Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
I thought Noble is on the senior list
Not 100% sure, but it’s hard to get info. The CFC site is poor, but I think the mid season pick last year was a rookie pick??
Yes, Noble is on the Rookie List. The mid-year draft was indeed a rookie draft and he hasn't been elevated.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Madgen, Keane, Tohill, Mihocek, Broomhead, Noble and Appleby are all on the Rookie list.. that’s 7. ??
Wilson also is a Cat. B Rookie. We'll have the maximum 6 Cat A Rookies (when Dunn/or someone else gets added) and already have the maximum 3 Cat. B Rookies.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How’s Dunn tracking? What date do they have to make a call on him by?

I think it’s most likely the spot is his...but if not, what alternative player might they go with? Or will they keep the spot vacant until mid season draft?

I think it’s most likely the spot is his...but if not, what alternative player might they go with? Or will they keep the spot vacant until mid season draft?

Sounds he going very well and Set to be Rookied as long as he stays Injury Free

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

March 13 is the cutoff date for the SSP.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
So can prospects play in Pre-Season Games?
Good question, but no I wouldn't imagine so, given they are technically not on the list yet.Unless of course they get picked up around when the games start.
Yes, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to play in any "official" pre-season games.

Edit: This is from AFL Rules (effective 9 May 2019) and (b) should cover this situation:
1580008886605.png

Last edited:

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will broomheadbe on LTI? Others saying out til mid season?

career over it seems

Never really produced

Feel like Langdon is cooked to

Should of traded whilst currency was high

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

career over it seems

Never really produced

Langdon's currency would have been at it's highest at the end of 2018, after he was one of the best afield in the Grand Final. Why would we have wanted to let him go at that stage, especially given our problems with height in defence?

Last year he had a serious injury issue.

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

career over it seems

Never really produced

Langdon has missed pretty much a season and come back playing his best footy. Nothing to suggest he can’t do it again.

In terms of Broomhead I totally agree. Still can’t believe we signed him for another year and just wasted a spot.

Langdon has missed pretty much a season and come back playing his best footy. Nothing to suggest he can’t do it again.

In terms of Broomhead I totally agree. Still can’t believe we signed him for another year and just wasted a spot.

Just to make Grundy Happy. So Not Needed anymore ;)

kallangur pie

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

I hope Langdon does make it back he has a been very good and reliable player for us right from day 1,we keep hearing he has a bone on bone issue and it does not appear to improving very fast if training is any indicator which be a terrible outcome for Tommy and us,I have liked and rated Tommy right from the start when he started as an 18 yr old and gave Thomas a mouthful in 1 of his 1st games.

Broomy I think has been blessed to be on the list for 8 yrs and he has been unfortunate to be injured when it looked like clicking him but at the of the day he has had 8 seasons more than enough really.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been very unlucky with our signings and re-signings in the last 12 months. Beams mental health, Greenwood knee, Varcoe shoulder, Broomhead leg complications.

But their long term absence gives opportunity to the likes of Sier, T Brown, Quaynor, Noble, Atu B and later on in the year perhaps Bianco and Rantall.

We need to keep blooding the next wave of youth if we are going to sustain it long term as a top 8 quality side.

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
Possibly replace him straight away (as well as bringing Dunn in) if he retires prior to that date, but I suspect they'd keep the spot open for the mid-season rookie draft.
Knightmare, do you know if anyone who is worth adding to the list that could fill a need and play straight away - ala Marlon Pickett?

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Knightmare, do you know if anyone who is worth adding to the list that could fill a need and play straight away - ala Marlon Pickett?

Depends what we want. I don't see anyone Marlion Pickett great to start that off, but the following state leaguers are situational types who can fit in and play a role if you let them do them.

If it's all about immediate performance the best options are:
Angus Baker (NEAFL HBF)
Ben Sokol (WAFL Med Marking Fwd)
Sam Lowson (VFL Crumbing Fwd)
Jye Bolton (WAFL Mid In/Out)
Luke Partington (SANFL Mid)

I liked a lot of the undrafted kids last year also. None of them are immediate but types with scope to develop. Joshua Shute (classy outside mid) was one of my top-30 prospects and should have been picked - there were guys taken in the first round I favour Shute to. There are some developable key defenders in Brodie Newman, Dyson Hilder, Karl Finlay and Nicholas Murray. Bailey Schmidt I like as a ruckman if we wanted another developing. They're all sorts I'd say - come train with us.

Shute, Baker, Sokol and Lowson are the guys I'd be strongest in encouraging Collingwood look at.

Back