List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not so sure. It wouldn't be too hard to spruik to "insiders" that you were chasing a fake name player with less hysteria to prevent being "outbid" by another team with similar interests.

Every club knows roughly what everyone else is doing because everyone talks. Recruiters to recruiters, recruiters to players, players to managers, managers to club officials and all of them talk to the media. Putting a decoy out there won’t fool Wells for instance who would know exactly what we’re planning and has the cards to out flank us.

I’m absolutely not saying it won’t happen, but rather the odds of us moving up are slim and slim again that we do it to nab the player you like. All up it’s my advice to not watch more intently to what will be a boring as bat s**t production in the faintest of hopes that an outcome you favour transpires. Do it for other reasons 👍

It's the 2019 National Draft next week, for sure. That draft is always named after the year in which it is held. It's different with the Rookie and Pre-Season Drafts - they are named after the following year.

Plenty of media outlets (and others) get it wrong, but the upcoming Rookie Draft is officially the 2020 one!

I thought that stopped being a thing as of last year - they're all referred to by the year in which they are held now I think.

Historically it made sense with the pre-season and rookie drafts being in mid-December (with draftees not starting full training until January iirc), but with it all happening at the same time now and all draftees starting in December now it makes sense to label them all as 2019 draftees.

Alright, someone explain that trade to me.

We are obviously keen to improve our second pick for this year and we are going balls deep on Reef making it next year (so points)??

Every club knows roughly what everyone else is doing because everyone talks. Recruiters to recruiters, recruiters to players, players to managers, managers to club officials and all of them talk to the media. Putting a decoy out there won’t fool Wells for instance who would know exactly what we’re planning and has the cards to out flank us.

I’m absolutely not saying it won’t happen, but rather the odds of us moving up are slim and slim again that we do it to nab the player you like. All up it’s my advice to not watch more intently to what will be a boring as bat s**t production in the faintest of hopes that an outcome you favour transpires. Do it for other reasons 👍

I just know after taking Sier that anything is possible!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

collingwood_fc's profile picture

collingwood_fc
Verified

“Basically, we have brought in another pick to work with this year but not at any significant cost to our draft position next year given we have a future second from St Kilda in 2020.” - Collingwood list manager, Ned Guy said

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back