2019 Trade thread

I like him but think the response from many Hawks fans would be, no point being able to mark it if you can't convert.

True but it will be a step up to what Martin offers presently in forward line. Ceglar and OMac can swap places and we will be able to retain marking power in forward line and wing. Ceglar would come cheap and a fit in the mature ruck backfill our list might need (if say Martin retires).

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brandon Ellis has put contract talks on hold with Richmond.

He's a free agent too
A Richmond supporting bloke at my work told me 4 weeks ago Ellis is going. Told me he has uber reliable sources. But he also told me a few other things that had me seriously doubting his mail.

Nah he didn't say brisbane. But he mentioned a few coming and a star leaving us. But i reckon he is bogus. Although he seems to be on the money with Ellis.
Who in their right mind would want to leave the juggernaut known as the Brisbane Lions?🦁

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sier is s**t we cant afford to have another Robinson or matho on the list
Look they play their part very well but the biggest drawback for mine on those two are the no look kick it as long as possible disposals that account for like 75% of their touches
not saying they arent best 22 or arent playing good football as the case for mitch but you can only have so many of those players who do those kicks

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Sier is s**t we cant afford to have another Robinson or matho on the list
Look they play their part very well but the biggest drawback for mine on those two are the no look kick it as long as possible disposals that account for like 75% of their touches
not saying they arent best 22 or arent playing good football as the case for mitch but you can only have so many of those players who do those kicks
Admittedly I haven't seen a huge amount of Brayden Sier but he certainly didn't look s**t to me, IMO he would be a definite upgrade on Matho and probably Mitch Robbo, although I do love Robbo and he offers that intangible team lifting mongrel type footy that every club needs.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I wouldn't be paying too much for Sier. Might be better than Matho but still too one dimensional. Invest in Smith, Starcevich, Bailey, Joyce, TBerry, etc.
Yer, if 2-3 of those become reliable first 22 players that would be ideal. I think Bailey has shown enough to suggest he will and I'm very bullish on T.Berry, has something about him that screams very good player from my viewing.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yer, if 2-3 of those become reliable first 22 players that would be ideal. I think Bailey has shown enough to suggest he will and I'm very bullish on T.Berry, has something about him that screams very good player from my viewing.

Just need one of Smith or Starce to play a similar role to Sier but with more outside ability and we'll be set.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Just need one of Smith or Starce to play a similar role to Sier but with more outside ability and we'll be set.
Gee, I'm so looking forward to watching us play over the next 5-10 years, fun successful times ahead for us. Impossible to guarantee a flag but we should be up and around the top 4 for at least that period of time and that gives you a realistic chance at the ultimate.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
So the rumours of Bradley Hill leaving Perth look like being true...although will only be to a Melbourne based club based on this a short time ago:
Geelong; really? Potentially could work if Kelly leaves.
Kelly to Freo, Hill x 2 to Geelong (and maybe some other players or picks involved if someone needs to balance it out)?

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Kelly to Freo, Hill x 2 to Geelong (and maybe some other players or picks involved if someone needs to balance it out)?
They were discussing that exact scenario on SEN yesterday morning, although Kelly doesn’t want to go to Freo, well he didn’t last year. I guess Geelong could on trade whatever West Coast give them for Kelly to Freo if in fact Kelly does want a return west.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
They were discussing that exact scenario on SEN yesterday morning, although Kelly doesn’t want to go to Freo, well he didn’t last year. I guess Geelong could on trade whatever West Coast give them for Kelly to Freo if in fact Kelly does want a return west.

I think that was last year D12. From what I’ve heard he would be open to a trade to Freo now. I think Freo would be able to offer more to Geelong in regards to players and picks than the Eagles. BTW, are you going to the open day for the Historical Museum tomorrow? Should be a fair few past Roy players attending.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I think that was last year D12. From what I’ve heard he would be open to a trade to Freo now. I think Freo would be able to offer more to Geelong in regards to players and picks than the Eagles. BTW, are you going to the open day for the Historical Museum tomorrow? Should be a fair few past Roy players attending.
I didn't realise he was open to Freo now...Kelly for the Hill(s) seems like a pretty straight forward trade if both parties were amenable to such a trade (not sure how interested Geelong would be for Stephen Hill and whether Stephen Hill feels he would get the opportunity he needs at Geelong).

Back