2019 "World" Cup Shamblefier - Scotland robbed again, no Associates at World Cup for first time ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully the Windies beat the Zimbos to keep it interesting.

I dunno. I think more than any other nation Zimbabwean cricket needs to play in this world cup. They've had a good system in the past and are building something good again but not making the world cup will probably kill it.

I dunno. I think more than any other nation Zimbabwean cricket needs to play in this world cup. They've had a good system in the past and are building something good again but not making the world cup will probably kill it.
Yeah there was an article saying they are $19 mil in debt and need to make this world cup otherwise they'll cancel series against Pakistan and Australia. If they make the world cup teams will be more willing to play them. Windies will have plenty of Cricket either way. Scotland won't be in the ODI league so 9 matches against full members would be massive. Great for getting sponsors and funding as well.

Yeah there was an article saying they are $19 mil in debt and need to make this world cup otherwise they'll cancel series against Pakistan and Australia. If they make the world cup teams will be more willing to play them. Windies will have plenty of Cricket either way. Scotland won't be in the ODI league so 9 matches against full members would be massive. Great for getting sponsors and funding as well.

Scotland being at the 2019 World Cup would be the best way to force the issue of how badly the ICC board is treating teams that aren't full members. If the Dutch had made it, it would've had less impact because they'll be in the 13 team ODI Championship and have guaranteed fixtures. But Scotland? Scotland have nothing, despite finishing a close 2nd in the same championship and bordering two full members.

Scotland being at the 2019 World Cup would be the best way to force the issue of how badly the ICC board is treating teams that aren't full members. If the Dutch had made it, it would've had less impact because they'll be in the 13 team ODI Championship and have guaranteed fixtures. But Scotland? Scotland have nothing, despite finishing a close 2nd in the same championship and bordering two full members.
Absolutely and i reckon they'll get good attendances at their matches being so close.

PNG win their first match of the tournament in the 4000th ODI, which will also be the last ODI that they and Hong Kong play for a while. A long while.

HK really needed another decent batsman this tournament, and this last placed finish came after finishing third in the WCL Championship behind the Netherlands and Scotland, and very nearly finishing first if not for two close losses to the Dutch at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Scotland.

Man, * these qualifiers. If they wanna go qualifiers then go the FIFA route and make everyone have to do it. India is strong enough anyway to make it.

That really was a horrible throw.

Ooft that was a good ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back