List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Twomey in his November phantom form guide thinks Serong will be a slider and could get to Port's pick.

Where does he go?
Now looking like a player who sits in the back half of the top-10. Melbourne (pick No.8) and Carlton (No.9) are likely to consider if he's still on the board there, while Fremantle, at pick 10, may also look closely. Could he get through to Port at No.12?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-20/cal-twomeys-2019-phantom-form-guide-november-update

IMO the concern about Gould’s size isn’t that he only looks good because he’s bigger (because the best things about him aren’t busting packs etc) but the degree to which he might slow down as he physically matures (even with weight kept in check)

IMO the concern about Gould’s size isn’t that he only looks good because he’s bigger (because the best things about him aren’t busting packs etc) but the degree to which he might slow down as he physically matures (even with weight kept in check)
My concern with Gould is we won’t pick him

The one thing that pisses me off about Gould is that he’s always streaming forward for the handball receive when he goes for a run in every piece of vision I’ve seen and not shepherding for his teammates. When he goes laterally it’s fine, but he’s always selling himself into trouble. You’re looking at the equivalent of a Port inside 50 that goes nowhere, but with rebound 50s.

That, coupled with writing himself off after a poxy SANFL GF win, tells me that he’s primarily concerned about himself than anyone else. I don’t care if he’s talented - it’s a hard pass from me.

Would anyone use pick 16 or 18 on Weightman?
How do Weightman and Pickett compare?
PRO WEIGHTMAN: has Sam Gray-esque intent to create an option (not a criticism!) and is a regular producer

PRO PICKETT: Looks amazing sometimes, more physical in contest, is a Pickett

The whole "big kid dominating little kids" is very overrated.

I don't understand what the actual concern is there? Do people think they're full size already and therefore will be average size at AFL level? It's a lot more likely a bigger, stronger junior will become a bigger, stronger senior than a smaller, scrawnier junior will become a bigger, stronger senior.

Tom Green is bigger and stronger than everyone else and no one has doubts about that carrying over. Patrick Cripps and Bontempelli were bigger and stronger and they remained so. Our own co-captain is another example.

And for Gould, that's not even his style - he's already proven he's got the strength to match up against men in the SANFL, but his game is about intercepting and rebounding, so his size is kind of irrelevant to how well he'll do that at AFL level. His one on one defensive work is as good as any in the pool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've lost a bit of respect for Buckenarra after his latest take on what Port should go after at the draft.

PORT ADELAIDE
The Power are armed with three first-round picks and there are some nice small forwards I’d look at with at least one of those early selections, given the departure of Sam Gray, midfielder-forward Robbie Gray will be 32 in March and Connor Rozee should develop into a midfielder. Overall though, the Port Adelaide recruiters can go best available as there isn’t really a standout need on the list. Have enough points to match a bid for father-son prospect Jackson Mead.

Draft picks: 12, 16, 18, 52, 55, 66, 67, 68, 72, 86

Some of the laziest writing i have ever seen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With at least one academy selection - Green, after GWS pick. So unless Melb do something outside the box and bid on him very good chance they are all gone.

Intersting that Macca has Worrell (and Gould) not McAsey in there, think McAsey goes first so maybe we take Worrel or 12 or one of those may slide. Still hopeful (but not at all optimistic) that we can take McAsey at 12 an one of Worrell or Gould at 16...

Dont want worrell. A self proclaimed ‘third tall’, is not what we need... its probably the last thing we need. Unless they can be a true KPD, don’t bother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole "big kid dominating little kids" is very overrated.

I don't understand what the actual concern is there? Do people think they're full size already and therefore will be average size at AFL level? It's a lot more likely a bigger, stronger junior will become a bigger, stronger senior than a smaller, scrawnier junior will become a bigger, stronger senior.

Tom Green is bigger and stronger than everyone else and no one has doubts about that carrying over. Patrick Cripps and Bontempelli were bigger and stronger and they remained so. Our own co-captain is another example.

And for Gould, that's not even his style - he's already proven he's got the strength to match up against men in the SANFL, but his game is about intercepting and rebounding, so his size is kind of irrelevant to how well he'll do that at AFL level. His one on one defensive work is as good as any in the pool.

The concern is that they are already fully matured and have no/minimal development left in them. Which is valid as there are plenty of examples of that being true too. So you need to weigh up whether they:
A) have more improvement to come (Cripps, Bont, Rowell too i would think)
B) Are dominant because of physical maturity, or whether that is just a compliment to their smarts
C) are dominant solely because of size

Collins clearly fell into C category.

I dont think bullying on kids is relevant to Gould given he played the whole season at league level and played an important role in a premiership

I like Gould. He wants the ball, he's a good kick, aggressive and takes the game on. The only issue is if we need Gould is a need particularly when lachlan jones looks a very similar type. But... I like Gould.

I'm hoping someone takes Stephens before our first pick. I find him very meh. He is a nice player but I don't see any weapons.

I’m blanking on a Clark in this draft?

I’ve been pushing rantall a bit on this board. He was my dream pick at 29.

I have my doubts about mead. We will be paying unders for him with picks in the 50’s being paid for him and I don’t think a bid comes in early though so that’s alright.

You don’t like guys like Robertson and serong?
Clark = sharp. Obviously a late night dream time post.
Serong should be closer to pick 3 than pick 12.
Robertson I haven't watched yet.
Rantall I would not blink if we took him at 12.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back