Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much difference though is it, your 7, my 8

Bit of a difference between 6 and 10 though ;)

For me,
Lobbe, LeBois, Garlett, Fasolo delisted.

Possible delisting/trade/retirement
Phillips, Lang, Kerr, Goddard, Simpson

Much less likely:
Levi (leaves for FA offer), Daisy (cut)

The reason I think there'll be less changes (apart from the Club saying so), is our lack of currency to replace players. And

Re. List Turnover:

A lot will depend on the new coach.
If for instance a Voss or Clarkson got the role, they may wish for a little time to evaluate the list post round 23.
If Teague does get the job though, it will likely be swift and we'll have 5 to 6 names wiped before the first week of the finals.

The other thing is that you don't want to move too many players off, if you haven't good draft picks.
No pointy replacing something you have with something inferior or more players in the 'project' status. No more project players for now.

What I'd like to see, even if I don't like to wipe players -

LeBois - 3 years on the rookie list and there will be no more.
Lobbe - Make him our ruck coach. Just do it.
Lang - Seen enough to know he isn't the right fit for this club.
Garlett - If Teague wanted to see what he's got, opportunity was there. I feel Teague has seen enough.
Fasolo - One year contract. Trigger left dormant. Thank you and see you.

They're the first 5 I feel could go after our season is done.

Several more on tenterhooks until after the trade period, including Kerr, Goddard, Phillips.

Not taking into account Casboult moving on and Simpson retiring....so it looks that about 8 players this year. That seems to be the magical number.

I doubt Lang would be in the immediate cut. The other 4 sure, but I think they'd wait at least until after the trade period with Lang.

You’re kidding aren’t you?

Got more of the ball than 8 of his team mates, went at 76% disposal efficiency and earns himself a free. But I suppose giving away two free kicks is all you saw and is enough to banish him forever.

Pffft
Take away those couple of glaring mistakes and it was a pretty solid outing. Was clean bringing the ball out of defence and wasn't noticeably bad defensively. Got lost with the footy in traffic and needs to be more decisive in those situations and take the first option, for now. The awkwardness and uncertainty of some of his mistakes unfortunately could've overshadowed for some what was a reasonable debut.

The reason I think there'll be less changes (apart from the Club saying so), is our lack of currency to replace players.

Let's try it and side with a little optimism.

FA's and DFA's - 2
2019 first rounder for a player and a 2nd or 3rd rounder coming back for a player or draftee - 2
Two third rounders - 1 for a player and 1 to the draft - 2
2020 first rounder (if we get real lucky) - 1
Rookies - 2

That's the nine players and should that come about, it's clear that we'd be grading up and by some way.

Re. List Turnover:

A lot will depend on the new coach.
If for instance a Voss or Clarkson got the role, they may wish for a little time to evaluate the list post round 23.
If Teague does get the job though, it will likely be swift and we'll have 5 to 6 names wiped before the first week of the finals.

The other thing is that you don't want to move too many players off, if you haven't good draft picks.
No pointy replacing something you have with something inferior or more players in the 'project' status. No more project players for now.

What I'd like to see, even if I don't like to wipe players -

LeBois - 3 years on the rookie list and there will be no more.
Lobbe - Make him our ruck coach. Just do it.
Lang - Seen enough to know he isn't the right fit for this club.
Garlett - If Teague wanted to see what he's got, opportunity was there. I feel Teague has seen enough.
Fasolo - One year contract. Trigger left dormant. Thank you and see you.

They're the first 5 I feel could go after our season is done.

Several more on tenterhooks until after the trade period, including Kerr, Goddard, Phillips.

Not taking into account Casboult moving on and Simpson retiring....so it looks that about 8 players this year. That seems to be the magical number.
Would love Lobbe as ruck coach

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's try it and side with a little optimism.

FA's and DFA's - 2
2019 first rounder for a player and a 2nd or 3rd rounder coming back for a player or draftee - 2
Two third rounders - 1 for a player and 1 to the draft - 2
2020 first rounder (if we get real lucky) - 1
Rookies - 2

That's the nine players and should that come about, it's clear that we'd be grading up and by some way.

Hmmm, Crows crash to 10th - Pick 8 to Sydney for Papley and Cameron.
Coniglio FA.
Future 2nd and 2019 3rd to GC for Martin.

Get something back for Kerr.
Take 3rd, 4th, Kerr pick to the draft.

Still think we only take 1 rookie pick.
So for me, best case/biggest change is 8.

For me,

Much less likely:

The reason I think there'll be less changes (apart from the Club saying so), is our lack of currency to replace players. And

Well that is 11 players and while I agree they won't all be moved on, it does give you a different perspective when you start naming them

For me,

Much less likely:

Fasolo such a big misttake.

Agree with that.
Which other FAs?

A few mentioned here

Then a raft of OOC players that would also improve us

Robertson, Max Lynch, Tippa, Langdon, Martin, Amon, Sam Gray, Butler, Baker, Bolton, Zak Jones, to name a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few mentioned here

Then a raft of OOC players that would also improve us

Robertson, Max Lynch, Tippa, Langdon, Martin, Amon, Sam Gray, Butler, Baker, Bolton, Zak Jones, to name a few

Not seeing too many FAs that I'd be interested in

Why?

Any other FA/DFA's you think we could and should have taken instead?
If he was 1 year, then fine not a massive error. If 3 years as some people have posted, then that's too long.

And your logic is flawed. Just because there wasns't anyone better, doesn't mean we had to take him. We could've banked the space or restructured other deals to pay more up front.

You're like those millenials who don't save and spend their entire pay packet as soon as they get it. Irresponsible.

I think Schumacher will remain on the list, there is plenty of room for growth if the club is patient

We also have a number of defenders that are older in that area, compared to the rest of the squad, in Simmo, Daisy, injury concerns with Doc and Willo
There are much better small and medium defenders sitting on other teams list that we could happily put on decent coin for 2 years if it's such a concern.

They're also a dime a dozen in the draft. We don't need more defensive bruisers, we need run and carry and players who are a bit more dynamic out of there, which would make for great cover for Simpson, Thomas and Williamson.

I've mentioned Francis Watson a few times as a solid example. Tom Murphy at North is another.

These guys tumble to the bottle of the draft most years for the most inexplicable reasons (usually a perception of low possession numbers and lack of midfield potential).

If he was 1 year, then fine not a massive error. If 3 years as some people have posted, then that's too long.

And your logic is flawed. Just because there wasns't anyone better, doesn't mean we had to take him. We could've banked the space or restructured other deals to pay more up front.

You're like those millenials who don't save and spend their entire pay packet as soon as they get it. Irresponsible.

You've made a pretty spectacular assumption about me there...

I don't think we've signed him up on a lucrative long-term deal, so yeah, who we'd have taken instead is relevant. Pick 60+, or another DFA, they'd have been as good a chance if not more so of being a wasted list space. I'm just curious as to what you think we should have done instead of throwing a lifeline to a proven AFL small forward on the comeback trail from injury.

Can't see Kerr keeping his spot. Just too one dimensional. Can't provide enough pressure.

If that is as fast as Goddard can run then he doesn't have a future and I would let him go, especially if we keep Caz. Despite WC playing 4 tall options forward he was starting on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back