News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Goddard's mark in the GF pales in comparison IMO. I mean the crowd erupted and it's probably my favourite moment as a Saints fan, but that goal against the Lions was on another level entirely. I'm positive the stadium shook. 50,000 people there and I reckon 45,000 of them Saints fans. It was surreal!

The Goddard mark nearly had me fainting, I felt dizzy and nearly threw up, I was actually silent and in shock, I really thought we'd won at that point.

The Goddard mark nearly had me fainting, I felt dizzy and nearly threw up, I was actually silent and in shock, I really thought we'd won at that point.
So did I, except for the throwing up and feeling dizzy part ;)

I was standing around in the car park of the reception area my friend's wedding was at with every other guest listening to it on the radio.

An arsehole move!

So did I, except for the throwing up and feeling dizzy part ;)

I don't do things by halves. I had been drinking to settle the nerves which hadn't worked.

I don't do things by halves. I had been drinking to settle the nerves which hadn't worked.
I was in the Saints cheer squad, too nervous to do anything but sit there in one position and watch the game for fear of jinxing the side. But I worked my way into it...Gilbert's goal, Hayes goal, Goddard's mark...I was high-fiving complete strangers.

Both those GF's had me out of pocket $800...

Yep that moment you thought, finally!

I have friends that I met at Moorabbin in 87.

We have always gone to the footy together ever since and we've grown from a gang of 3 to a clan of over 20 over the years.

We lined up for finals tix in 91 @ Myers Dandenong. Went straight to Moorabbin and lined up all night after the 97 Prelim.

We made a vow that we would all be there when we won it and share the moment together.

Fast forward 2010 and Goddard marks.

My mate was in a Corp box. His two sisters? One went to the loo and didn't come out until the siren went. The other buried her face in her lap and couldn't watch the restvof the game.

Talk about squibs.

Goddard's mark was the moment we all dared to dream.

Or the moment I had started cashing the chips and started to believe we were already there.

I was in the Saints cheer squad, too nervous to do anything but sit there in one position and watch the game for fear of jinxing the side. But I worked my way into it...Gilbert's goal, Hayes goal, Goddard's mark...I was high-fiving complete strangers.

Both those GF's had me out of pocket $800...
That's the only positive of not playing finals for 8 years... You can pay off the mortgage quicker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can remember walking around the house after the siren in sheer disbelief and thinking what the **** had happened.
I remember the train home. A couple of Saints fans were a bit full and having a go at Raph (was it 09 or 10 when he got caught?).

One of them quipped "******* Raph Clarke couldn't get a proper touch if he was a Catholic altar boy"

I was both angry and amused at the same time.

I remember beating Essendon by 108 points final game of 2008 . We were all waiting for the live ladder to come up . When it did it showed we had jumped to 4th. Place went crazy .

I was at home that day. Set myself up with a spreadsheet before the game. Put in every possible Essendon score from about 30-80 and then calculated the amount we'd need to kick for each score. I knew before the game that we were going to pull that off.

...Fast forward 2010 and Goddard marks.

My mate was in a Corp box. His two sisters? One went to the loo and didn't come out until the siren went. The other buried her face in her lap and couldn't watch the restvof the game.

Talk about squibs.

I was in the dunny at the MCG when Warney took his 700th. Not quite a grand final, but not ideal.

2010 it was the middle of the night in London. I found myself watching the match in a bar with Warnie and friends(we were all there for a poker tournament). When Bj took that mark, my god, i had no voice the next day.

That 2004 game is the loudest I've ever heard a saints crowd. I just remember fans singing, walking on the road, on the trains, trams and singing in their cars. Unforgettable.

15 yrs ago. Holy s**t i feel old. Hurry up and win the flag before i cark it saints.

I was at home that day. Set myself up with a spreadsheet before the game. Put in every possible Essendon score from about 30-80 and then calculated the amount we'd need to kick for each score. I knew before the game that we were going to pull that off.
I think we kicked 9 or 10 in the last quarter .
I took the family over as it looked to be Harvey’s last game midway through the year but then we came good

I remember beating Essendon by 108 points final game of 2008 . We were all waiting for the live ladder to come up . When it did it showed we had jumped to 4th. Place went crazy .

I went with a couple of guys from work, including a Swiss guy who supported Essendon. He didn't know why the Saints supporters kept going nuts long after it was clear they were going to win.
Steven Milne was going crazy 21 kicks 7 goals and 2 behinds that night.
4 to Riewoldt, 3 to Grammy
s**t! Rob Eddy and Charlie Gardiner even kicked goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back