MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I know they're cracking down on umpire abuse and Daisy shouldn't have said what he did but if he gets 4 weeks that's an absolute joke and way too harsh IMO.

It's the inconsistencies that piss me off the most, just looking at the fact that Mumford didn't even get a fine and Cripps did shows there are flaws in the system

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They seriously suggesting 4 weeks for what Dale Thomas said? Far out thats really excessive, surely a fine is more then sufficient? I'm sure it was a heat of the moment thing :/

Bottom line is that the truth hurts.

Razor Ray going to cop the four weeks for telling his colleague something similar?

The AFL umpiring fraternity is a disgrace and yes Daisy was right (you still don't say it though).

Of course it's only opinion based, some saying that 1-2 weeks would be appropriate, but others saying that minimum 4 weeks should be the penalty in order to stamp it out.
One of the NRL commentators said that if it was in their code, he would expect a sanction of 10-12 weeks to rub it out completely.
Like I say, all opinion based because this is the first time an AFL player has had to front the tribunal for this, so there is no precedent or measuring stick.

They seriously suggesting 4 weeks for what Dale Thomas said? Far out thats really excessive, surely a fine is more then sufficient? I'm sure it was a heat of the moment thing :/

The ******* cheated us against GCS and against Pies.

About time someone called it out.

Seriously - 5 free kicks in 120 minutes of football? Even Pies supporter mates of mine were laughing about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly if he told the umpire what is reported then he deserves whatever he gets.

For any player, let alone a senior player to do that is utter ridiculous.
This.
I get Daisy's frustration, but you sinply cannot say that to an umpire.

Unfortunately, we are the easy target as a club and one that is often made example of before the same issue is thereafter ignored.

Rinse and repeat.

Yep, Lloyd talked the talk from a player position today and I’m one that actually agrees with him...

It’s also about time the administration actually made a stand about the double standards permeating like a stench on the edge of the Werribee s**t farm. We continuously let our club be the ones made an example of for the AFL authorities to then be way inconsistent on extremely similar incidents.

It’s sickening, being mr nice guy is getting us nowhere off and on the field, it’s time to get get angry within the club.

The Match Review Panel's decision to let Mumford off is a travesty. I have no doubt Mumford was going hard at Murphy with his knees and the often trotted out excuse that he is just clumsy is just BS. Where is the duty of care in this incident both from the player and by the decision? I share your anger Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On ya Daisy...
The way I look at it...if someone said to me on the playing field I was a f’n cheat (and I Wasn’t) I’d laugh it off...hardly insulted by that comment.
But if I were a cheat and called that then I’d be pissed for being called out.
Hmmmm....

I have no doubt they get called worse from the crowd every moment they blow the whistle or make a call.

I know I probably sound pathetic with my thoughts but after Mumford gets off I just don’t care. They are making it really hard to respect the league for this garbage that’s going on with the MRO. ******* joke!!!

can I ask what you'll do?
Thy no offence, but what he will do is not the point as the club should stick up for Murph who was "open" because he was handballing and Mummy chose to take a cheap shot at him............the afl has to take some responsibility for letting too many players off this year for infringements that they said would be punishable at the start of the season. Setterfield was given 2 weeks for a legitimate tackle that unfortunately knocked a guy out, but it was not a sling tackle or an animal act so why not just give him a week? Plowman had his cheekbone broken last week and a few on here said a magpie guy did it, but nothing was done about that if it was true. The rules are supposed to apply to every team not just the bottom teams!!! Murphy can`t win because people say he is soft, but then nobody seems to give a stuff when he cops a knee to the ribs!!! In their great haste to implement the new rules, the afl/umps seem to be neglecting the very basics of our game this year and it is p*ssing people off (especially Carlton people!) because there is so little consistency now...................:eek:

Last edited:
Mumford's was a cheap shot against a player who was unprotected....whether it was the swinging arm or the sinking of the knee, the fact was it ended up breaking ribs.

I heard the gibberish coming out of the mouth of that puppet Christian, absolutely nonsensical.

Mac Sport talking about Daisy being the first player being sent directly to the tribunal since the rule was introduced. They are talking about potentially 4 weeks or more as a sanction.

well if you are going to start making an example of someone, why not start with a carlton player!

Are we actually living in the real world here? Mumford all clear for sinking a knee in and fracturing ribs(Murph was lucky that it wasn't worse) and dale Thomas goes straight to the tribunal for umpire abuse. Wow I give up. How can this be allowed to happen, grow some balls CFC, don't go on ******* radio and say Mumfords actions were fine FFS, you've lost me, you've lost me AFL and you've lost me CFC.

This is simply bewildering, it really is hard to see how Daisy is not completely correct in his assessment of the afl's representatives. How has Mumford not got banned? how? the act was clearly intentional, there was a clear strike, it was clearly late. The intent was there. Broken ribs medical report would indicate a level of impact? (i can only assume that the AFL gets their information from Bigfooty and have read several times that Murphy is soft a butter and assessed the impact as low?) resulting in a fine! did mumford even get a fine?

I am assuming that Brad Lloyd comments are naively trying to establish precedent when the blues come out angry next week and clobber a few saints. Do we get to play GWS again this year, i'm hoping we get them round 21 and casboult's 1 job for the day is to play 25 meters behind Mumford. everybody else's role is to kick it high on mumfords head.

mumford hasn't crossed the line here... it seems there is no line for mumford... possibly it got snorted during preseason?

On ya Daisy...
The way I look at it...if someone said to me on the playing field I was a f’n cheat (and I Wasn’t) I’d laugh it off...hardly insulted by that comment.
But if I were a cheat and called that then I’d be pissed for being called out.
Hmmmm....

I have no doubt they get called worse from the crowd every moment they blow the whistle or make a call.

I know I probably sound pathetic with my thoughts but after Mumford gets off I just don’t care. They are making it really hard to respect the league for this garbage that’s going on with the MRO. ******* joke!!!
so in your mind what can't you call an umpire? and who draws the line?

Have you ever actually played football, mr faux tough guy, what a crap response.
It was hard contact, with Murphy caught in a bad position. Big guy on small guy. Happens a lot.
Where did I say I applauded it, exactly.
Maybe I played more than you, as he has no case to answer!

"Most people would love it if it was the other way around."

...most people would interpret this as applause

Seriously, Mumford? He has a habit of being “clumsy” in ways that put opposition players out for weeks...

and if his clumsy swinging arm had connected with Murphy’s head? FFS does anyone in our club leadership have any passion or is it just a day job.

Mumford took out a player in a vulnerable position after he disposed of the ball. Yet Daisy is pinged for a player not expecting contact. Daisy called it perfectly the application of two sets of standards in the same game based on colour of the shirt or a player being a “star” is fair dinkum cheating.

Hawks game, Pies game are other examples of the same, it’s either cheating or incompetence!

so in your mind what can't you call an umpire? and who draws the line?

Getting personal, racism, sexism. I think I find myself more offended by rampe’s slur. As for who draws the line, I guess that is in the hand of the individual...in this case the umpire. Talk about low ceiling.

Although its not the right thing to say. Can't actually be condoned to say it in sport at all. You just have to ask why a player of that experience would do so. Daisy has been in plenty of hidings so it's not just frustration at the score.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back