2020 AFL fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't consider our 'away' derby an away game. That's an absurd concept.

Not really.

Same venue as your home ground, but you play in front of a Freo crowd with all the requisite Freo gamestuff (like playing "thunder" whenever Freo kick a goal) while wearing an away jersey. It's a different environment to a home game.

Not really.

Same venue as your home ground, but you play in front of a Freo crowd with all the requisite Freo gamestuff (like playing "thunder" whenever Freo kick a goal) while wearing an away jersey. It's a different environment to a home game.

"same venue as your home ground, but...." LOL

The guernsey's are different, and you hear a different sound when a goal is kicked...

A game on your home ground is as good as a home game. Guernsey is irrelevant. Crowd doesn't really play a significant role in a game between two teams from the same town.

The guernsey's are different, and you hear a different sound when a goal is kicked...

A game on your home ground is as good as a home game. Guernsey is irrelevant. Crowd doesn't really play a significant role in a game between two teams from the same town.

The crowd is certainly a factor. Collingwood’s and Richmond’s away games at the MCG are however different to yours as they still get the most support or equal when playing one another.

The crowd is certainly a factor. Collingwood’s and Richmond’s away games at the MCG are however different to yours as they still get the most support or equal when playing one another.

MCG is 100 000 people. Crowd at MCG between to MCG Tennant is 60:40 max in favour of home game.

The home crowd factor is actually more pronounced in Optus due to 60k capacity.

Anyway let's get back to the thread at hand.

It's a home game.

It is in Tassie because they entered an AGREEMENT which gives them $$$.

It should be treated as a home game in terms of determining fixture difficulty.
This, there is an obvious difference between Hawthorn deciding to play in Tassie and them being fixtured to play in Perth

This, there is an obvious difference between Hawthorn deciding to play in Tassie and them being fixtured to play in Perth
100%. Hawks+North+Dogs+Melbourne should play their 5 interstate games ontop of the games they sell away from home.

Bad enough we have to play home games in Melbourne because they sell games for cash (and we lose the money taking their s**t Melbourne deal)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twice in last 12 seasons Coll have not had 1 home and 1 away game for first 2 games of the year. 1 year it was 2 home games, another 2 away games to start the season.
You have been Home and away first two rounds since 2010.

You eagles are really hung up on this venue crap aren't you, give it a rest FFS.

You have been Home and away first two rounds since 2010.

You eagles are really hung up on this venue crap aren't you, give it a rest FFS.

I'm probably one of the West Coast fans who care less about the differences between Victorian and non-Victorian teams as it relates to the fixture. But the poster I was responding to was simply not accurate.

I'm probably one of the West Coast fans who care less about the differences between Victorian and non-Victorian teams as it relates to the fixture. But the poster I was responding to was simply not accurate.
I must admit when I quoted your post before I was going to jump down your throat for typical #VICBIAS agenda but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. :)

Round 2 ?

Thursday, March 26
Collingwood vs. Richmond (MCG - 7.20pm AEDT)

Friday, March 27
Sydney Swans vs. Essendon (SCG - 7.50pm AEDT)

Saturday, March 28
Melbourne vs. Hawthorn (MCG - 1.45pm AEDT)
Carlton vs. GWS GIANTS (Marvel Stadium - 4.35pm AEDT)
Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne (The Gabba - 6.25pm AEST)
Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide Crows (Adelaide Oval - 7.10pm ACDT)

Sunday, March 29
St Kilda vs. West Coast Eagles (Marvel Stadium - 1.10pm AEDT)
Geelong Cats vs. Gold Coast SUNS (GMHBA Stadium - 3.20pm AEDT)
Fremantle vs. Western Bulldogs (Optus Stadium - 3.20pm AWST)

I doub they'd do Port vs Crows as Port's first home game, they usually put a lower drawing team against the SA teams for the first home game each because there's a natural crowd bump anyway. With Bulldogs playing the Friday night in Round 3, I feel pretty confident it'll be Port v Bulldogs on a Saturday Twilight or a Saturday night.

I think the Geelong Advertiser and the Gold Coast bulletin has further leaks but I'm not a subscriber

I couldn’t find anything on there that hasn’t already been reported.
Oh well, 12 hours to go!

Giants v Dogs on a Friday night in round 3 in Canberra according to the Canberra times

Man I'm sick of the Bulldogs at Manuka. Might go to the Raiders game instead since this was scheduled as a bloody clash, which just shouldn't happen in Canberra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back