List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My thoughts exactly. Great talent, injuries a worry. And with our recent run of injuries and IMO questionable medical team, I’m worried.

With a new Chief Medical Officer on board this year and Nick Poulos also now at the club I have a tad more hope then a few months ago but only time will tell

Last edited:
just feel
I'd have used the word 'stupid'!

Xavier O'Halloran for me now - speed & endurance; leadership too: quality player/person.
Just feel Hill is a perfect complement for the team - endurance, acceleration and quality ball use. Would be nice to see someone develop in Scully's role. My only concern for him is his character and personality.

Just feel Hill is a perfect complement for the team - endurance, acceleration and quality ball use. Would be nice to see someone develop in Scully's role. My only concern for him is his character and personality.
I'd agree with both parts of that post - but the second part (the concern) outweighs the first (the skill/excitement) in my mind. Guess we'll see in seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good one! Looking forward to tomorrow and pretty happy with our pickups today. Hope we can sneak one more in before our next pick but can see Adelaide putting the bid in for Briggs.

Good leadership and quality characters from all 3 of our players. Caldwell - VIC Country co-captain. Jackson Hateley - school captain. O'Hallaran - Western Jets captain. Mustve been a real emphasis!

So the S.A draft embargo finally over
Stated a number of times this guy was my biggest draft want.. Love it
Caldwell a great pick, would have preferred Valente at the last instead of O'Hallorahan but not disappointed.

A bit concerning, with no early picks for 2019 it would seem they may have an FA or 2 lined up. Think they will still have quite a few list changes to make next year as well.
Their brimming with young high draft picks. Not all will make it, that's inevitable and they will need to make list changes.. If they follow the usual path it's more likely they will trade to fill holes for a while now.

I still think the draft should be done over the 1 day/night to get it over with and for the kids to find out where they are going as for those on the edge of first round selection it will be a nervous night with no sleep
Super happy with Caldwell and O'Halloran and I am sure Hately will be a good pick up and being the first S.A player the club has selected since the early days of the club but just feel the club hasn't picked up an outside runner with speed but hopefully with one more pick and Briggs the club can pick up a speedy outside player although I can't see them being ready to play in 2019 but I think Whitfield, Deledio, Williams, Tomlinson and Kelly will spend time on the wings
Although O'Halloran tested well in the combine so maybe he will be more outside until his body matures
7= kicking efficiency
9 2km Time trial 6.14
5=Yo-yo 21.6
8 20m sprint 2.96
2 Agility 8.063
One thing with the 3 players selected is the leadership of them which to me indicates a maturity and an ability to adapt to life away from home so glad with that
With the selection of Hately interested if #25 is still live they draft another S.A boy in McLennan?

I think we can refer to them as the Sneaky Swans now after the trade with the Eagles, I am sure it was mentioned in a post somewhere on the trading forum that a club could make that move and good on the Swans for doing it as I thought it was strange they had #38 #39 #40 but also 2 earlier picks and I am sure some of the VFLers will be upset and call it unfair
The move by the Blues was interesting and no doubt they have a need for midfield depth in this years draft and it will be interesting to see how that trade plays out over the next 5-10 years as it could be #1-#4 for #19 + #12 or higher

I still think the draft should be done over the 1 day/night to get it over with and for the kids to find out where they are going as for those on the edge of first round selection it will be a nervous night with no sleep.

I just feel the club hasn't picked up an outside runner with speed but hopefully with one more pick and Briggs the club can pick up a speedy outside player although I can't see them being ready to play in 2019 but I think Whitfield, Deledio, Williams, Tomlinson and Kelly will spend time on the wings

One thing with the 3 players selected is the leadership of them which to me indicates a maturity and an ability to adapt to life away from home so glad with that.

With the selection of Hately interested if #25 is still live they draft another S.A boy in McLennan?
Agree with much of that. 2 days is silly. I'd have liked to grab Xavier Duursma as someone who can play inside and outside and hence be an outside runner to start with, but que sera sera. I reckon the draft team have focussed on character as much as skill with those selections - hopefully it pays off for us!

If we're lucky, we'll take our fourth pick before anyone bids on Briggs; but if not, then the later pick (currently #47) will be a bit more speculative. Depending on exactly where the pick comes, I could see SA boys McLennan or Jacob Kennerley (a traditional wingman) or Zac Foot or Lachlan Sholl being options; or the VFL player mentioned during the week, Brett Bewly who's described as 'one of the top gut-runners' (who does that remind you of?) They could take a punt on Ian Hill in the second round, or try to grab Sydney Stack or Jarrod Cameron too. I'm not too fussed - reckon we've done well to date and can afford to take another risk.

Last edited:
I think we can refer to them as the Sneaky Swans now after the trade with the Eagles, I am sure it was mentioned in a post somewhere on the trading forum that a club could make that move and good on the Swans for doing it as I thought it was strange they had #38 #39 #40 but also 2 earlier picks and I am sure some of the VFLers will be upset and call it unfair
The move by the Blues was interesting and no doubt they have a need for midfield depth in this years draft and it will be interesting to see how that trade plays out over the next 5-10 years as it could be #1-#4 for #19 + #12 or higher
I think that clubs should only be allowed to be involved in one trade on draft night, otherwise sneaky things can happen. I think the afl allowed these west coast-sydney trades as it generates discussion and attention in their off season.

I think that clubs should only be allowed to be involved in one trade on draft night, otherwise sneaky things can happen. I think the afl allowed these west coast-sydney trades as it generates discussion and attention in their off season.
I say well played to the Swans. We fired a shot and they dodged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back