, and working backwards from there.

This is what i was thinking of: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-08/league-adds-safety-net-to-draft-future-picks

I don't know if it's been outdated though

"Any points incurred for these later round players can be repaid in the round the bid is received, after the AFL tweaked its new set of rules so that a first-round draft position was only altered if a bid came in the previous year’s first round."

Sometimes you don't need hindsight to form correct opinions, without any supposed "experience"

I knew at the time that trading Jarryd Lyons for pick 44 was a bad deal. Now, several years later, it's definitively a bad deal.
Lot of People seem to forget re the Loyns trade, He was never going to sign the contract on the table to him by the Crows, and the Crows were never going to offer him a better deal, he was destined for the PSD,
Back then the question would have been, nothing or pick 44.
So it, not the trade that was the issue it was the contract offer and reason why, and there have been a lot stories about that.

All 100% true. It does however take an enormous amount of delusion to not see any of those things.

I would argue that Otten was cooked before the 2017 GF. He should never have been picked - that decision cost us any hope at all and was one of the main reasons Teague left.

Sauce was definitely cooked in 2018. He was in fact cooked half way through 2017 and should have been given a chance to rest up - but continuity is key apparently. Shame he couldn't get off the ground in the last 5 games of the year...

Not just continuity, don’t forget that Sauce also thrives on huge workload. Basically Sauce is up for anything that denies a competitor for his spot an opportunity.

Give it up Purple FFS, you were talking s**t all trade period re Brad Crouch wanting out...somebody get the poor bastard a flannel to clean up the egg all over his face.

What's Barrett saying about your club? What's he saying about the AFL? Check it out.

Adelaide Crows

If the Crows are broken ...
then according to those who know him best, the appointment of Matty Nicks as coach is sound. Relationship builder. And he had only 24 hours, but he managed to convince Brad Crouch's desire to stay, too. Crouch really liked the Saints' approach, and he loved the Suns' financial numbers.

Give it up Purple FFS, you were talking s**t all trade period re Brad Crouch wanting out...somebody get the poor bastard a flannel to clean up the egg all over his face.

What's Barrett saying about your club? What's he saying about the AFL? Check it out.

Adelaide Crows

Ifthe Crows are broken ...
thenaccording to those who know him best, the appointment of Matty Nicks as coach is sound. Relationship builder. And he had only 24 hours, but he managed to convince Brad Crouch's desire to stay, too. Crouch really liked the Saints' approach, and he loved the Suns' financial numbers.

Nicks only had 24hrs to convince a guy to stay even though he really wanted to leave...

Bloody good the Nicks bloke 🙄

I guess as we sit here today, we can categorically say Lamo Barret was wrong

I employed the same Crow logic to a random scenario to illustrate how ridiculous you guys sound. The players are irrelevant. Surely you can grasp this??
Hey you recruited betts as your big fish this year..he is closer to 40 than 25 (sorry i forgot the hawthorn 5th string ruck you also scrounged). SOSSAGE screwed up again as all you mob were banging on about all year was how it didn't matter what pick you got from the crows that it was to be traded for a player. Looks like that didn't work out so now it really is 2 picks between 10 & 20 after the tom green and most likely freo academy kids get bid on for a top 5 pick..great stuff

Lot of People seem to forget re the Loyns trade, He was never going to sign the contract on the table to him by the Crows, and the Crows were never going to offer him a better deal, he was destined for the PSD,
Back then the question would have been, nothing or pick 44.
So it, not the trade that was the issue it was the contract offer and reason why, and there have been a lot stories about that.
Carlton fked up big time not taking him with our 1st for gibbs. He would have been behind only cripps as their best mid had he gone there..

Carlton fked up big time not taking him with our 1st for gibbs. He would have been behind only cripps as their best mid had he gone there..

They found it offensive to take our "leftovers" at the time IMO.

In hindsight, Im glad they did, if he produced those kind of Lions performances with Carlton, would have felt like multiple swift kicks to the balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide, Carlton and the Suns all ****ed up so badly with Lyons. It's pretty gratifying watching him do well at Brisbane.

Keays from Brissy just delisted. Seem to remember him having quite a bit of fanfare on his draft year.

Anyone have any more info on him these days? Would he be worth a lifeline?

Keays from Brissy just delisted. Seem to remember him having quite a bit of fanfare on his draft year.

Fits the age profile, but he seems to have fallen off a cliff

Bloody impressive in some of the NEAFL games I watched this season spending quite a bit of time forward. 43 goals in season 2019. GCS would be crazy not to grab him.

Of their delistees he's the one I'd pick up.

Sometimes I think these guys get unfairly looked at, but it's different being delisted from the 2nd best side all year than the 18th

Unless you're Jarryd Lyons.

Of their delistees he's the one I'd pick up.

Sometimes I think these guys get unfairly looked at, but it's different being delisted from the 2nd best side all year than the 18th

Unless you're Jarryd Lyons.
Funny you mention Jarryd I'm a bit surprised his brother Corey didn't get the axe, finds truckloads of the pill in the NEAFL but 3 years on the main list without an AFL game he must have been close this time with the young midfield depth they have on their list. Not particularly damaging with his disposals to my eye.

He played reasonably well against Port this year. We're pretty well stocked for mid/HFF types though.

My guess is we are balancing the books for the deals we gave to Sloane and Lynch. If not then any cap space will be given to Brad Crouch in the next few weeks. Expect a massive deal for him to be announced soon as part of the post review spin.

I should hope not - Lynch & Sloane should be giving us money back
Brad Crouch - yes, he's good and coming into his prime

Not just continuity, don’t forget that Sauce also thrives on huge workload. Basically Sauce is up for anything that denies a competitor for his spot an opportunity.
Yep , read 2016 and 2017 when he really needed a couple of rest games each season before the finals and when put to him he blunted the thought and said he was good to go .

not as much as we fked up. He’d only be behind Brad Crouch in our midfield.

It's going to be helpful going forward if people stop perpetuating the fantasy that Brad Crouch is our best midfielder.

Rory Sloane is our best midfielder, has been since Dangerfield left, and probably will be until one of our under 22s goes past him as he's winding down, hopefully anyway.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back