List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
THink we'll end up doing the 6 & future first rounder for 3 + something back in the second or third round next year & also trade out Bonar - we need the points to match on the Green bid if it comes after our first pick. Otherwise we'd go massively into deficit.

THink we'll end up doing the 6 & future first rounder for 3 + something back in the second or third round next year & also trade out Bonar - we need the points to match on the Green bid if it comes after our first pick. Otherwise we'd go massively into deficit.
That is why I think our trade for 6 was wrong . We are wasting points. I think getting a pick before green had to be done by trading a player for an early pick. Maybe we should have accepted carltons 2019 first last year for dylan shiel. I would do 3 and melbournes 4th rounder for 6 and next years 2nd and 3rd rounder. I don't want to give up next year's first pick.

That is why I think our trade for 6 was wrong . We are wasting points. I think getting a pick before green had to be done by trading a player for an early pick. Maybe we should have accepted carltons 2019 first last year for dylan shiel. I would do 3 and melbournes 4th rounder for 6 and next years 2nd and 3rd rounder. I don't want to give up next year's first pick.
It is not America... we cant trade players to places they don't want to go. The carlton deal wasn't something we COULD accept

Essendon and North keen on Bonar.

North probably better for us in that they have some early 2nd round picks and are much easier to deal with than Dodoro. They also have cap space to accomodate his wage.

We are crazy. Didn't he set the draft camp record for vertical leap? Teach him to play second ruck, has to be better than Tomlinson.

We are crazy. Didn't he set the draft camp record for vertical leap? Teach him to play second ruck, has to be better than Tomlinson.
I don't see him offering as much (that we don't already have) as Caldwell, XO or Hill, and I think Hately is a better version, I am content if he moves for opportunity and we get a decent trade outcome

No he’s not. He can play. Just needs to get a bit more of a tank.
I actually think he’ll be the kind of player if he gets 4-5 weeks at the first team he’ll be a star. I think he is the ultimate confidence player.
However he hasn’t shown anything like that for us. Trade now while we can get something. Especially if we save $$$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonar for a future third

Meh
Obviously keen on the salary dump. The club hoped he had some value on his own but no one seemed keen - probably seen Carlton burned too many times.

Honestly, is the kid any good?

He had two years left on his contract.

Have we got ourselves a steal, or have we picked up the tab for somebody else's party?

Has shown signs, coming from a long way back with early injury.

We tend to sign our draftees to extensions pretty early, common practice at the club, that’s what caught McCarthy a few years ago.

Hopefully you’ve got a steal.

Setterfield and now this. I don't understand this, paying salary overs tactic. Not much to win and plenty to lose. If they don't wanna be here for a minimal pay increase from the standard draftees contract then let them go. Load the contracts with incentives, minimum games played, top 10 B&F finish, payday. * this rubbish of paying overs to stay for 3rd or 4th year players who have barely played.

Honestly, is the kid any good?

He had two years left on his contract.

Have we got ourselves a steal, or have we picked up the tab for somebody else's party?
His potential is as unknown to us as was Paul Ahern's.
Bonar always looked good, but there were nagging inconsistencies.

So, started with 39 players on the main list, removed 5 (the 3 non-retirements essentially salary dumps & achieving list space) and added 1 to end up with 35 at the moment. That allows us 5 vacant spots on the list; for which we have 4 picks with points (#s 6, 40, 59 & 60). We still have Mumford to confirm he's extending his contract, and 2 on the rookie list that need to be either delisted or upgraded. I'd expect with the difference between spots and useful picks that we'll upgrade one of Stein / Sproule to the main list - but that's not cut and dried. We can obviously still trade picks for some time up towards draft night, so there could be a remaining twist. Draft night I'd expect to take maybe even just 2 players (if we've done a rookie upgrade) and maybe take extra rookies.

Wonder how/if we will pick up Delahunty as well. Would think he is similarly important given our lack of tall forward depth with Patton leaving for peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back