2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet you still felt qualified to tell him to harden the f. up.

The only evidence we have of mental health issues is that Lobb had to leave school when he was young because of bullying, including from his football mates: Lobb has spoken about it publicly.

I reckon Lobb has hardened up, because he is able to tell the world of his background. I can guarantee it wasn’t some f-wit telling him to harden up that helped him though.

As for the banter on the field during training, I think it is harmless, meant in good spirit and shared between players at different sessions.
What we know is that his team mates were giving him s**t. That’s what I discussed.

Your last point sums it up. Why do we need to examine this in terms someone’s feeling getting hurt? Or someone getting ‘triggered’. It is nonsensical.

Give him heaps of s**t until he hardens the f up. You confront problems head on. He is not a child anymore. Face your your fears. His friends, colleagues, teammates are doing him a service.

Do you think the opposition will be empathetic?

I haven’t been following the discussion very closely, but there is some confusion, is it Logue or Lobbe?
I understand your sentiment but I dont think professional sports teams work like that anymore. There is to much evidence that positive reinforcement is more effective than the opposite. Look at the top coaches in the NBA, EPL etc, they are sort of mild mannered and clearly focus more on what is done well more than what is not working.

I wish social media would just go away... bet the players do too.. It was great watching sport in the 80's & 90's when you didn't know or want to know jack s**t about every players life..
Even this forum has probably been so damaging to players over the years. Instead of sport fans doing their banter at the pub or living room, it's permanently etched for the world to see.

I have an apology to make.
I reported that Lobb had some crap hung on him by team mates. It was, in fact, Bob.
Bob is the guy that fills water bottles. No need to argue about banter vs bullying now as it was only Bob.
What about Bob?
You know the puns are going to ... up :)

I wish social media would just go away... bet the players do too.. It was great watching sport in the 80's & 90's when you didn't know or want to know jack s**t about every players life..
Even this forum has probably been so damaging to players over the years. Instead of sport fans doing their banter at the pub or living room, it's permanently etched for the world to see.

I reckon the players that would want it to go away would probably just not be on it in the first place.

There are those that participate in social media quite a bit though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what’s up with Logue he’s not listed as injured but was still limping at training?

I agree

I don't have Facebook anymore. What a waste of time. I don't need it to make my life happy. I can also see how damaging it is to people.

I'd rather just enjoy life

I have an apology to make.
I reported that Lobb had some crap hung on him by team mates. It was, in fact, Bob.
Bob is the guy that fills water bottles. No need to argue about banter vs bullying now as it was only Bob.
not cool
waterboy.gif

"even this forum" You don't think BigFooty is social media?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back