Preview 2019 Draft General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

justsayin

Draftee
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Been playing a lot of school football this year but Louis Butler is right up there for Sandringham next year, another to add to the list
The 2013 Victorian U12 team.

Anderson, Carafa, Maginness, Mahony, McAsey, Rowell, Serong, Smith, Stephens and Williams are still thereabouts 5 years later.
voss,brazionis,sturgess,burke also still playing good footy

justsayin

Draftee
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
My two draft bolters before rep footy well real rep ha
De koning must be going up in the scounts board each week.. reckon the hawks would be all over him if a weak tall draft..

Louis butler smooth off hb and racks up stats. Reckon these two will bolt up mock drafts
both seem ok but no where near the top level guys.no standout qualities but stiw time to impress recruiters

TheGeneralmeg

Senior List
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
There are some very light kids in Allies.
How do they cope vs SA or WA?
Some of the GWS and Gold Coast kids are well built and have been playing against men in the NEAFL for a year. The Swans and Lions kids haven’t had the same opportunity as they have had most of their AFL players available each week

Blood red

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Some of the GWS and Gold Coast kids are well built and have been playing against men in the NEAFL for a year. The Swans and Lions kids haven’t had the same opportunity as they have had most of their AFL players available each week
Several of the Swans players have had a couple of runs in the NEAFL this year.
All would have played a few in 2018.
A couple played in the elimination final against Canberra, and 3 in the GF!

Blood red

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
My question actually wonders if the Allies would be wise getting big bodies, or it doesn't really matter.
I have no idea what WA is built like, but have heard that SA is a bigger team.

QLD Lion 2019

Debutant
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Lions AFL have no real injury count so Academy boys not getting the same opportunity in the NEAFL as the Suns Academy players by the sounds.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

TheGeneralmeg

Senior List
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Lions AFL have no real injury count so Academy boys not getting the same opportunity in the NEAFL as the Suns Academy players by the sounds.

Yeah someone like Martyn would have only played one or two neafl where Budarick , Gore and Oea would have played about 7. Whether that means they are more developed footballers than those not playing neafl who knows

Last edited:

QLD Lion 2019

Debutant
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah someone like Martyn would have only played one or two neafl where Budarick , Gore and Oea would have played about 7

I think Martin played a practice match for the Lions early in the year but nothing since. Pretty sure a few train with Aspley NEAFL but need a consistent run at training to be be considered for selection. It’s a shame some NEAFL / QAFL Clubs don’t seem to share the love for the Academy players when they are available.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
There are some very light kids in Allies.
How do they cope vs SA or WA?
My question actually wonders if the Allies would be wise getting big bodies, or it doesn't really matter.
I have no idea what WA is built like, but have heard that SA is a bigger team.
The point of the Allies is to play the kids the recruiters and clubs want to see, who they believe are potential draft prospects. It's not actually to win the Championships.

If the kids are light bodied, that's on their academy for not having the kids doing the appropriate weight program.

Blood red

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
The point of the Allies is to play the kids the recruiters and clubs want to see, who they believe are potential draft prospects. It's not actually to win the Championships.

If the kids are light bodied, that's on their academy for not having the kids doing the appropriate weight program.
I agree with you 100%
The reason i ask is because there are some very light kids that are the so called "bees knees"..
But without balance across the park, they will get eaten.
That's intetesting. I didn't realise that it was simply a job interview.
So does that mean that the 50 players in the squad that get broken down to a playing group actually have Power and Sheehan and co. decide for the recruiters?

TheGeneralmeg

Senior List
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah someone like Martyn would have only played one or two neafl where Budarick , Gore and Oea would have played about 7
I agree with you 100%
The reason i ask is because there are some very light kids that are the so called "bees knees"..
So does that mean that the 50 players in the squad that get broken down to a playing group actually have Power and Sheehan and co. decide for the recruiters?
Who would be the top 10 draft prospect from Qld and NSW this year

Dede

Senior List
May 10, 2019
Sandy
AFL Club
St Kilda
I went a bit cold on philp but he is looking great today. And my love affair of sturgess is stronger then ever he took the best mark you will see at under 18 level before.

QLD Lion 2019

Debutant
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I agree with you 100%

Didn’t Luke Power say in an interview that the original 30 players in each State/Allies Academy were selected prior to Christmas by club recruiters and the extra 20 would be from performance at the NAB League games.

TheGeneralmeg

Senior List
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
The extra 20 they chose look to be bigger bodied, have played against me nand probably were unlucky not to have been chosen in the first place. A player like Peating physically could play AFL tommorow if he was thrown in there

Blood red

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
The extra 20 they chose look to be bigger bodied, have played against me nand probably were unlucky not to have been chosen in the first place. A player like Peating physically could play AFL tommorow if he was thrown in there
Again, I agree 100%.
Do they put a quota on under agers or over agers in each game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back